Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 12:16:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing downladed sims in TSLS?  (Read 4043 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
biarritz

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2008, 03:09:22 pm »

Hi,

How do I put a downloaded Sims 2 sim into the Sims Life Stories? I've read on the FAQ that I have to "extract the sim with the Sims2Pack Clean Installer" but I have downloaded and installed it and, well, I don't know how to extract sims with it.
Please help!
energizer_bunny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 07:20:26 pm »

dunno if someone has helped you, or if you figured it out yet or not, but if not...All you have to do is, there is a selection box in the top right corner, select the folder you want to extract and hit install. it does the rest for you

Love is always worth losing everything. :ot:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 07:30:45 pm »

Biarritz - first go to this thread: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=64570

download the Life Stories bonus items and install them - this will create a downloads folder after the next run of the game.

The downloads folder will be located in your documents folder:

~(My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Life Stories\Downloads

Now use SIms2Pack Clean Installer to extract (Install) the downloaded sims to a custom location and browse to the LS downloads folder and install

DO NOT use the "Downloads" default location!  This is The Sims 2 Downloads NOT The Sims Life Stories Downloads!

remember to enable custom content! exit the game, then start the game again and leave custom content enabled - then your downloaded sims will appear in the sim bin (Castaway Stories does not have a Sim Bin)

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
gali

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 09:50:50 pm »

If the CC is packaged (lots, sims), follow the instruction of Marvine.

All the rest files (clothes, hair, etc) have to be copy->pasted into the Dowloads folder of SLS, in a sub-folder (named Clothing, Makeup, Hair, etc).

1) Extract (double-click on the zipped file, choose "extract"), and if you have Winzip, or Winrar - it will be extracted in the same place you have it.

2) Open the extracted folder, copy the files inside (highlight the file with right-click, choose "copy").

3) Enter My Documents/Electronic Arts/SLS/Downloads/[sub-folder], and paste the copied file.

4) After you finish to paste the CC files - restart computer.

Note: SLS is very sensitive to custom content, and if you see that the game doesn't upload - it doesn't accept the CC you pasted. Therefore, you have to check each CC, if it doesn't cause uploading prioblems. Usually, download CC that demands only TS2 base game installation.
sahmormakmom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 09:57:30 pm »

I find a good rule of thumb is don't download any cc beyond nightlife.  I'm even using the insim 2.4 in my simstories life, pets, and castaway.  Later items have downloaded successfully but are extremely out of place and give the game lag time.
Hope this helps
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: