Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 03:44:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which EP Should I Get?  (Read 7320 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 03:32:06 pm »

You could always reduce the graphics, but again, you should remove it :angel:
irony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 07:55:01 am »

I have another concern about removing Uni. I was about to uninstall it last night, then it hit me that I might have downloaded objects that needs Uni's EP. I don't know if that will make my game crash, or if the objects will just not show anymore.

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 07:59:47 am »

I have the base game, University, Nightlife and Open For Business.

I don't play the University part, I go downtown once in a great big while, and I have as of yet, open any kind of business.

I just play the game like they were never there.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 03:59:35 pm »

irony, do you know alot of CC makes your game lag? you should check about the items, therefore, deleting the UNI required objects.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 04:11:36 pm »

There is that possibility it will happen if you uninstall it.  Personally, I only keep UNI installed for the sake of the musical instruments, both custom ones that rely on it and Maxis.  That, and the pool table and arcade games on my lots, not to mention the vanities I've fallen in love with.  (even though I'm constantly using the InSIMenator's temporal adjuster to change the looks of my sims... I just use the vanities for picture purposes and getting the "hands crossed" pose while my sims are sitting at a table.)  :angel:

It's your choice in the end what you want to do.  Glad you found the EPs that you were hoping for, and I hope whatever you decide to do with UNI works out for ya.

tanasha

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 10:12:10 pm »

I would definitely go for Seasons as a first choice and Free Time as a second.  Bon Voyage is only interesting if you have Freetime, as if you get a nature loving sim, or even game loving sim, there's lots to do whilst on holiday.  Otherwise, pre Free Time, I just found Bon Voyage lacked substance and I certainly didn't use it all that much.  Seasons is excellent as it adds weather and a few new and interesting careers, as does Free Time, which gives Sims a whole lot more to do than just gain knowledge points and advance their career.  They really are the best two EP's im my opinion.
irony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 10:34:11 am »

Thanks again for all the great feedback.
I managed to play last night for hours without lagging much, and I haven't uninstalled Uni. I don't think I will, because like Tenshii, I love certain things that Uni brings.
MoronStyle, I do have a LOT of CCs. And there are some that I don't use at all, I will have to use the clean installer and remove them. I didn't think of that.

Thanks!!

PS: I REALLY am enjoying Seasons and FT. Especially FT since it adds so much more to the game to do and makes it more interesting.

CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 12:20:52 pm »

I tend to agree with Tanasha. Recently I had to reformat my computer and I was unable to reinstall BV or FT (plus a myriad of my SP's) due to discs being damaged or missing. It's not the vacations or the hobbies that I miss (because my Sims didn't generally do a lot of vacationing or hobbying), but I find that my ability to download CC is heavily limited because of compatibility issues. Of course, that may be a good thing, since my old CC folder was so big it made my game load in 10-12 minutes, but still.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: