Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:56:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen stuck helping with age trans.  (Read 1647 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mhbuck21

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2008, 01:56:22 pm »

Hi, If anybody can help I'll be very grateful!

I'm getting tired of this. Every time I have a baby turning toddler, it seems to draw the teens in the house, even if they're not siblings, and not so much the adults (parents of the baby). Yesterday, it happened again (with the Grunt family), but mom was called as well as the teen, so I went and cancelled the teen to let the mom hold the baby. But the teen was stuck in front of the crib, and would not budge for anything.

I waited to see whether it would snap out on its own. The baby would still be drawing people near, even the stuck teen, but nothing would help. I waited for the need bars of the teen to get red (all of them), still nothing. Finally I decided to quit and enter again, but forgot not to save. So I ended up going into Uni panel and get the teen out of the lot that way. I still don't know what will happen when I go back into the lot.

Sorry for the long tale, I'm just so puzzled by it, don't know why it keeps happening.
TIA
Mari:sad3:
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 08:04:41 pm »

hmm... at least that first problem is easy to sort out. if you're using a birthday cake, everyone is drawn towards it because they thinks it's a birthday party going on. that includes guests and unselectable sims. it might also happen when they grow up without a cake, but I always use the cake or the InSim, so I'm not sure about that.

if sims get stuck, I usually shift-click on them ot force an error. I click on reset, and then they are usually ok againand starts moving. I've got a hack in my game that enables this, though (it's called SeeThem 2.3 and it enables four different codes that are in the game - the testingcheat code that you can use to force errors, 45 degree rotation, it can also remove the censor blur and it can also enable the snapobjects code, but I never use that, since it messes up if I want to build on the house.)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 12:23:57 pm »

I rarely use the cake, unless the trans. is taking too long. But when the baby is ready to grow it seems to call mainly teen siblings. The whole house might be sleeping and the only one that gets up without fail is the teen (or teens). I have to keep an eye out for this cause they can't get any sleep until the baby changes to toddler.

As for the stuck sim, I'll try that next time and see what happens. Where did you get the hack? I'll try installing that as well.

Thanks for your help! :happy8:
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 11:37:47 pm »

With the teen out of the lot, next in line was Genera Buzz (sim dad) who got stuck as well. Left the lot and reentered, the mom got stuck.
Left it again, and came back, and tried to get the mom to hold the baby without the 'help with birthday' call, but she got stuck again.

Sooooo... I moved them out of the lot completely and back again. With mom holding the baby, got them a cake right there by the sidewalk and forced the trans. That seems to have fixed what was wrong, but still don't know what that was. Played for 4 sim days straight, no problems yet: baby is now a child.

I'll be back if it happens again.:boohoo:
Mari
abc_ente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 11:51:23 am »

That's justa bug in the game. You might get a fix by twojeffs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: