Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 02:09:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Everything not working on insimenator.net  (Read 7654 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
yeegreen

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2008, 06:07:41 pm »

I have a Mac duh!

For the past time i have been here at insimenator.net (1 year of so) i could only download sim lots,neighborhoods,community centers, and custom sims. why can't i download any other downloads. And could anyone tell me lots of sites that are mac friendly.

PLEASE HELP I'M DIEING FOR A ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad4::sad4::sad4::smt120:smt120:smt120:smt120:smt120:smt120:smt120:smt120:smt120

Life is like a walking cat ~ Nanami Feung Hanfanyo & Akihito Wan Kangino  (my mother & father)

In memory of my mother & father Nanami Feung Hanfanyo & Akihito Wan Kangino who both died May 9 1:37 AM *CRY SOD
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 06:15:58 pm »

yeegreen - what web browser are you using? there are known issues with Safari browser and php-based forum software, perhaps you might have better results using Camino?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
yeegreen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 07:46:24 am »

beosboxboy, the web browser i am using is Firefox and i am using mac os x leopard
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 07:49:00 am by yeegreen » Logged

Life is like a walking cat ~ Nanami Feung Hanfanyo & Akihito Wan Kangino  (my mother & father)

In memory of my mother & father Nanami Feung Hanfanyo & Akihito Wan Kangino who both died May 9 1:37 AM *CRY SOD
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 07:55:08 am »

yeegreen I am not sure what the problem could be, try changing the pop-up blocker settings.

Can you explain what happens when you click a download link? Do you receive a strange text file?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
yeegreen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 09:32:10 am »

well BBB, i can download it but it gives a folder having a .package application. It is not the .package for the sims 2 and it looks like a black box with a green text saying "exec" on the top left corner. Do you think the problem is mac os x leopard can not properly download .rar files from insimenator.net? I also allowed firefox to receive pop-up windows now of just block pop-up windows for insimenator.net. For firefox I am using 2.0.0.12 version of firefox
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:42:30 am by yeegreen » Logged

vikvac49

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 11:41:55 am »

Hi yeegreen, I have a mac also but don't have trouble downloading or using any of the files from this site or any others. Most of the sites are mac friendly, I have downloaded and used content from many of the other sites without problems.Could be a conflict with your mac. You might want to try repairing your disk permissions. Go to utilities, launch disk utility, under first aid select your main hard drive volume and hit repair disk permissions. Once this is done reboot your mac. Just a thought. Hope it works. : )
yeegreen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 04:14:32 pm »

well i upgraded from tiger to mac os x leopard yesterday

yeegreen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 04:14:56 pm »

still no answers

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 03:38:30 am »

yeegreen - the problem is definitely with your system.  I just tested many many links on the InSIM site with my Mac G5, and they all worked as expected.

Try using Safari with the special click download option -- you will have to hold down the control button (the one on the end, not the apple button) and then click the link and a menu will pop up. Select Download Linked File.

have you customized firefox and if so with what?

The customization of Firefox is one very likely cause of the problem. Another possibility is a corrupted prefs file--try quitting Firefox, then moving or renaming
/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/org.mozilla.firefox.plist and org.mozilla.firefox.plist.saved

Also try un-installing and re-installing Stuffit and Firefox

If this doesn't solve the problem, you'll have to take a look at these two links and hope for a better solution:

http://forums.osxfaq.com/viewtopic.php?t=7269

http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/faqs.html
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 03:44:08 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

Simz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 11:53:55 am »

Just drag the box thing on to your downloads folder.

I have always hated the darkness.
The darkness within the human soul.
Within my soul.
I have always hated a part of myself.
~Raven
yeegreen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 12:22:42 pm »

I really dont think that would work

Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 01:28:43 pm »

Half of my files were black like that. After I installed wohoo, all the icons changed to the wohoo-icon. Both the black ones and the white ones. They work, I don't know why they have different icons, I never saw a pattern in what kind of files they were..

And it IS always worth to try everything you get suggested, and not just write a rude reply like that.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Simz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 02:08:33 pm »

Ok, that was mean. But what I meant was all my downloads except Sims2Packs look like that even after I got Woohoo.(this is all after the decompression process) Just drag the stuff into Documents>EA games>The Sims 2>Downloads and it appears in Body Shop and In Game. I know it sounds like something more needs to be done but it's really that easy. I use Safari(as my browser),UnRarX(for Rar files), and 7zip(for zip files). Sometimes I have a problem UnRar-ing the files and in that case I just redownload. And still, that was mean before, you could have tried it and just said it didn't work, don't make assumptions like that:(.

Within my soul.
~Raven
yeegreen

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 05:06:38 pm »

sorry guys

Simz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 06:11:19 pm »

it's ok.

Within my soul.
~Raven
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: