Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:32:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Autorun.exe trouble installing Freetime- Updated post but still not resolved  (Read 1973 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
trl

View Profile WWW
« on: March 21, 2008, 08:42:55 pm »

I went to install Freetime EP and keep getting a message that windows has to close, blah blah.. It says it can't find the Autorunexe. I have cleaned the disk, tried to install manually, all things stated by EAGames for installation trouble shooting and still can't resolve this.

So I put all my downloads, saved sims etc back in my game folder and went to play Bon Voyage. As the disk was out of my cd/dvd drive I put the disk in and got the same message with the BV game. (Windows has encountered a problem...must close) But BV will run when I use my shortcut. So it obviously can find the autorun exe. Also, I have not removed Securom nor do I play with a no cd crack, I play with my original game disk. I have however, created my shortcut bypassing the launcher  which may/maynot explain why BV won't start by inserting the disk but shouldn't have anything to do with installing Freetime.

I have even tried to install Freetime from another cd/dvd drive, (an external one) and still get this same message.  So it obviously isn't a faulty cd/dvd drive or a bad game disk. Does anyone know what can be causing this or what I can do? I am stumped.

I really would like to install Freetime. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is the windows message but I do not have a pic of the initial message that stated "autorunexe could not be found" if it is of any help. Many thanks!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 04:08:42 pm by trl » Logged

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 10:04:11 pm »

I should back up my stuff, uninstall FreeTime.
Empty your Temp folders and EAGAMES FreeTime folder(if it still is there)
Reinstall FreeTime
Something went wrong along the way, cant think of anything else.

No longer active
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 10:10:48 am »

Thanks Bloom but it never installed. When I put the cd in the drive to install it, that message comes up. It is the weirdest thing. I have never had any troubles like this, installing an EP. It's always something though isn't it.

jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 03:49:32 pm »

If I were you, before going completely mad, I would go back to tthe store and exchange your FT for a new copy.

I have never had a problem installing the games (knock wood), but I always have the problem, once installed, of not having the auto-run start the game properly when putting the disc in the CD drawer. Well, the PC asks if I want to run the program and then, when told yes, hems and haws and does nothing for several minutes before my having to double click on the FT (or whatever) icon to begin gameplay.

Is your OS Windows Vista (mine is)? Maybe that could be the problem. DO you have the most current Direct X? I am grasping at straws as I am no techie.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 09:58:10 pm »

You know, it is funny that you say that, jinyc. I purchased the game at Game Stop 2 weeks ago. At Game Stop they remove the disks from the case to prevent theft. So I was just at Circuit City tonight and I was talking with the big tech guy there and he said that he thinks that because the game was not in it's original packaging, someone probably installed it and is now using a no cd crack to play. He stated, as Beosboxboy has stated, that as part of their no pirating thing they are only allowing you to install twice and you can no longer install it. So I think you hit the nail on the head.

I repurchased the game *shakes head* and am going to try installing the new one when I am finished here. *crosses fingers that I haven't wasted more money* Thanks so much for your response. I really appreciate it. By the way, I have XP as well as the current Direct X (9c I think). :]

EDIT: Well that wasn't it, it still will not install and I still get the same message. =[ It will install on my son's computer so it isn't the disk. Also, I tried using and external drive and it still won't install. I did a check on the CD/DVD drive and got the message that it is working properly. Any idea what could be causing this? I alsways get the strangest problems with this game.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 04:07:19 pm by trl » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: