Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 10:50:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Package files ?  (Read 2188 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sarahkratos

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2008, 01:45:36 pm »

Hi,
I have noticed that in my Folder C>(myPcName>Documents>EA Games>Sims2 , odd files keep appearing... such as:-

Accessory.cache
cigen.package
Groups.cache
Content Registry

And over time more seem to appear in here...when I add extra downloaded files from the internet, meshes, clothes , skins etc.

I have noticed these 4 as I am doing a Full Re-install...so have been watching what files are going where after a "corrupted" file corrupted my Sims 2 game. I suspect it had something to do with "Bodyshop" as that was the last thing I was doing before closing game.
Upon reboot game refused to load, and all I had was RED X in a box, no other explanation.

Tried asking EA for help but got nowhere, decided to reinstall... just wondering, if anyone else knows or has these files in their folder?...and if so are they needed or can they be safely deleted.

Thanks in advance..

FYI I have all original SIMS 2 games and Expansion packs. So you know what files I am likely to have or supposed to have.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 04:01:50 pm »

Those files are supposed to be there. Yes, many times they do become corrupt. When that happens you can simply delete them and the game will regenerate them the next time you load the game and/or bodyshop.

As for your game, try deleting groups cache and cigen and accessories. Then see if your game will load. Cigen is related to bodyshop so don't be surprised if it doesn't reappear until you load bodyshop.

If this doesn't help, then try deleting the files in your thumbnail folder (not the folder, just the files). These files also become corrupt and the game will regenerated them. If none of these suggestions work, post again and we will see what else you can do. Good luck!

sarahkratos

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 04:40:44 pm »

Thank you so very much for your help.Game working well and bodyshop for now thanks again.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 10:33:05 pm »

You're welcome. I am glad it worked out for you. I have to delete these files alot in my game. It is the first thing I try if my game doesn't want to load or cooperate and it usually does the trick.

Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 04:02:45 pm »

i was just readin this post and i was wondering what exactly is the thumbnail folder for ? i have deleted the group cache and the accessory one but never the thumbnail or content registry...just wondering what they are for...and if i should delete them...

BEV
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 08:01:36 pm »

Gosh Bev I am not sure, LOL. I think the Thumbnails files contain the little pictures (thumbnails) that appear in Buy, Build, CAS etc and this folder seems to group them together in their proper category. Not sure if I am correct but I just know they often can become corrupt. I have never deleted the content registry file though and have no clue if it is safe to delete that.

Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 08:28:10 pm »

thanks trl for replying....

BEV
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: