Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:05:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated Monique's Computer/Laptop Variety (FreeTime and Bon Voyage) 9-22-08 - UPDATED  (Read 127511 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2008, 04:23:03 pm »

The prices were already lowered in the new versions I uploaded this morning. They only cost slightly more.

I looked at adding Study Parenting to the computer, but I wasn't able to because of the way Maxis coded the new skill into the book when the Sim takes it out of the bookcase to study. FreeTime definitely changed the way Sims study the skills from the books as well as a number of other things. In my game, my Sims can study cooking, cleaning and mechanical skills from the Maxis bookcases. I don't mind looking into this for you, lewisb40.

Originally, children couldn't wear athletic clothes before FreeTime because they couldn't use exercise machines to gain body skillpoints or so I believe. For the kids to gain body skillpoints, they either swam or worked out by the radio. So, kids couldn't buy athletic clothes themselves. I think this was intentional on Monique's part.

I can look into this and see if the option can be enabled for kids to buy clothes online (whether it be everyday, pajamas, athletic (or sports) clothes, etc.).

Other than that, I do hope these new versions will grant hours of fun for your Sims. And no, these computers won't do dishes for your Sims in their kitchen sinks!

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Alexx58

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2008, 04:44:05 pm »

Quote from: friendlyquark;1206115

Plus, while I understand your reasoning about the price, this object is a cheat of sorts, so to make it expensive sort of defeats the purpose, you see? Now I can go into SimPE and change the price myself, but not everyone can or wants to do this. Maybe if you made two versions? One that reflects the new more realistic price and a cheaper version for us cheaters? LOL

Oh my God...Sorry for comments here,but Sims 2 Categorizer from http://www.simwardrobe.com/ allow to change price of any custom object in one simple click.And no need to use SimPE for this at all.

P.S.Thanks Chaavik for care about poor sims.:angel:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 06:00:48 pm by Alexx58 » Logged
Tamorain

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2008, 10:16:53 pm »

thank you looks awesome
vlsullivan

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2008, 11:22:20 pm »

Quote from: Chaavik;1205687
I am planning to come up with a "stripped" version that will be cheaper than the versions I have available for downloading. The "stripped" version will still include most options including the banking options which are pretty popular with almost everyone.

snip

Just let me know what you think of an idea for a Stripped version? Alexx has a stripped version of his own without the banking options and a couple of other things. He also increased the price on his version too. But I plan to keep the banking options myself because I liked this feature alot.

Comment away and have a good night!

Sounds Great!

As for my particular issue, I found two different ways to change the price quite easily. As promised, I will never upload my versions as they are for my own use only. Anyone else who is interested may join and search the SimPE forum, or check out Simwardrobe's Categorizer.

To be honest, the only features I use very often are the Study Badges (usually just to check and see how close my Sims are getting, but I DO train them in Cash Register before I let them run one:), and the Bank features.

As teenagers and as college students, my Sims chat with SS members so they can join as soon as possible once they get on campus. I use the Secret Society membership as an unofficial workaround for the lack of a phone directory in the main neighborhoods. With at least one member in each of my playable Sims households, I can make certain everybody meets everyone else and marriage matches that I want can be arranged.

Every so often, one of my Sims rolls up a "Join Greek House" want and the computer makes it easy to build the necessary relationships BEFORE calling in the Membership committee. Before I got the computer, I found it maddening to try to pin down any of the Greeks long enough to get ANY relationship points!

I really appreciate the work you've done on this project. I use it in every household. I'd been using the BV version along with Mr. Humble's machine for internet functions without problems so far, but your update gives me everything in one machine. Of course, with multiple computers in every household ANYWAY:) . . . Just replicating my own family. Only four of us live here but we have seven functioning computers and several more in various states of disrepair.

Victoria
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 11:23:43 pm by vlsullivan » Logged
mrscrockett

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2008, 12:19:45 am »

Thank you so much for this. I've been having fantasies of someone possibly combining Moniques PC's with ChristianLuvs, but an update of Moniques rocks my world! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!
speedy7

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2008, 04:43:59 am »

Thanks!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2008, 04:45:28 am »

I used those two options to chat with SS and Frat members too on top of the badge studies which, I think, are useful on business lots if there isn't alot of room for all of these crafting objects or if the budgets don't allow for them.

Christianlov's Easy Computer is pretty good except that the relationship building is now redundant with the FT benefit the Popularity Sims (not Sims with Secondary Popularity Aspiration) get to gain big boosts in their relationships/friendships with other Sims. Still, it's a good one for those who are fans of his mods.

Heh heh, I have a bunch of computers here in various stages of disrepair too. A couple of them are Linux boxes, and one of them plays Sims 2 (base game) that came bundled with Mandrake Linux Distro. Big difference between the two running this game.

Anyways, thank you for the feedback. If no one is interested in a Stripped version, that's cool. Just a thought to offer something besides these. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:52:17 am by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
celticdollie

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2008, 02:21:08 pm »

Wonderful job to think of all of us here, and to make our games even better! Smiley  *Applause*

::smilieiforgetwhi::Have a great day!::smilieiforgetwhi::
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2008, 04:38:03 pm »

Thank you for updating this Great mod.
HappyGoLucky

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2008, 05:22:25 pm »

Thank you, Chaavik for this great mod!   I so love this computer.  

Also.. I don't think I put recolors of the cheap computer here on Insimenator...  but there are some on MTS2.

http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=229388

Thank you for adding a link to the expensive computer recolors here!  Smiley
Skadi

Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2008, 10:20:21 pm »

Firstly, thank you so much for updating this. I really use this so much in all my games. I love the study badge options, they are a must have for me, same with the shopping options. I hate going to comm lots.

I'm also glad you lowered the price. While I do appreciate for game play ideals, hacked items *should* cost more, but I like giving everyone a Monique computer instead of the cheap one.

I am sorry to hear that the SunAir computer doesn't look so good in freetime as that was the main one I used.

Thanks again.

Owner  - SublimeSims.net
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2008, 12:58:59 am »

Quote from: Chaavik;1205896
You mean "her", Aliwag. Wink.

ooops, sorry hun, always forget about those little icons that give the game away!!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2008, 01:15:13 am »

Thanks so much Chaavik. I must had a problem with the 1st one you did, cause this new version on the cheap computers works very well. Now my sims can use the bookcase. I love it and you are such a sweetie for updating this computer, and answering our questions as well. I appreciate this very much! :love7:

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Skadi

Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2008, 02:14:38 am »

I'm having a conflict. I can't get the food level from the fridge any more, pie menu is gone. Also when I sell and rebuy a fridge it is still empty, even if I pick a different model.

Using freetime with all ep's and sp's, Awesome hacks plus a few others, conflict goes when computer removed.

Owner  - SublimeSims.net
angels1012

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2008, 09:22:34 am »

I am having a problem. I can't seem to get mine to work. I disabled all the old stuff and installed the new. Do i need to delete ? I was afraid to delete in case i had problems ? Any help greatly appreciated:)

Kathy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: