Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:10:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Irritating, Suicide-Inducing Music  (Read 9752 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
veggiespork

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2008, 02:19:03 pm »

Isn't the music for Bon Voyage obnoxious?Huh? I mute it when the game is loading because it's so repetitive and just ear-hurting. :smt120 The music for the Sims 2 in general is pretty annoying to me. Does anyone else like the music for the Sims 1 better? In fact, I installed all of the Sims 1 music into the Sims 2 because I like it better. The Sims 2 music is too computerized and weird for me. I like the piano elevator music better. It's kind of pretty...:rabbit:

:rr: he looks like a mushroom :d mushrooms....

Join the ANIMAL ARMY and support the Paw of Justice!
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 06:07:48 pm »

Agreed, the Sims2 music is horrid. All of it is either based off of music I don't like, which they make worse, or it's their own creation, which also sucks.

To be honest I thought of my favorite song when I read the thread's title.. LOL!

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:25:07 pm »

I don't think that all of the music is bad... but it does get annoying at times.  (Don't have BV, but from the way its music is being described here, my ears might be thanking you.  :laugh:)   I went so far as to extract the mp3's from Sims1 and place them in my music folder.  :lol:  The only tracks from Sims 2 I like are the Jazz tracks on the respective station.  That, and "Arch of the Sims" can be pretty addictive at times.  Other than that, music is pretty much turned down low in my game.  :lol:

AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 07:24:44 am »

Lol, I turned music off as soon as I played the game for the first time. I even forgot it was there, until ACR caused a reset. When I heard the music, I turned my speakers off. xD
Seriously, I always just have my radio on, and ignore the existence of the music from the game. ^^

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 11:28:37 am »

I hate almost all the songs, I like some of the jazz ones but that's it, I have about 3 gigs of my own music in game. However my kids love the music and want me to make them a cd with some of the songs on there. I told them there's no way to do it. Sue me but I couldn't bear to listen to it all day.
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 08:42:50 pm »

I have Bon Voyage & I mute it every time & when I forget to I have to scream my head off because it breaks my ears.

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 07:02:46 am »

I don't like the music, the background noises, or the "simlish" speak. I've turned my audio OFF..permanently. I don't need to hear any more bad music..I hear enough at work, thank you!

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 09:11:20 am »

to be honest I played both Sims 1 and Sims 2 with all the musice turned off or with sound totally disabled because I hate all the Maxis music.  For me, the worst was that zydeco crap that added in Unleashed.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 08:46:01 am »

The generic,elevator type music that came with the Sims 1 was slightly more tolerable,but the music that annoys me most in the Sims 2 has got to be the latin music station!(LOL,I am even part Mexican)My Simmies just turn on their stereos and dance the night away,the problem is,that headache inducing,salsa s&@! is the very first station,so even when I enter my solemn,gothic homes,it sounds like a freakin' pool party! Oh,and don't get me started on the oldies station.........:smt106

Lover of lederhosen
RebeccaJeanine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 09:28:37 pm »

As far as I understand (I know this discussion's about BonVoyage and all..), doesn't FreeTime come with the option to play your own music??  The reason I am asking this is...to whoever HAS FreeTime...has ANYone been able to get that option to work at all??? Sad  I tried to get it to work myself, with absolutely NO luck ;(...can someone maybe give me some advice on that one, if possible?  that would be SOOOOO kewl!!!! :)Thanx everyone for all your help Smiley!!!!  Have a good Spring Break to all that are on it this week...lucky ME...I have 4 kids (2 boys, 2 girls)...my girls are in homeschool (by choice) and my boys are in regular public school (Elementary and HighSchool)..and the boys had SB last week and the girls...this week....EEEEK, LOL!!!!  Smiley

:barney: To Luv.....is to know.....:love4:
jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 10:18:33 pm »

That option has been available since the main game. In the es folder in your doucments there should be a music folder and inside that folder are the station folders. That's where you add your music. After I do that I have to go in game and in sound options deselcet all of the EAxis songs. After doing all of that you can choose your own radio stations. I did mind fine.
I think ther is a more detailed tut on MTS2. Go to game play help. And if it's simple I can try to walk you through it.

Quote from: RebeccaJeanine;1189366
As far as I understand (I know this discussion's about BonVoyage and all..), doesn't FreeTime come with the option to play your own music??  The reason I am asking this is...to whoever HAS FreeTime...has ANYone been able to get that option to work at all??? Sad  I tried to get it to work myself, with absolutely NO luck ;(...can someone maybe give me some advice on that one, if possible?  that would be SOOOOO kewl!!!! :)Thanx everyone for all your help Smiley!!!!  Have a good Spring Break to all that are on it this week...lucky ME...I have 4 kids (2 boys, 2 girls)...my girls are in homeschool (by choice) and my boys are in regular public school (Elementary and HighSchool)..and the boys had SB last week and the girls...this week....EEEEK, LOL!!!!  Smiley
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 03:13:47 am »

I usually just mute the game music.  Its way annoying.. the sim talk and sound effect and background noise dont really bother me... but the music isnt really adding anything to the game. Plus i usually watch tv while i play, or follow a show by listening to it, otherwise i get bored. And you cant really pay attention to your shows when the cheesy music is blaring.
winterglow

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 07:33:29 am »

I like only the music from seasons repertoire and the music from the title screen with celebration
all the music in the game is horrible

Koji Tamaki \(^o^)/
Yong Yun Bae  \(*O*)/
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 12:00:58 pm »

I used to play iTunes when Sims2 was running, and I would mute the game. One of the songs on iTunes caused my computer to crash constantly, so Youtube's music works fine for me. Hopefully I'll get iTunes back soon, but for now I don't want to take the chance.. *shudder*

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
kitty89

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 12:23:56 pm »

I love Simlish and the sounds fx are quite nice... The music is bad though! There are few songs that sound okay but most of them are so annoying! I end up disabling 70% of them.

I poped my Sims 1 game into the computer rencently, and I didn't remember how much better the music is in it. Like the building music is very relaxing and the buying music sounds a bit like elevator music (XD) but I find it all happy and nice. Tongue I looooooove Magic Town's music. <3

Anyways, you know the Sims 3 in the Sims' pc on Freetime? It has the Sims 1 music in it! I wonder if they will bring that music style back?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: