Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 07:32:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Trails problem and some glitchy stuff  (Read 4570 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sackedmagicman
Derezzed

View Profile WWW
« on: March 28, 2008, 12:48:00 pm »

I have a bit of a weird problem. Whenever I move items around or cursors and such it leaves trails of parts of itself in spots and flickers. As soon as i adjust the camera it stops, but it is rather annoying. The picture can easily explain what I'm talking about.

also in CAS it'll take a quarter of a sim's picture and put it in all 4 corners of the picture only giving you a quarter of their face. The same thing happens with clothing in that it'll take a quarter but only fill up half of the image it's supposed to show and sometimes it even plasters that messed up image over other clothing and pre-loaded sims that i've downloaded. (I don't have a picture of that yet but I will get one real soon).

notice how the picture of his face is messed up on the sidebar. It does that for all my sims in cas.

It happened sometime after I installed BV, so I'm not really sure what to do in this case to correct it. :\

if anyone knows how to fix this, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 02:33:04 pm »

A Bon Voyage effect ? It's strange. You have maybe download one other file who conflicts. But arf, it's the first time I see that. Wink
Try to play without your downloads to be sure there isn't a problem from them. Smiley
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 09:04:14 am »

Are all of your graphics drivers for your video card up to date?  And did you install the newest DirectX 9.0c?  

Also, did you take precaution an remove/update any hacks or objects you may have before installing BV?  I'm not sure if it would've made a difference, but it's a thought.  :dontknow:  This could be a result of one of your game files corrupting during the installation process... :scratch:

sackedmagicman
Derezzed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 11:48:11 am »

hmm its not my custom content because i've taken that all out and deleted it all. Im not sure how to update my video card drivers xP. Good thing is the first pic, it doesnt do that trail glitch anymore. It still does the picture and clothing pic thing still, which is kind of a pain when i can't tell what the heck they are xD. So yeah no hacks, mods, nothin installed. And i've uninstalled and reinstalled the game about 3 times. soooo...if it's an installation error how can i fix it?

EDIT: The only theory i may have on this is that when I patched BV with the official patch, it told it me it was a good idea to have the BV game disc in with when it patched, so I don't actually know if the patch overwrote something in the BV disc that makes it do this. That's just my theory though.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 05:14:40 pm by sackedmagicman » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 11:05:23 am »

Try deleting your .thumbnails folder. Sometimes it gets corrupted and is safe to delete, since the game recreates it when you restart the game. The groups.cache, memory.cache  and cigen.package files work the same way. Every so often it's a good idea to delete them and let the game generate new ones.  Smiley You'll find them in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
sackedmagicman
Derezzed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 11:18:49 am »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;1299046
Try deleting your .thumbnails folder. Sometimes it gets corrupted and is safe to delete, since the game recreates it when you restart the game. The groups.cache, memory.cache  and cigen.package files work the same way. Every so often it's a good idea to delete them and let the game generate new ones.  Smiley You'll find them in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2

Hmm i have a Thumbnails folder and groups.cache, but i have no memory.cache or cigen.package. The only other cache i have is Accessory.cache...so I did delete them, but not permanently from my recycling bin. I just want to know if it's good if I deleted just the folder and groups.cache.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 11:31:51 am »

I think Joy's caffeine level isn't up to the correct level yet for normal operating...she probably meant accessory.cache rather than memory.cache.

It is perfectly save to delete the .cache and .thumbnail files.  The game will regenerate them when it start up again.

You never mention your computer and video specs or the EPs you have.  The graphic artifacts left when placing an object indicate there may be too many demands on the graphics and the video display can't keep up with them all.
sackedmagicman
Derezzed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 11:43:14 am »

ok uh here's my pc specs

- Dell XPS 600
- DVD/CD drives
- Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz
- 2046MB RAM
- Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A04
- DirectX 9.0c
- NVIDIA GeForce 6800 graphic card
- SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio sound card
- Samsung SyncMaster 930B 19" monitor
- I use a 1280 x 1024 resolution
- I have all EPs. And all stuff packs so far except Teen Style, IKEA stuff, or Holiday Stuff.

So does that information help you at all?

EDIT: When I installed the monitor to my pc I accidentally installed it in analog rather than digital. Don't know if that makes any difference, because the problem didnt happen until way after I installed the monitor due to me having to replace my Hard Drive because the old one got corrupted.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:04:34 pm by sackedmagicman » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 11:52:41 am »

*facepalm* I did mean accesory.cache and, no, I haven't had nearly enough coffee yet. I woke up this morning and hit the ground running...busier than heck here. So, my bad. Must go amend the situation and get more coffee.

sackedmagicman
Derezzed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 12:02:19 pm »

Well i did delete those, but it still did all that glitchy stuff again. So any other ideas? Oh and it's started to do trails again like the first pic i posted.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:04:49 pm by sackedmagicman » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 12:47:51 pm »

I think then, the best suggestion I can come up with is to try updating your video drivers. If you're not tech savvy enough to do it, perhaps you can ask around your friends/family and find someone who can do it for you.

sackedmagicman
Derezzed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 01:19:41 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;1299152
I think then, the best suggestion I can come up with is to try updating your video drivers. If you're not tech savvy enough to do it, perhaps you can ask around your friends/family and find someone who can do it for you.

Mmk i'll try that. I hope that's all it is >.<
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 01:25:43 pm »

Your system does meet or exceed the EA recommended specs for FT.  

If you've ever replaced your video card, make sure the old drivers are completely off of your computer.

In the past with many people have had better luck with older drivers rather than the most up to date driver.  Just try playing around with the different drivers for your card to see if you can find the one that works best for you.
sackedmagicman
Derezzed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 01:33:17 pm »

Eh!? it doesnt meet it? O_o I've only had it for 2 years D:

But either way it should still be above the minimum requirements FOR SURE.

EDIT: Oh and that messed up face thing. It only does that on some of my sims. Sometimes it won't even do it...depending on what i choose to put on them. Eg if its shown up in the cas as cut off or something or it does that 4 corner thing, then their pic will be messed up like that too. If say the hairstyle or clothing are both normal lookin in CAS with no messed up pic of it then the sims pic won't get messed up either. It's a little weird thing i noticed.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 01:42:58 pm by sackedmagicman » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 02:09:58 pm »

Ah ha...Are the sims it's doing that with wearing custom clothes or maxis? And anceint said your system does meet the requirement, not that it doesn't Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: