Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 06:20:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CC Jewery Flashing Blue  (Read 2607 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
blondecrystal

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2008, 10:45:45 am »

My problem is when i put cc jewlery on my sims its fine untill i leave the lot when i return the jewlery is flashing blue at first i thought it might be a missing mesh problem but once i get them to change appearance in the mirror its back to normal again so it is'nt a missing mesh. Be grateful for any help or advice.
 Here is a picture of what i mean.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:55:02 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 01:02:47 pm »

Um I have had this problem suddenly after one EP installation. Try maybe to download a new version of the Dr Pixel mesh (I don't know its name it's the basic mesh for jewelry). Smiley
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 01:15:50 pm »

Quote from: Mihura;1187291
Um I have had this problem suddenly after one EP installation. Try maybe to download a new version of the Dr Pixel mesh (I don't know its name it's the basic mesh for jewelry). Smiley

Which EP did you install to start getting this problem?
I have all EPs and All Stuff packs.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 01:32:32 pm »

It was not Bon Voyage or Free Time but before, a desperately waited EP... Maybe Seasons. Wink
Have you been on the Blarney Stone to download a new accessory mesh ?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 01:42:01 pm »

It's a glitch with the mesh. If redownloading it doesn't fix it and you can live with doing this every time it happens, just click "change appearance" on a mirror and exit out without actually changing anything  and it should be fine.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 02:01:46 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;1187342
It's a glitch with the mesh. If redownloading it doesn't fix it and you can live with doing this every time it happens, just click "change appearance" on a mirror and exit out without actually changing anything  and it should be fine.

Yes your right i have just re-down-loaded the the mesh from Dr Pixels site (The Blarney Stone) It's the same as the one i have. It looks as if we will have to live with the glitch. Thank you both. Happy Simming!
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 09:52:28 am »

If you have the Insimenator you can too change the appearance with it. It's fast and useful in case of pictures. Wink
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 08:42:53 pm »

wasn't it PETS that gave us this problem about flashing accessories? since I installed that game, every time I put accessories on them, they flash blue the first time I enter the lot. it corrects if you click on a mirror, and click the V as long as it shows up fine in the window.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 08:59:05 pm »

All those accesoires are based on the glasses.
Glasses have 3 meshgroups mostly, rims, lenses and the frame.
Alot creators only used 1 or 2 meshgroups to make necklesses and such and didn't delete the links to the other meshgroups that they didn't use in the mesh overlay.

When a custom outfit has either a mesh or texture missing it reverts back to the subsitute outfit and mesh that maxis provided, you all have seen that.
For accesoires there is no substitute so the game will keep looking for that subset(meshgroup) that creators forgot to delete in the propertyset or meshoverlay resulting in the blue flashing of the accesoire.
There are 2 fixes for it:
*Delete the links to the subsets that haven't been used in the recolor.
Unfortunate this is undoable as there are already many copy's(recolors) been done so you have to fix all of those.
Or, if you understand Simpe i can write a small tut on how to fix it yourself.
*bring back the original subset in the gmdc of the meshpackage
So, you have to ask the creator of the mesh if he/she is willing to update the mesh with a Placeholder(simple snapped face) so that the recolor can find the subset were it was original linked to.

Sometimes these issues can be fixed with the mirror, take of the accesoire, put it back on and save the game.
If this doesn't fix it you might want to try the following.
* take the accesoire off at the mirror.
*save the game and exit.
*delete the accesory.cache in your sims2 directory
*startup the game, put on the accesoire and save again.

There are a few other causes for the blue flashing accesoires also tho....
The accesoire.cache doesn't update the files like the groups.cache does when the game starts.
So if a creator updates his mesh and you put that one back in the game you also will get a blue flashing accesoire.
The mirror will fix this if im correct.

and like Raven said, Pets EP
this was caused by the material settings if im correct(i think Marvine wrote it down somewhere, or made a fix?)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 09:26:07 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: