Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 08:07:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: FreeTime Patch is Out! *EA removed patch from site*  (Read 11362 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2008, 05:40:11 am »

It is out here, but it doesn't fix what I wanted. I guess you can see if it helps your game. Sad

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:36:24 am »

Child Sims will no longer pop when asked to "Clean Up" the juice tray :smt104

Dont you just hate it when children pop?
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 02:18:01 pm »

Wow those were some critical things they fixed there. I'm impressed. lol I don't see even one of the crashing issues fixed. Good thing we have TwoJeffs, Pes, Inge, and the other modders. Oh and I noticed they didn't do a thing about all the stupid phone calls, other than the magazine one. Wohoo, wohoo.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 03:07:35 am »

maybe they will fix the career chance cards in the "next" patch

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 10:51:31 pm »

There were obviously serious flaws with the patch that was released - EA has removed it, so we can assume true to my previous experience, the patch was buggier than the original game or made things worse.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 12:05:38 am »

flaws in the patch? remind me not to laugh...

and EA removed it?Huh? WOW! that's the first time they've actually realised they did a mistake...
isn't that just thypical? I downloaded the patch, but I've not installed it yet. and now I'm really glad I didn't it. to be honest, I like better to download fixes made by the gameplayers themselves (like inge jones, twojeffs and those ones). I actually trust them more than the patches!
to be honest, I've never installed a single patch (except the pets one that didn't help - now I think it was something with the cigen/accessory files or something, but I didn't know about those files then. I reinstalled the game without the patch after that)

the only bug I've noticed in my game is the C-button/drawing table that came with FT. The only one. Without patches. (I've got some fixes from the awesome creators we've got ourselves, and they do the job.)

up until now, from what I've seen in the listing of fixes the patches is suposed to do, I've had none of those problems (not counting C-button).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 12:08:23 am »

actually, raven they did something similar with the base game - they released a patch, removed it, and had a replacement patch that corrected the first patch within 72 hours, because the first patch actually did the exact opposite of what it was supposed to do >_<

and if memory serves they had a similar catastrophic bug patch release with the University patch, and had a replacement patch in 72 hours.

Oh, they know they make horrors, they just smile and lie through their teeth about them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 12:10:47 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 02:08:33 am »

i got a question guys...i downloaded the patch and installed it...i didn't see where it affected my game in a negative way at least not yet...but if what you are saying is true how would i remove it from my game if they come out with another patch?Huh?

BEV
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 07:02:11 am »

When I installed the patch, I knew it would reset the lots, but now the whole game. The camera mods were written over to regular maxis code and I had to enable custom content, never had that happen with a patch before, at least I don't remember it before. Wow, they pulled it? Oh boy, when the new one comes out, I guess I will have to download the camera mod over again. Reset my lots again, my poor sims are gonna lose their jobs. LOL Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Why Lie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 09:10:59 am »

0.o  Patch's reset lots?!  I'd rather play with a buggy game then... But thats just me...  I've done a lot in my lots... so yeah :s
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 10:14:24 am »

It completely resets the lots and all the data in them? (Like the sims lose their jobs and everything?) Weird... I know in previous patches it only reset the sims themselves if they were performing an action when you had saved prior to installing a patch... that, and usually the "SimsXX" and "objects" packages that contained those updates.  :scratch:

EA's not doing well at all in convincing me to spend my money on yet another borked product of theirs.  They still haven't gotten the patches down-pat, even after all this time the game's been released... I know it's complex, but thorough testing could quite possibly prevent these things from happening... not 100%, but at least with much better results than at the current point.  :roll:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:35:34 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 10:22:18 am »

They don't get completely reset - what lewis probably meant was that the sims normally at work would end up back home, and consequently lose a day's work (if you have holiday time you use up one of those days). This is why I keep Squinge's skip-school-no-grade-loss in my game Wink I do believe JM has a fix in his debugger for work performance Smiley

I've played with the patch installed and no problems, so for what it does fix, I'll keep it Wink But then, I seem to be lucky with things like patches and securom... :angel:

No requests please
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 11:35:13 am »

Okay.  Thanks for the clarification, Sadie.  Wink

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 09:02:34 pm »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1201239
... I know it's complex, but thorough testing could quite possibly prevent these things from happening....

Tenshii! what madness is this you speak of?!! Don't you understand? EA does thorough testing, they know exactly how short-sighted, shallow, and herd-beast-like their consumer-base is!!

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 11:48:59 am »

I am sorry, I didn't mean to confuse everyone. My lots are "reset" to everyone is home and like when they move into a new home. They miss their jobs and the kids miss school, so they lose a grade. The data is still up to date after the last gameplay. I was worried that my sims may lose their job, if I have to install another patch.  I have to check out those mods Sadie had in her post.  The only complaint I had was the patch overwritten the camera mod and disabled custom content, I didn't remember a patch doing that.  Sorry again. Sad

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: