Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 12:00:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re Full body Alpha's and UVs  (Read 2993 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2008, 09:37:28 pm »

I was wondering about full body alpha mesh UV's. I am finished with my mesh (made/added all the parts), and am trying to make the body UV and alpha skirt UV 'seamless', but am not sure if that is possible. What I mean by 'seamless' is havign the skirt UV aling perfect to the body top UV. I did my previous alpha meshes with afbodyslip and while I did change the skirt, I was able to match the UVs perfectly so it was easy to for the mesh to be recolored. I am having a hard time trying to adjust the UVs on the skirt so it will look good with clothes on this full body... I am not touching the body UVs so if one wanted they could delete the skirt/sleeves and just have the body with all the shoes. Is it even possible to have this with a full body? I made the skirt from an maxis skirt, added many more verts (seriously, so many I had a hand cramp for 2 days) so it will be xhires (cuase I used an xhires body). I hope I explained my self well, I am very sorry if I didnt. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated Smiley
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 07:40:42 pm by MixdCrysy » Logged

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 09:47:41 pm »

well, the best way to make a alpha is to copy the body and make a skirt, pants or top out of it.
That way you have all necesarry verts/faces in line , they have the same boneassignements and the uvmap is identical as the body so all joins will be seamless when it comes to texturing.
Really , try to make your next one like that Wink

Now, to fix the seam on your uvmap.
Delete the alphaskirt and save the body as a m3d file.
Open that file with lithunwrap and save its uvmap.
Open your mesh again with milkshape and assigne the earlier extracted body uvmap as material to the alphaskirt.
You can now fix the seam very easily.
Good Luck Smiley
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 09:50:17 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 07:28:20 pm »

Wow, BlooM, I swear I have never thought of that Smiley I think it might be difficult for me to make a skirt from the lower body... pants maybe. I might actually redo the skirt anyway, I have reassigned it and still am not happy with the how it animates. I do that alot though, I am never satisfied. I was going to make alpha pants as well but got scared about the poly count (its at 15000) already with the Xhires body & feet and am not sure about what the limit would be with that.

Thank you BlooM, for your help here and with how to add different shoes (I have 3 not including your feet) for this FG alpha. I really couldnt do half the things I did here with out all your help Smiley

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 08:56:34 pm »

The multi's i did were arround 10.000 polygons for the heaviest outfit.
The total ammount of all the parts together in milkshape was arround 16.000.

My first alpha(alphablouse from the transproject) were also 2 diffrent meshes.
The nude 34ddn body and the maxis blouse and took me ages to get it right.
Not only because of the shoulder part but also cos the boneassignements were diffrent.
The 2nd one was the pants and altho it had almost the same shape and ammount of faces as the bottom alot of faces were build in a opposite direction, again resulting in clipping.

You can copy the body and use the middle part of one of my skirts to make a alphaskirt complete.
The trick(might have discovered it already) to fix the clipping of the thighs is to assigne the boneassignements of the inside of the leg to the opposite leg.

I dont want to discourage you but the XHI has terrible boneassignements, Warlokk used divide edges alot but didn't fix the bones inbetween.
Its alot harder to let it all animate correct and one of the reasons i dont make meshes with it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:07:58 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 09:09:46 pm »

Oh, then I might try do the alpha pants. I was very worried about all the parts together, but forgot that they wont be used all at the same time. I was also thinking about putting some more shoes with it too (I do love shoes, he he). GP's Slingbacks would look very nice with pants... Thanks agian BlooM Cheesy

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 09:44:15 pm »

your welcome sweety Smiley
good luck Wink

Edit,
Mix? I dont have problems if you run one of my default alphapants through Poser.
Should work i think when doing the body and pants seperate.
Theres is also the default alphaskirt wich you could use with Poser.
Would save you alot of work. Wink
Just delete all the inside faces(ez, cos there grouped seperate) regroup the skirt or pants to one, make a objx file and run the obj file trhough Poser
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:50:35 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 09:48:04 am »

He he,  I wish I would have checked back here sooner Smiley ( I am always editing my posts too cuase I always remeber something important later Cheesy) I actually tried to make a skirt from the lower body, and it worked great! It did take me many hours to get it right (the UV's were making my head ache), but alot easier than reassigning a whole skirt mesh. I even tried to make the pants from the body (wow, alot harder than I thought it would be), so I used the maxis bottom from the (wide leg pants) and reassigned it. I will have to add more verts to the butt, but it is animating rather well Smiley Thank you for the offer to use your alpha pants!! I might have to take you up on that, if I cant get the butt to animate right Cheesy

BlooM, I so do not want to do morphs on this mesh... it just has so many peices that I would have to make & match. I started this mesh once War released the FG, and I am still not done. Wish me luck!!

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 09:33:53 pm »

yup, now you know why i dont include the morphs, by the time you finished you really dont want to start over with doing them also......

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: