Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 06:42:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: is anyone finding MTS2 unusable?  (Read 5917 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
carlymichelle

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2008, 05:29:42 am »

its going  extremly slow for me and i cant get into anything
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 01:44:46 pm »

I think you just have to be patient. I have a fast connection and it can be quite maddening at times. If it is so slow for me I can imagine how frustrating it is for those with dial up. Credit MTS2 with being one of the most popular Sites around. If we want its content then we just have to take a number and wait patiently in line.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
yero69

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 06:48:33 am »

yep it was great but everytime you turn around they are doing something to impove the site and in the end it goes even slower

Never close a door until you walk through it
Simmer8

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 07:47:06 am »

Yea, for me too and i hate how they change the catalog to the old style!
lisa-bee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 11:45:34 am »

I would agree. I have a fast connection and half the stuff I download I have to redownload a few times because it is corrupt. the site goes way to slow, and I liked how they had the catalog set up with a page full of items instaed of top to bottom.

I can't really complain though. the site offers great stuff and it is all free.

Lisa

Patience is a virtue I have yet to learn!
HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 04:18:23 pm »

I'm a cheapskate so I still have dialup internet(LOL)but yeah,I have found MTS2 a frustrating mess as of late,I also can't find anything,and it seems like everything I try to download there is an "unexpected end of archive" or the files read as corrupt,I cringe when they go into maintence mode,because things usually get worse:smt120

Lover of lederhosen
maniac19642003
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 06:04:21 pm »

I was just over mts2 about an hour ago and it didn't seem like it had any problems at the time for me, of course I'm on broadband now instead of that old ugly dial-up I had for several years.
dlockett61

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 06:20:23 pm »

Quite a few of the houses I downloaded there crashed my game.
maniac19642003
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 02:17:15 pm »

posted on mts2:

http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=279352

Today, 02:14 PM

Hi All,

It appears one of the main www servers (hideki) had a drive failure today and is thus non-operational.

I have requested a new drive to be put in the machine and it be reloaded. No data will be lost, since it's just a www server anyway.

However, any links directly to hideki.modthesims2.com will not work. I have removed hideki from the main www and forums pools, but it may take up to 24 hours for the DNS to fully propogate. So you might see blank pages / server timeouts / site cannot be found issues for a few days.

This will mean that the existing www servers will be overloaded, and thus a lot slower than usual. Please be patient

I will update this thread with more information when I get it - usually the hosting company are fairly quick with building machines, so hopefully everything will be sorted out by the end of the week.

Regards
Delphy
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 03:26:47 pm »

well, it's usually the slowness of MTS2 that is bothering me. today it was extreme, and those "page cannot be found" messages came a lot. but I guess it's because my net is slow, and because of the above-mentioned message ^

usually downloading from the site is really slow, and usually only one downloading at a time is possible, or the "server is slow" (or whatever it says) message shows up.

the normal downloading is also often corrupted, so I often have to use the Q-download for it to work. that usually works, though.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 04:19:45 pm »

I have DSL also and usually it's very slow for me if I try to view pictures. I click on a thumbnail and it sometimes takes 5 minutes to view it. I'm like jeez o it takes longer to view a tiny picture then it does to download 10 files. I feel like I'm on an old 2400 baud modem. Back in the late 70's/early 80's when it would take us an hour to download a meg. I have no complaints about the actual downloads or downloading speeds. Those are usally quicker than most sites. I have lost a few downloads, but nothing to get angry about, it hasn't happened often. But clicking on Thumbnails has always been messed up for me, doesn't matter if I go in with Temporary files completely cleaned or full. The price we pay for visiting a popular site.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 10:59:27 pm »

I, too, have noticed a noticeable slow-down on the site-but I did credit it with a computer or server breakdown..this happens more often than not with a popular site, and shouldn't be surprising to anyone when it does happen. This site has hundreds of thousands of page hits a day, and sometimes the servers do get over-whelmed, and they do break.
I have fiber optic (the fastest thing going) and it is slow for me, but I'm a patient person.
I remember "the good old days" of dial-up at 56 k a second. That was fast back then, and now it is tortoise slow; also when we had the old style baud rates. You wouldn't believe how long it would have taken a download from this kind of site back then. Graphics alone would have crashed your system and you would have spent months doing it.
So stop complaining and enjoy the pitfalls of modern technology. It used to be far slower!

charmany

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 11:40:18 pm »

i have always used mts and i really havent had any problems,i have broadband 15 gigs a month and when that runs out,usually in the second week of the month i have dialup and then i only download small things till i get broadband back again...

Roses are red,Violets are blue, I am perfect, How about you...
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 08:29:16 am »

I hardly ever use that site at all anymore, i find it too difficult to navigate and i find that its too slow and i can never download anything because it always comes up with an error saying 'please download later' and after 50 tries of 'F5' i gave up! I have 8mb broadband and i find that MTS2 is too slow for me and anyway i prefer this site, so i just use InSim!

Char
xxx

britroseusa

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 12:17:22 pm »

I agree with Charlotte  it is horrible how slow it is.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: