Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with Simpe  (Read 1710 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
John55

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2008, 01:38:53 am »

Just recently I have been having this problem with Simpe. It is in the area where one can add or remove the Sims memories. Everything is greyed out. The list is missing. I did uninstall and renintall both the Sims game and Simpe. I have only the first three Ep's with FFP and GL.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:55:22 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 02:58:55 am »

John -- first off, I have seen similar reports of this display issue for SimPE under Vista, I didn't see this reported on the SimPE forum so they may be unaware of it there (too many threads there to be sure).  This may be something specific to Vista or a particular driver.

I see you have Windows Vista installed, is it the 32-bit or the 64-bit version?  Did you install SimPE as the administrator? Have you updated with the latest .NET 2 updates? and have you tried using one of the older versions of SimPE? most of the additions to SimPE after the OFB release don't add anything of use for your current install of the game - I strongly recommend 0.58 no letter .NET 2 version (there was a thumbnail bug in Wizards of SimPE in one of the 0.58 versions  - 0.58a or 0.58b - don't remember which).

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 03:29:45 am »

Wow, do you think that Vista's a problem with SimPE?  I have been reading @ the simPE forums, and I haven't seen too much on Vista problems.  I have a problem with only being able to use the program once, after using it and closing SimPE, I have to uninstall and reinstall, then I can use it again. Otherwise everything is blank. :dontknow:

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
John55

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 04:44:55 am »

I have the 32 bit Vista Ultimate. I did not want the 64 because it is very different, Plus can't run any XP's programs that I have on the 64bit verson. AS far as any older verson. I wish I had. Cause I think that would help a great deal. I went to Simpe's site to see if I could get the older. I am out of luck there. I have all the drivers.  When I installed Vista everthing worked great, Up until last month. Everything in Simpe works accept that part. As I was typing this I reread your post. Thanks for the link.  At 6 in the Morning at and all nighter doesn't help the eyes much. I reintall the older verson of Simpe. Then Let you know. First. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Once again. Thanks
 I downloaded the Rar file. opened it in the Simpe folder. Ran the program. I got all kinds of Icon showing up at the Windows Explorer bar. I am getting short on hair on my head about this.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 05:18:06 am by John55 » Logged
John55

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 08:18:00 am »

I got it! Back to what is was. Thanks Beosboxboy for the help. :happy8:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: