Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 10:22:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Puzzling Create a Sim Problem  (Read 1243 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
audrey_jo

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2008, 08:29:08 pm »

Soooo....I have an odd and very weird problem in my Create-A-Sims menu.

First off, let me rundown my specs:

1) Windows XP HomeEdition
2) Dell Inspiron 6000
3) Intel Graphics card and Drivers all up to date and never a problem before today (even with a lot more custom content installed--I recently got rid of a bunch of stuff)
4) Expansions include: University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, and Seasons
5) I recently reformatted my computer and put all of the expansions in their correct order.
6) Graphics is set to medium/Texture Detail is set to high, because it has always been there before and hasn't been a problem. Even when I reduced the graphic options my problem still persisted, so I returned them to the high setting.

My Problem:

Everything else in my game looks fine--terrain isn't blurry, objects appear fine, previously created Sims show up in all of their glory.

But, whenever I go to Create-A-Sims, at first, the Sim that pops up is fine looking.  But, as soon as I click on any other of the options (Heads, Face, Clothing, etc.) the Sim texture gets blurry and mushy.

Now, if I click on some custom content here and there, it seems to clear...that is, until I move on to the next option (Heads, Face, etc) and it'll get mushy again. If I play my cards right, I can kinda make it so that whatever I push I can get some high detail and the whole Sim (not just hair, face, or clothing) will be in high detail, but this problem is really irritating and I can't figure it out...especially since it's not guaranteed that I can always get it in the right order.

I reformatted a week ago, installed the custom content I wanted, and it's been playing absolutely fine up until now.

Today, I downloaded the following: SimPE (in trying to package my Sims so I could put them in a new neighborhood), a custom modeling pose hack, 3 new terrains, a camera hack, and "buyable" clouds.

All have been uninstalled except SimPE and the original Maxis Camera settings have been put in.

I read on previous sites that sometime this worked--uninstall the content added and then restart your computer, but this doesn't seem to have worked.  And, none of the other sites or even this one seemed to have my specific problem.

If anyone can help, I would REALLLLY appreciate it.  I can't really uninstall my Sims games because I don't have them and they are NOT readily available now or in the near future, so...if anyone has ANY suggestions are help at all I would really, really appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

Edit:

I took out all of my Download folders and the problem still exists within the original game. Just wanted to mention that in case that might be a suggestion.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 11:07:40 am by audrey_jo » Logged
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 09:15:55 am »

Check in Add/Remove programs for the date last used on all of your EPs and the base game. If you let it update during install it can give wierd dates like 3/12/2071. Mine did so I uninstalled, deleted the folders, clened the registry and remove SecuRom then re installed clean and didn't let it update during install. It's al fine now and stays fine when I manually update.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: