Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:52:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated Monique's Computer/Laptop Variety (FreeTime and Bon Voyage) 9-22-08 - UPDATED  (Read 127476 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Damon05

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2008, 10:14:40 am »

Thank you Chaavik.
I 've just downloaded the expensive computer and I 've found a little bug concerning the animation of it.
Infacts the screen doesn't move up when I turn on the computer with the "write blog" or "internet search" options.

Bye
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 10:56:53 am by Damon05 » Logged
hopefullamnesia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2008, 01:24:27 pm »

Wow! Awesomeness. Thank you so much for updating this <3

"Not chaos-like, together crushed and bruised/But as the world, harmoniously confused:/Where order in variety we see,/And where, though all things differ, all agree."

::smilieiforgetwhi::*DeElIcIoUs DiScOrDiA* Mmm Mmm Biatch! ::smilieiforgetwhi::
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2008, 03:19:17 pm »

Quote from: Junin;1204918
I was hoping you would make the expensive computer version too. Thank you so much!!

EDIT: The FT options to write a novel doesn't appear to me.
Also, the writing novel's status doesn't match.

The option to write a novel only appears under Write... and then you have those three as shown in the picture. I've used Alexx's fix for the Write Novel Test bug he discovered and talked about in his thread at MATY.

His fix is supposed to report the percentage accurately as stated in his thread for the action icon in the queue and on the option off the computer. If this bothers you, you could post in his thread at MATY and explain what you were seeing. I had his permission to implement the fixed Write Novel function into both of Monique's Cheap and Expensive Computer versions.

Damon, it is that very reason I was hesitant to upload the Expensive Computer version because the screen itself acts very weird until you turn it off and then choose one of the options (turn it on again to get the screen up). Then it worked fine. Just one of those little oddities. I haven't done anything special to the computer itself but to add features and whatnot.

The Sunair Light version is even worse in FreeTime. I've checked it out ingame to make sure the "holographic" screen and keyboard function okay. The keyboard didn't show up, but the screen did.

The Expensive Computer version is the lesser of the two evils compared to the Sunair Light version that uses a custom computer.

I'm not really concerned about updating the Sunair Light version personally, just concerned about the custom computer itself appearing incorrectly in FreeTime.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 03:21:54 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
vlsullivan

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2008, 10:15:06 pm »

Quote from: Chaavik;1203100
The price increase reflects the new FT features, whistles, bells and shininess to Monique's Cheap Computer. However the kitchen sink is not included! Wink

Hmm. Monique never increased the price as features were added for new eps. For that matter, neither does EAxis. The point of a "cheap" computer is that it is, well, cheap. Your version costs more than the in-game expensive computer and only a few hundred less than your "expensive" version. This seriously changes play dynamics for Uni dorm lots (where Mr. Humble does not appear) and all my Sims go to college.

Will you be offering a real "cheap" version, or can you direct me to a tutorial for price changing so I can fix it myself?  I do not post any files anywhere, so I am not asking to do that, only to give my no-scholarship dormies a chance to own one after a semester or two.

Thanks for your help.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2008, 10:37:47 pm »

I am planning to come up with a "stripped" version that will be cheaper than the versions I have available for downloading. The "stripped" version will still include most options including the banking options which are pretty popular with almost everyone.

The goal is to provide a real benefit for your Sim (stay at home parent or lazy sim) to make a living by writing articles, novels and restaurant guides, giving financial advice and working the stock exchange. Another goal is to provide an entertainment benefit for your Sim by playing online and chatting to boost his/her Fun and Social motives without leaving their lots. Just the realistic benefits that a computer could provide. These are some of the benefits in mind. And no, the kitchen sink is still not included with the Stripped version. Cheesy

What I am going to do is to use the Cheap (maybe Expensive) Computer and get rid of some options for example:

Realistically, you can't change clothes via the computer.. I'd like to see that on a real one though! Cheesy Dressers can do that realistically.

Buy Video Games Online offer no real benefits for your Sim(s) if they already have SSX3 and/or Sims 3 (You get Sims 3 automatically if you receive Mr Humble's Computer via his visit only) both. Only one game suffices to increase your Sim's Fun and Social motives. Why need 5 or 6 more crappy games like that sports game EA FIFA?

Visitor options.. I personally didn't care for these options to ask a visitor to write an article when your Sim is capable of making money in a number of ways like painting, writing, harvesting and whatnot. The -only- exception to this is the Ask Employee To Study (random badge) option. Employees, in a sense, are visitors to a business lot. So if you are tight on space in your business and got no room for pottery wheels, sewing machines and etc., this is a better option to have your employee study when business is slow or closed for the day/night.

Sewing and Pottery badges on the computer make sense when you hear about issues with these two and the stuff your Sims make. I had one of my Sims make stuff on the pottery wheel for a business she owned, and to my annoyance, the stuff she made couldn't be marked for sale or placed anywhere on tables and shelves.. So to save headaches, I'm going to leave these in to reduce inventory clutter.

As well as a small number of other options. I might offer two different versions of the "stripped" computer - one with and one without. I will compile a list of options that will be taken out.

If you have any comments about what options are most useless to you on these Monique's Computers (both versions), please do comment away!

Also, I'm messing around with recoloring. I kind of don't like hot pink, neon green, striped and odd colors that I saw in the two threads, but I wanted to have them in normal colors that you would typically see on today's computers - black, silver, gray, white and some "light" colors.

Just let me know what you think of an idea for a Stripped version? Alexx has a stripped version of his own without the banking options and a couple of other things. He also increased the price on his version too. But I plan to keep the banking options myself because I liked this feature alot.

Comment away and have a good night!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 11:18:55 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
orkagal

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2008, 05:37:37 am »

Monique I must say I am such a major fan of yours. I have been waiting for you to update  and as ususal u come thru. I cannot run my game happily without your uploads or the insiminator. I am your number 1 fan. I knew if I waited long enough you would do this. My game has its own folder named monique with all your wonderful creations. I love you. I thought I lost you on Modsims but I found you and as usual u make my game the way it should've been by maxis. U should be hired by maxis for the stuff you create that they forgot u rock!!
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2008, 05:41:38 am »

um .. orkagal .. Monique didn't update this, Chaavik did - it's him you need to thank!!

thanks for the updates and having the patience to do the expensive computer too Cheesy

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2008, 06:04:03 am »

You mean "her", Aliwag. Wink

Thank you, Orkagal, but I am not Monique. I am a fan of her work too, and without the computers for FreeTime, it was hard for my Sims to make money writing articles, study badges and send money to their kids in college (Uni).

And yeah, she did a very good job on the mods she came up with over the years, and it is sad when she disappeared from the Sims 2 community toward the end of October 2007.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 06:08:34 am by Chaavik » Logged

Dancing Squirrels
Kitty!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2008, 07:14:29 am »

U basically made my day Chaavik, since i installed FT my game isnt the same w/o this mod, and now u updated it, im very thankful for that because this mod is one of those mods i cant play w/o. thank u for ur time updating this for the sims comunity, *hugs*
senesi2003
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2008, 07:56:27 am »

I am with everyone, Thank you so much!! So happy to have an updated version in my game.:happy8:

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out, I can usually shut the bitch up with chocolate
friendlyquark

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2008, 10:20:24 am »

My other real problem was that teh old version didn't let children buy athletic wear on the computer, has this also been fixed?

Plus, while I understand your reasoning about the price, this object is a cheat of sorts, so to make it expensive sort of defeats the purpose, you see? Now I can go into SimPE and change the price myself, but not everyone can or wants to do this. Maybe if you made two versions? One that reflects the new more realistic price and a cheaper version for us cheaters? LOL

Toddler - The other white meat.
bezobear

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2008, 11:52:38 am »

Thanks for the update on monique's computer! This mod and the Insimenator I consider to be the best ones there is! If its wasn't for custom mods, and
objects, I would have gotten bored with the game a long time ago! Maxis owes their success to all you creators out there in my opinion!
a_stones_leap

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2008, 12:54:27 pm »

Oh thank heavens, I'm saved!!!  Or relieved that this has been updated, take your pick.

Thanks muchly!
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2008, 03:03:51 pm »

Thank goodness you reduced the price of the cheap computer. I only used that one anyway. The other was too expensive for my starters to use and took almost a sim week to afford. I just removed it from the game and went back to the old version of Monique's.

Another problem, when the computer was on a lot, my sims couldn't use the maxis bookcases to study skills, they can use for parenting skills, but not the others.  Is it just happening in my game? Oh well, I will test the new cheap computer.  Thanks for your hard work. :wave:

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
lucentgem

I take salsa bribes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2008, 03:21:41 pm »

Thank you for updating this! I love and use this mod so much in my game. :*)

~JJ~
I need someone who is really chatty and not afraid of lack of response. PM me please. Cheesy

Check out lucentsims.com. :*) If you would like to have a section in my Forum Talent are
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: