Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 09:22:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My custom content will not work at all  (Read 2267 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rottingfeminist

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2008, 09:24:56 pm »

It's weird, I erased all my Sims off the computer and installed it again because I wanted to start over again....I didn't know it would delete my folders full of mods!

Anyway, I went back and downloaded most of my mods again, went to play the game, and only the clothes work. My hair and makeup will not work. I go to the hair selection and where there used to be a custom content star, it's not lit up anymore, and I have none of my custom hairs. I go to the makeup and it's there, but it won't select (along with my tattoos).

What's going on here??? I made sure I downloaded ALL of their meshes and I downloaded some Colour Enabler pack also....but nothing is working. I made a downloads folder, then copied all the package files into the Collections folder. I also HAVE my custom content ON, for the game graphic thing.

Can anyone help me? Am I putting it in the wrong folder? I'm in hell, I can't use my hair or makeup!!! :smt120
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 09:29:22 pm by rottingfeminist » Logged
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 09:35:31 pm »

maybe you should check your Game folder to see if they are 2 download folder and maybe transfer your ccs in the one the Game Created???
eaGames/sims2/Download.

Good Luck

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 10:00:33 pm »

and you have to enable the CC again, and then restart the game. otherwise nothing will show up.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
rottingfeminist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 12:24:42 am »

Quote from: theraven;1190820
and you have to enable the CC again, and then restart the game. otherwise nothing will show up.

Like, in the game options, enabling custom content, then restarting the game...? I've been doing that, but my tattoos, piercings, hair, and makeup still wont work, but my clothes do.
abc_ente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 01:45:23 pm »

If you've got "Freetime" , try first to start your game without any hack or mod. Especially the Inteenimator might stop you game. Are you sure all the meshes of your downloads are compatible with the new EP?
rottingfeminist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 06:05:37 pm »

Quote from: abc_ente;1191551
If you've got "Freetime" , try first to start your game without any hack or mod. Especially the Inteenimator might stop you game. Are you sure all the meshes of your downloads are compatible with the new EP?

Yeah!!! I just got Freetime and it's the one I'm playing on....my mods are all good, they're compatible and only require Sims 2 and Nightlife, which I have. It's weird because my mods all worked fine until I installed Freetime, then they were unclickable and not working.....

So what do I do? Relocate my downloads folder, play the game, and put the folder back in again?
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 08:18:20 am »

maybe you should try to transfer you cc in your saved sim folder?

Quote: the SavedSims folder is a sort of fix of last resort. I have used it myself many times when nothing else would make things appear in game.

Good Luck

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
abc_ente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 11:31:53 am »

Quote from: rottingfeminist;1191879
Yeah!!! I just got Freetime and it's the one I'm playing on....my mods are all good, they're compatible and only require Sims 2 and Nightlife, which I have. It's weird because my mods all worked fine until I installed Freetime, then they were unclickable and not working.....

So what do I do? Relocate my downloads folder, play the game, and put the folder back in again?

If all your downloads worked fine before installing Freetime I suppose there is a mesh, a hack or a mod that isn't compatible with the new EP. I' d try and put them all out of the game. If the game worked fine then, I'd know it's not the game  but my cc. Then I'd try to find out what it is. That's an annoying job, I know. But I'd put half the cc into to the game to see if it worked. If it worked fine, I'd know that part is o.k; if not I knew there was something wrong with it. And I'd take half of these cc, out of the game, see if it worked then and so on. So I'd get more and more less cc to test. And in the end I'd find out what stopped the game. If you want to try that dont't forget to mark the folders you split. I wish you good luck! And don't forget to test the hacks and mods, too. All the hacks and mods that worked fine for Nightlife don't automatically work for Freetime. Most of them have to be updatede.
rottingfeminist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 10:30:24 pm »

Quote from: Pierreandreply4;1192465
maybe you should try to transfer you cc in your saved sim folder?

Quote: the SavedSims folder is a sort of fix of last resort. I have used it myself many times when nothing else would make things appear in game.

Good Luck

OH MY GOODNESS!!! It works! Thank you so much Cheesy

Thank you also, abc_ente, for all your help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: