Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:38:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated Monique's Computer/Laptop Variety (FreeTime and Bon Voyage) 9-22-08 - UPDATED  (Read 127485 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2008, 06:17:34 pm »

The Write Novel option on these computers is a tricky business as far as FT is concerned. Even as far back as when Monique first released her computers.

This is partially quoted from Alexx's thread because I implemented his fix for the Write Novel function (pardon him for his English):

I don't know if somebody already noticed this,but I want to report about minor bug I've found.

It linked to Write Novel progress percent counter.Counter not show percents properly and when novel writing already finished,counter show only 50% not 100%(novel writing time was changed in FT and now almost in 2 times shorter than before).

He did not address anything about enthusiasm and writing novels. I would assume that the Sim would have to get into the "zone" if he/she has maxed Creativity and Film/Lit.

I will look into that and add a comment about what I find here.

I may also do a version of Teen Style computer soon when I am able to. Most likely a trimmed down version (or light) with fewer options but it will still retain most of the functions.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Sanati

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2008, 09:09:46 pm »

Yes I read that before. His problem was sort of the opposite of yours though. He updated the write novel bhav to the current one (I assume) but the old percent check was too slow so the novels finished when it said 50%.

I think the whole write novel bhav has to be redone to match the new FT one. I dunno, I actually fixed it on my end as much as I care to have it. I just changed the pie menu to call the real write novel interaction (x2030 IIRC) rather than the custom one, so now it works just like a normal maxis computer for that, only problem being the progress bar doesn't show up over their head, and no pop-ups every 5%, but the pie menu still shows the progress and that's all I need personally. Actually to be honest the 5% messages were annoying at 3x speed anyway. >_>
Rayleen

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2008, 09:19:33 pm »

Thank You !

:angel: Smile, Love, Laugh, Hug. It's the only things in life that cost us nothing and give us so much in return.::smilieiforgetwhi::
Hazy

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2008, 04:07:21 am »

Thank you so much for this.   This an essential mod that I always use.

My other entries
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2008, 07:31:57 am »

I uploaded the fixed version of Monique's Expensive Computer version with the correct Write Novel function to allow Sims to choose plot elements and book covers for their novels. The fixed version also allows the Sims to enter the "zone" (in other words, gain Enthusiasm) when they begin writing their novels.

Apparently, I uploaded the wrong version of Monique's Expensive Computer and didn't notice anything odd about this version not giving one of my Sims any enthusiasm. Thank you for pointing it out, Sanati.

The new version is labeled FT_MQ_Expensive_Computer_v.1.4_FIXEDFinal.

Please re-download!

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
andracab

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2008, 08:58:54 am »

Thank you so much for this Chaavik! This is definitely one item in my game, that I just can't do without. I love the banking abilities, and also having the ability to study badges. No more masses of pot holders! yay! Cheesy
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2008, 09:19:17 am »

Hehe! When I heard from other people about those potholders and pottery, I figured studying the two new FT badges would be much better! Smiley

They couldn't be marked for sale nor could they be used for anything else. I tried to run a pottery store, and that didn't work too well. The plates couldn't be placed on OFB shelves. They could be placed on walls, but who would want to look at plates stuck to the walls realistically?

Anyways, good day/night to you all, and enjoy the new version!

Dancing Squirrels
tiecg1

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2008, 07:50:01 pm »

Hey I was just wondering about the "pay bills" option and "work at home" option that pop up when you click on the sims, relating to the computer. They don't work. It's not a big deal I just want to know are they supposed to work and why are they there? But just learned about these computers and am glad they are updated b/c now I won't play the game w/o them. Love the banking options. Also I was wondering about the auto "send sims to college" feature. Does it work? Cause I have tested it on only one occasion and it didn't work. But maybe I didn't something wrong.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 07:55:20 pm by tiecg1 » Logged
karialSim
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2008, 08:50:28 pm »

Thank you SOooooo much!!!!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing UP is optional!
karialSim's Krazy Kreations
luvs10s

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2008, 10:55:38 pm »

Quote from: Chaavik;1218333
I uploaded the fixed version of Monique's Expensive Computer version with the correct Write Novel function to allow Sims to choose plot elements and book covers for their novels. The fixed version also allows the Sims to enter the "zone" (in other words, gain Enthusiasm) when they begin writing their novels.

Apparently, I uploaded the wrong version of Monique's Expensive Computer and didn't notice anything odd about this version not giving one of my Sims any enthusiasm. Thank you for pointing it out, Sanati.

The new version is labeled FT_MQ_Expensive_Computer_v.1.4_FIXEDFinal.

Please re-download!

Thanks for the updated version. I just popped in to see if anyone else was having any novel writing problems with the expensive model and find it's been fixed already.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2008, 11:19:55 pm »

Quote from: tiecg1;1219081
Hey I was just wondering about the "pay bills" option and "work at home" option that pop up when you click on the sims, relating to the computer. They don't work. It's not a big deal I just want to know are they supposed to work and why are they there? But just learned about these computers and am glad they are updated b/c now I won't play the game w/o them. Love the banking options. Also I was wondering about the auto "send sims to college" feature. Does it work? Cause I have tested it on only one occasion and it didn't work. But maybe I didn't something wrong.

The "Auto - Send Sims to College" feature on both versions (these new versions are based off the Bon Voyage Cheap and Expensive Computers) is set to OFF by default when the Sim children grow up into teens and not be sent to college automatically. A number of people complained about this feature at Monique's original thread on MTS2, and she complied by making it an option to allow the teens to be automatically sent off to college or not. So if you want the "Auto - Send Sims to College" option to be set to ON, click on it to turn it on. Otherwise, leave it be if you don't want to. I believe this feature only applies to children aging into teens, not to existing teens. I personally haven't used this one because I wanted my teens to earn a bit of scholarship money and to earn a few skillpoints before they're off to college. In one of my neighborhoods, teens don't go to college. So it is a good option to have.

The "Work At Home" feature allows you to direct your Sims to write an article and develop skillpoint(s), I.E. - Write article and gain charisma skillpoint(s) at the same time and earn money when the Sim is finished. This is similar to writing novels with one exception - short amount of time needed to write an article compared to writing a novel. They don't go to the computer autonomously to write articles. I did state in the first post that autonomy has been removed completely from both versions. FreeTime changed the way computers "advertise" to Sims, in other words Sims going nuts over other Sims using computers and attempting to initiate conversations with those Sims using the computers.. Meh.. Eaxis.... Maxis.. Schmaxis....

The "Pay Bills Online" feature should be available on the computer. I haven't paid attention to that option appearing on the Sims to send a Sim to the computer to pay the bills online. It should only be available when your Sim(s) actually have bills to pay for after the mail carrier put it into the mailbox. If this isn't the case for you, then let me know.

If there's anything else that's not explained about the features on both versions (both of them have the same features, just one being cheaper and uglier than the other), feel free to ask.

Dancing Squirrels
tiecg1

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2008, 10:40:18 am »

Thanks for responding Chaavik. The two option I mentioned on the sim always appear, except of course when there are no bills. But the other option is always there. Its not a big deal though. About the school, I read somewhere that they get sent to college with one day left in their teen stage. Can't remember where and maybe I'm wrong, but is there some type of manual or readme file that tells about all the features of the computer? Most are self-explanatory but others aren't (like the school) or the auto child banking feature which I turned on and my child sim put like 20000 of the household funds into her account! So I immediately turned that off!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2008, 12:29:09 pm »

I am not sure exactly about those teens with one day left in their teen stages, but from what I remembered, they don't go to college at all. That's -if- you don't have these mods today to circumvent the game mechanics to send these teens off to college. Wink

You can find information at Monique's original thread here:

Monique's Thread at MTS2

She had alot of information there that will explain in detail what some, if not all, features do on the computers up to Bon Voyage. As for FreeTime, the first post of this thread explains what new features were added.

Hope this will help you understand the features on these computers!

Dancing Squirrels
pink_cherry105

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2008, 06:21:47 am »

Thank you for this.
EmmaGXX
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2008, 06:27:18 pm »

awsome! thank you ! i was just wondering if it's possible for a update on sunair's clear computer as well?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: