Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 05:53:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where the heck is the moon? :(  (Read 3631 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
fytj

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2008, 04:11:28 pm »

I just got a new computer that pretty much kicks ass(3.16GHz, 4 gigs of Ram, HD 2600 XT but I'll upgrade it) and I still can't see the moon! Is there any setting I need to turn on or something? And has anyone else experienced this problem? I mean: it can't be my computer or do I still need an even better one??
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 06:05:03 pm »

Don't think it's you, I have played on several top specs machines and no moon, I figured I just played with fade on or zoomed in too close to see it.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 07:07:37 pm »

I have wondered that, too.  I wanted to see the moon, but no moon. I thought because I play downtown so much, maybe the airs too dirty to see. LOL

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Ultravixen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 08:02:25 pm »

^That comment made me laugh so hard! Cheesy

Sim Idol 2008 - 4th | Picture Perfect - Mentor
Ultravixen's Simmies
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 04:25:00 pm »

i've never seen the moon either...not sure why just jealous of the ones who can...mayb someone who can or knows why this is will post an answer for us....let's hope

BEV
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 06:46:49 pm »

this started happening with Seasons, I believe.

go into your game options/graphics options
(either or, i forget which one specifically)
and (graphics card willing) set view distance to extra large
and fade distance to extra large.

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
winterglow

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 07:02:03 pm »

what? I can see  moon in the sky?
I've seasons and my graphic card is good but...
I will pay more attention to the sky in the game the next time

Koji Tamaki \(^o^)/
Yong Yun Bae  \(*O*)/
FratBrat44

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 05:18:24 pm »

I never even knew there was a moon in the Sims 2 game.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 12:48:40 am »

I really don't understand the moon thing - I see it sometimes - and others I don't. I don't know what controls this.  I know the night sky sphere texture has a moon on it and stars, and just like the moon, sometimes I see the stars, other times I don't.  But there is no rhyme or reason as to why it is solid blue 90% of the time.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 02:24:13 am »

Well moonseekers...i did what megativity13 said to do....but i still didn't see the moon or stars, was disappointed of course....but......i just use the camera thing in game to move the angles to get a better pic of my toddler since they sit alot and i can't get closeups....so i use the hit Tab button on keyboard then use the other keys to manuever it....well here i was trying to capture this pic and WOW...i seen stars( well not me) but in the game i was so excited i quit focusing on tod pic and started looking for the moon and i briefly seen it then cuz i was moving to fast i lost it and couldn't find it again....but it was so cool to finally see it...so i believe that camera mode along with megativity13's suggestion worked....Question BBB....do u think that it may be possible that why you can only see them is on a clear night? i know there is clouds when you are viewing the neighborhood that move around...so maybe some nights are cloudy and that is why you can't view this?Huh?? just a thought... i mean in real life this plays a factor....

BEV
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 02:53:23 am »

Bev I don't know, really.  It seems so random in my game that I can't tell.  I have almost no clouds in my skies, so I wonder if it is a bug or by design.  Certainly "clear night sky" would make sense, so you may have thought of something we need to consider.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 07:20:03 am »

I feel you.  I lost my clouds, moon, and stars after installing Seasons... All I have is a blank blue sky in varying shades, no matter which camera options I choose, or even enabling turning up Graphic Effects and pixel shaders.  I miss those effects...Sad

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 10:43:54 am »

It would be just like EA to bung this up with an EP.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: