Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 04:31:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SimPE and Virtual PC  (Read 2228 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
benharris
« on: March 31, 2008, 04:44:03 pm »

Hey everyone, I'm running Virtual PC with Windows 2000 on my OS X  and I'm trying to install SimPE. I've run this tutorial on installing SimPE with Virtual PC and it worked perfectly up to a point. I've done all of the steps noted in that tutorial, but when I run the system check in SimPE, that last check isn't working. Its saying it can't load up "objects" and that "the system can't open the file." It also says "the system can't open file" whenever I try to load a package file.

All I can think of is that it can't gather data from the Mac version of Sims 2 with a windows, but in that tutorial everything worked totally fine. The person who made it is using XP, could it be because I'm using Windows 2000? Anyhow, if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you! :smile:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 05:03:46 pm by benharris » Logged
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 08:03:46 am »

No I'm pretty sure it cannot read the data files from your using Virtual PC.  I've used VMWare and and I so far cannot access the OSX partition when in windows.  What you can do is copy the TSData files from the mac side to the pc side,then point simpe to those files.  You won't have the thumnails, but it should work.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: