Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 02:29:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freetime picture problem  (Read 1270 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« on: April 01, 2008, 06:43:32 pm »

hey.

i have a major problem with C-button picture taking (and since it's my only problem with FT, it's also bugging me a lot).
every time I make the simmies paint pictures or use the new drawing table, the c-button pictures I take after that are corrupted. they turn grey, and looks like they've been tweeked with photoshop (only the pictures from then on, not the ones I took before making them paint). today I noticed that this also happened to the pictures they drew. all custom paintings (including the ones that followed pets and FT) turned grey ingame, even though most of then showed up normal.

this started happening already when I started a fresh game (installed FT over a new BV/earlier games backup), and as far as I can remember - without any hacks at all in the DL folder.

it usually corrects itself the next time I play, though - but starts over again as soon as the simmies paint or draw. the pictures they draw also gets corrupted.
(as far as I know, it doesn't happen with the maxis default drawings, only the custom ones)

does anyone know why this happens?

(I've started using printscreen, but I can't completely trust that the pictures turn out good, since I can't be sure that the pictures saves correctly, or that they saves fast enough. I've had several pictures that were saved too late, so I use the C-button as a back-up.)

thanks for any help! :happy8:

(1) - how the c-button screenshots looks like
(2) - before/after drawing table
(3) - custom painting turned grey (ALL turned grey, but some still showed the correct thumbnail)
(4) - maxis bella picture turned grey, but has the correct color in the thumbnail picture (this hapened to all the animal pictures, too)
(5) - picture explains

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:54:48 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
kalynn06

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:44:26 pm »

This was a common FT problem and is apparently fixed by the patch that came out today.  I use Print Screen only, and haven't played with a patched game yet, so I have no personal experience, but it's listed as a fixed feature.Smiley

"All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it." ~ Samuel Butler

You can find more of my stuff at MTS2
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 09:26:25 am »

thanks Cheesy I'll try that.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: