Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:36:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: In Testing:Hire family members for your shop v1.3 new version available(4/14/06)  (Read 87624 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
ladybug_72653

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 03:13:46 pm »

I have a problem with this Mod. I can hire a family member just fine, but there isn't any option to assign them to do anything. If I can't assign them to do a job I can't really see a point to hiring a family member. I am not doing something right???

LadyBug
PS I love all your mods by the way, have several and all the others work just fine for me. Thank for making them.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 03:32:28 pm »

Quote from: ladybug_72653
I have a problem with this Mod. I can hire a family member just fine, but there isn't any option to assign them to do anything. If I can't assign them to do a job I can't really see a point to hiring a family member. I am not doing something right???

LadyBug
PS I love all your mods by the way, have several and all the others work just fine for me. Thank for making them.
Thank you for bringing that to my attention it is now fixed.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 06:55:35 pm by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Grannysims

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 06:31:56 pm »

Super.....thank you :-)))
sandshifter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 10:23:24 pm »

Squinge . . . thanks for the reply, and yes, I was using the Owner and choosing other family members trying to hire them and I even downloaded your latest version of the mod, however, after trying every possible combination of players and businesses, I still DO NOT get the option to "Hire" with any of my crews.

I also don't get any option to make anyone Manager (also using that mod too). So, I must be doing something terribly wrong, but no clue to what that might be.

sandshifter

Make your own Paradise . . .
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 10:52:15 pm »

Quote from: sandshifter
Squinge . . . thanks for the reply, and yes, I was using the Owner and choosing other family members trying to hire them and I even downloaded your latest version of the mod, however, after trying every possible combination of players and businesses, I still DO NOT get the option to "Hire" with any of my crews.

I also don't get any option to make anyone Manager (also using that mod too). So, I must be doing something terribly wrong, but no clue to what that might be.

sandshifter
So you can't hire anyone even non family?
also i just added a new file where family can be promoted to manager so delete the file anybodybemanager.package before installing if you plan on using the new file.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 10:59:40 pm by Squinge » Logged

Ailias

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2006, 02:25:14 am »

Off to test!!! Usable thing really! Family business goes on!

IcemanTO

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2006, 08:49:37 am »

Sorry to say that, because this could be a great hack.

Using your hack (both files installed, the old one manager deleted), I had big troubles.
No more ability, for all my employees, to:
1. Establish uniform.
2. Modify charge.
3. Pause his job.
4. Send home employee.
5. Fire employee.

Little Note:  I was able to hire non-family sims (in the shop as customers) only if best friends with owner. Otherwise they refuse always to be hired.

Then I removed your hacks, and all works fine as before (of course without the option to hire family member or friends).

Iceman

Lose a friend is like lose a piece of myself. I'll remember forever Mary "Miss Ozzucay" .
...and... a tought for CodiJo, pleasant girl too young to pass away. R.I.P.
ladybug_72653

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2006, 09:39:45 am »

Quote from: IcemanTO

Using your hack (both files installed, the old one manager deleted), I had big troubles.
1. Establish uniform.
2. Modify charge.
3. Pause his job.
4. Send home employee.
5. Fire employee.

Little Note:  I was able to hire non-family sims (in the shop as customers) only if best friends with owner. Otherwise they refuse always to be hired.

Then I removed your hacks, and all works fine as before (of course without the option to hire family member or friends).

Iceman

This is what happened to me also.
LadyBUg
sandshifter

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2006, 10:08:45 am »

Squinge . . .

Yes, I can still hire employees, the standard way . . . you know the 5 weird choices they give you . . .

however, your mod does not work, neither does the makeanyonemanager.

After more checking, I have discovered that NONE of your mods are working for me . . . I took out all my other mods and just left yours in the game and they still do not work.

I thank you for all your work and effort, but guess I will just give up on them and move on . . . I have spent most of 2 days now and they just don't work.

sandshifter
:error: :error:

Make your own Paradise . . .
lannawnaw

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2006, 01:51:51 pm »

As always, great job! Thank you for all your hard work and great mods..am downloading now and will try..
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2006, 07:05:30 pm »

Quote from: IcemanTO

1. Establish uniform.
2. Modify charge.
3. Pause his job.
4. Send home employee.
5. Fire employee.

Little Note: I was able to hire non-family sims (in the shop as customers) only if best friends with owner. Otherwise they refuse always to be hired.

Iceman
Ok i will have to double check all the code & for now title this as in testing until all is well.

Ailias

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2006, 04:01:57 am »

I have discovered that NONE of your mods are working for me . . . I took out all my other mods and just left yours in the game and they still do not work.
====================
Custom Content Enabled at start up?

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2006, 05:57:10 am »

Quote from: Ailias
I have discovered that NONE of your mods are working for me . . . I took out all my other mods and just left yours in the game and they still do not work.
====================
Custom Content Enabled at start up?
Good question i never thought of asking that.

shezoe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2006, 09:06:41 am »

Quote from: sandshifter

sandshifter

i'm having the same problem, n i'm SO bummed! This was one of the hacks i've been waiting n waiting for (along with a global that works like Liz's waterbed of love! but i've whined about that in other posts, so i'll save it-lol!)) it annoys me badly to have to micro manage family, n it seems insane to have to tell them to do sales on each and every person instead of just assigning them.  So squinge-you are MUCH appreciated for your hacks. i'm using many of them flawlessly.  thank you for going to the time n trouble to nullify some of the annoying stuff in this ep for all of us Smiley

edit: it's possible that i have another hack causing this for me, so it might not be anything to do with your hack. i've been trying to think what other ones i have that might be in conflict. can't think of anything off hand, but i figure i should go through them all to see if anything jumps out. At this point-i can't even remember what all i have in there. N this is all stuff ive added since ofb! it's  multitudes of annoyances have driven me to hack insanity :sad5:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 09:16:33 am by shezoe » Logged

"i've always felt life first, a story. If there is a story-there must be a story-teller"
~G.K. Chesterton~
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2006, 09:34:15 pm »

Quote from: shezoe
edit: it's possible that i have another hack causing this for me, so it might not be anything to do with your hack. i've been trying to think what other ones i have that might be in conflict. can't think of anything off hand, but i figure i should go through them all to see if anything jumps out. At this point-i can't even remember what all i have in there. N this is all stuff ive added since ofb! it's multitudes of annoyances have driven me to hack insanity :sad5:
This seems to work fine in my game but I will take a break from testing the birth gender preference and make this my new test right now & hopefully get it to work %100 for everyone.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: