Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:36:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated Monique's Computer/Laptop Variety (FreeTime and Bon Voyage) 9-22-08 - UPDATED  (Read 127510 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lyonsgross21

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2008, 07:34:39 am »

Thanks
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2008, 05:18:23 pm »

Thank you! Smiley

I uploaded the new Laptop version and it's available for downloading! I'm sorry for the delay, but I had to make absolutely sure the laptop is ready for uploading again.

Re-download if you already had the original version of the laptop. If not, enjoy the laptop! Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
marcia6080

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2008, 10:14:39 pm »

thanks
kendawgwv

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2008, 02:27:21 am »

Quote from: Chaavik;1203796
Would that be the red computer? I haven't thought about updating that one personally because I don't use that one in my game.

I'm still working on the Expensive Computer version and another project on my own, so it is almost done.

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.... hectic couple of weeks at work, had to neglect my simmies.... Yes, the red one, she called it the Rewards Computer (I believe because Maxis called it that too).  

I actually wouldnt object to seeing these options on an alienware or humble PC in its place though, as both are more realistic looking than the rewards PC.  Great job on the one's you have updated, and the Laptop looks great in game too! ::smilieiforgetwhi::

I like your idea for recolors too.  Never could bring mysimmies to buy a zebra stripped PC....
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2008, 02:41:30 am »

Yeah, me either. I don't know about striped computers but I have seen computers much wilder than those irl. Cheesy In fact, I've seen a coffee maker turned into a computer once. Interesting ideas out there.

You know... I didn't see the red computer as a download at Monique's thread, but I will look again to see if it is there. If not, no big loss. I probably will get around to doing some recolors, but not anytime soon though.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 05:54:42 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2008, 04:14:22 am »

excellent, thanks for your continuing work on this one Cheesy

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
tiecg1

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2008, 11:12:12 am »

Quote from: Chaavik;1219751
I am not sure exactly about those teens with one day left in their teen stages, but from what I remembered, they don't go to college at all. That's -if- you don't have these mods today to circumvent the game mechanics to send these teens off to college. Wink

You can find information at Monique's original thread here:

Monique's Thread at MTS2

She had alot of information there that will explain in detail what some, if not all, features do on the computers up to Bon Voyage. As for FreeTime, the first post of this thread explains what new features were added.

Hope this will help you understand the features on these computers!

Just thought you like to know that one of my teens automatically applied for scholarships and left for college one day before becoming an adult. I like that feature. But I downloaded the bon voyage computers and didn't get a manual but that's okay I'll figure it out. Just one more question though. One of my sims was able to get a loan (didn't have money in his bank account) and the one that couldn't get a loan did have money in his account. Is there a reason for that? If you don't have the answer that's okay. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks though! :-P
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2008, 01:31:48 pm »

I don't know exactly how the loans work from the computers because I don't use that feature personally. I'm guessing loans would be based on real life - if you have no money, you go get a loan. If you do have money, you don't go get a loan.

This feature is almost redundant now with many ways to make money - selling fruit/veggies, selling paintings, giving financial advice, digging for treasure and going to these contests (FreeTime) to win money to name a few.

Nice to know that teens can go to college automatically with one day left in their life stages! Smiley I usually send them off with 5 days left in their teen stages or I forget and regret. Cheesy Used to be that teens with 1 day left in their teen stages didn't go to college, I think also 2 days left in their stages.

For anything else that needs clarification, it's pretty much common sense to see what some features are without having to go look at her thread for explanations. Smiley

Dancing Squirrels
Llial

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2008, 03:59:51 pm »

Quote from: tiecg1;1228802
Just one more question though. One of my sims was able to get a loan (didn't have money in his bank account) and the one that couldn't get a loan did have money in his account. Is there a reason for that? If you don't have the answer that's okay. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks though! :-P

The way how the loans by MQ worked is, if you have money saved up in the (savings) account, then you didn't get a loan. I think you need to use that money first.
You can withdraw your savings and then you become a loan.

Sims who haven't any savings in an account become a loan.

In the houshold funds you can have so much money as you want it doesn't matter to become a loan.
jphill11

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2008, 04:36:03 pm »

I've found one problem with the expensive version.  Novel writing doesn't work the Free Time way, it's just the old style novel writing with no option for picking plot elements and a cover.  It works fine on the cheap computer, just not the expensive one.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2008, 06:31:14 pm »

The Expensive Computer was already fixed in the current version with the new Write Novel function. The new version was uploaded a few days ago. Smiley

If you don't have the current version, please do download the new one and delete the old version.

Ah that's what I thought. Loans are like the real loans in real life. No money = loan, yes money = no loan. Wink

Dancing Squirrels
jphill11

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2008, 11:41:06 pm »

I thought I had the current version but maybe I don't.  I'll download it.  Thanks!
johnston

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2008, 04:52:14 am »

thanks for this, now i can upgrade my monique and sell off the humble.
only reason to accept it as a gift, so you can sell it back, unwanted gift.
orkagal

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2008, 05:57:49 am »

Chaavik, I am sooo sorry. Saw the name monique and got so happy I didnt even realize. OOps my bad.. You did an excellent job sorry I gave credit to the wrong person. Your rock also and I am so thankful for the stuff talented people like you create. ;') The inexpensive computer sems fine but the expensive version didnt have the new feratureS. I'm going to redownload and I bet you its awesome. Thanks again. Sorry for the mix up. Smiley
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2008, 10:41:04 am »

Thank you Smiley No problem at all.

Should be able to use the new Write Novel feature on the Expensive Computer version now.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: