Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 08:32:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem creating families and college households  (Read 2562 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
iamawake

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2008, 04:19:51 pm »

So, a couple days ago my game was an authentic glitch soup, freezing every 5 minutes into playing - I don't know why, it just became like that overnight, although I suspect that the problem was a corrupted Sim I extracted using SimPE.

Anyway, since none of the quick fixes for people with identical problems worked for me, I went to Sims2Wiki and did everything their Game Problem FAQ told me to, short of reinstalling. It fixed most of the weirdness, although I'm still not able to create a family or a college household via CAS or Create Students: sometimes, clicking on the Create a Sim button won't do anything (the mouse still turns but the game goes nowhere), other times it will let me build the family normally but then when I submit it and it is loading to the Family Bin the game gets stuck on the blue loading screen without going any further, although music is still playing and the mouse is still turning.

Keep in mind that this is a game without any custom content, as I removed it in the initial stages of my fishing for the problem, with brand new user data, and fully patched minus University (I have all the expansion packs and stuff packs up to Free Time). Any idea of what it might be? Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

In short:
- Game w/all expansion and stuff packs up to FT keeps freezing while creating families and college households
- Game is (almost) fully patched, free of custom content and has fresh new user data
- Player is banging her head on the wall

PS: You'll have to excuse my possibly terrible English; I'm not a native speaker and have been virtually out of practice for about two years now.
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 04:36:24 pm »

do you have any hacks/mods  in your game

Check my sims out!
iamawake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 05:13:02 pm »

Like I said, no custom content. No hacks, mods or anything that isn't The Sims 2 original. And new user data.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: