Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:59:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated Monique's Computer/Laptop Variety (FreeTime and Bon Voyage) 9-22-08 - UPDATED  (Read 127487 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Skadi

Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2008, 04:32:42 pm »

Angels1012, try moving it out of your download folder and only putting the new files in. Don't forget to remove everything of the old version.

Owner  - SublimeSims.net
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2008, 05:56:45 pm »

First of all, if you have an older version of Monique's Computer (Cheap or Expensive) for let's say Bon Voyage and you have FreeTime, remove those files and install the newest version for FreeTime. If you don't have FreeTime, don't download these. Go to Monique's original thread to download the version you can use with your current expansion pack.

Umm, I don't think computers have anything to do with fridges truthfully. Are you using any mods for the fridges? I suggest going to Paladin's Place and download Hack Conflict Detection Utility. Click Sims 2 on the left sidebar and go to Programs. Download HCDU and install it. Use it to find out what conflicts you have with your game.

Also, keep in mind to keep Monique's Cheap Computer separate from Monique's Expensive Computer in their own folders. They cannot be kept in the same folder or they will conflict with each other. They have to be kept in separate folders. HCDU will report the conflicts but they function ingame as long as they're kept in separate folders.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 06:05:10 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
paperina76

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2008, 03:19:04 am »

thank you very very much!!!
I really love this hack, I don't play without it anymore!!! :angel:
Only a question:
I have always used the version "light by Sunair"...
you'll update it too...soon?Cheesy
julechristine

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2008, 04:40:54 pm »

thanks
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2008, 05:19:47 pm »

I think it would be a good idea to withdraw your Sims' money before you uninstall the old BV version. It's just general common sense to make sure you got all of their money out in case.

The Sunair Light version didn't look right ingame. I decided not to update that version because it is a custom computer made by someone else other than Monique. I wouldn't upload a newer version that looked like a disaster in FT.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
a_stones_leap

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2008, 11:36:15 pm »

I understand that the coding is all wonky with FT, so I'm not sure if this is at all possible, but it would be really cool if the Sims gain hobby enthusiasm whilst writing articles.  For instance, they gain happy tinkering thoughts when working on a Mechanical skill raising article.  

Thanks again for updating this!
mjanemoves
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2008, 12:35:58 am »

You're awesome for updating this!
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2008, 01:47:18 am »

When I installed this computer, I completely deleted the old computer and put this one in my hacks folder.  When I opened my game, all the households that had the computer in them, they were still there and the money, novel progess, (I don't know about the lottery, haven't played my fortune sims yet), those with loans and so forth, were still at their same level. Just wanted to say, I didn't lose anything when I deleted the old computers and installed this one. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
mommeaux

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2008, 09:29:42 am »

Thanks! I LOVE this computer!
Skadi

Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2008, 01:53:43 am »

Quote from: Chaavik;1210175

Umm, I don't think computers have anything to do with fridges truthfully. Are you using any mods for the fridges? I suggest going to Paladin's Place and download Hack Conflict Detection Utility. Click Sims 2 on the left sidebar and go to Programs. Download HCDU and install it. Use it to find out what conflicts you have with your game.

Also, keep in mind to keep Monique's Cheap Computer separate from Monique's Expensive Computer in their own folders. They cannot be kept in the same folder or they will conflict with each other. They have to be kept in separate folders. HCDU will report the conflicts but they function ingame as long as they're kept in separate folders.

I ran hcdu, nothing came up, except that the issue was resolved immediately after removing this hack. No other new mods were added at this time. I did however put both new and cheap into the same folder, as the previous MQ versions played nice. I thought they shared the bank controller info between them? Why would the controllers and additional packages need to be in my folder twice?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 02:10:14 am by Skadi » Logged

Owner  - SublimeSims.net
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2008, 05:20:50 am »

Because they used different bank controllers. Monique did the Cheap Computer version and then she did the Expensive Computer version in a different way. I always kept them in separate folders to insure the two computers can co-exist on lots ingame.

It's just common sense, that's all.

Dancing Squirrels
Skadi

Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2008, 05:18:13 pm »

Ah, I didn't realised they used different bank controllers. Thank you Chaavik. You've done an awesome job with this!

Owner  - SublimeSims.net
thetragicangel

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2008, 04:15:15 pm »

Thank you so so much. I love this computer for the longest and had to remove it because I was afraid it wouldn't work on the recent expansions. Thank you so much for updating it and fixing the little issues. Now I can use it again. Thanks again.
luvs10s

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2008, 01:06:14 am »

Thanks for updating, this is by far my favourite hack.
Sanati

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2008, 04:39:15 pm »

Thanks for this, but novels are still taking twice as long as they should with these computers. The pie menu percent is now "correct" in that it's checking based on how long it should take to write, but the novel doesn't finish until it gets to 200% because it takes twice as long. >_>

Edit: Almost forgot, it's also not checking anything hobby related while writing the novel. My sims for example with maxed out film and lit are not "entering the zone" when they write on these. Which I think is caused by the same thing making them take twice as long, using the old write novel function or whatever.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 04:48:09 pm by Sanati » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: