Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:44:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated Monique's Computer/Laptop Variety (FreeTime and Bon Voyage) 9-22-08 - UPDATED  (Read 127515 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
tiecg1

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2008, 12:45:48 pm »

Quote from: Llial;1229266
The way how the loans by MQ worked is, if you have money saved up in the (savings) account, then you didn't get a loan. I think you need to use that money first.
You can withdraw your savings and then you become a loan.

Sims who haven't any savings in an account become a loan.

In the houshold funds you can have so much money as you want it doesn't matter to become a loan.

Oh thanks Llial, I just liked the idea of the loan for the purposes of my story. Just wasn't sure of why it showed up with one sim and not the other. Loans are bad though, in real life or sim life, just thought it would be useful to the story and it prevents me from "cheating" with motherlode. Makes it seem more like real life! :snorting:

And thank you Chaavik as well! Love the fact that you have updated all these features! These features from Monique make the game so much more realistic! :happy8: I just ask all the questions cause I like to know what will happen b/4 I try it out. I used a lot of hack/mods and other cc in my game and anyone of them can mess up the entire game, so I like to be careful and know what I am doing b/4 I do it. Trust me, I love finding hacks and mods to customize the game cause some make it much more enjoyable (like this computer) but I'm forever reading documentation and readme files to be sure that things don't conflict.

But thanks for promptly responding to all my questions! :-)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 12:51:57 pm by tiecg1 » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2008, 07:43:10 am »

All of the versions (Cheap, Expensive and Laptop) have all of the features up to FreeTime including previous expansion packs like Bon Voyage, Seasons, Pets, OFB and so on. If you have FreeTime, these are the versions. If you don't have FreeTime, then download the appropriate version on Monique's thread. Her versions are up to Bon Voyage.

The first post of this thread explains what were added and changed for FreeTime. I really suggest reading to get an idea what features are retained on these versions.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
maggie79252

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2008, 06:26:54 pm »

thanks for sharing.
Carcatty

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2008, 01:28:56 pm »

Many thanks for the update, just what I needed. This is one of my favourite downloads
Quote from: Chaavik;1197989
All credit goes to Monique for her original work at

her thread at MTS2.

Credit goes to Alexx for his fix to Monique's original Write Novel bug that he discovered and posted about in his thread at MATY.

Credit goes to Takasims2k5 for the wonderful Focus Book G laptop at MTS2 and at Takasims2k5's site.

Two computers, Monique's Cheap Computer and TakaMQ Laptop, are available for $1500 with new features, whistles and bells (Kitchen sink not included) for your Sim(s) to drool over, making Moneywell's outdated computer (Maxis), Little Sister's WD15 flimsy laptop-wannabe (Maxis) and Mr Humble's craptastic computer (Maxis) look like slow and ugly dinosaurs from pre-DOS days! Yayy, the college students don't have to lug their oversized computers everywhere at Uni!

But, at a mere $3300, Monique's Expensive Computer makes everything seem unimportant with new features and shininess for your Sims to forget about their rusty kitchen sinks and holes in their pockets and the ozone layer above their houses! Cheesy

New Features:

Give Financial Advice - (better wording than "Give Financial Consulting" on all versions. Why "Give Financial Consulting" when "Give Financial Advice" makes sense? Available only IF the Fortune Sim or Sim with Secondary Fortune Aspiration choose the benefit from their Aspiration window for FT.)

Browse Web/Blog - (Available only IF the Sim has enough enthusiasm points in his or her hobby to do either one. All of the hobbies will become available if the Sim reach that point in some, most or all of his or her hobbies to do so. Enabled for children as well as teens, adults and elders to browse the web and/or blog if they have enough enthusiasm points in their hobby.)

Write Restaurant Guide - (Available only IF the Pleasure Sim or Sim with Secondary Pleasure Aspiration choose the benefit from their Aspiration window for FT. Enabled for Teens and up who have this Aspiration.)

Start Gaming Competition - (Available only IF there is more than one computer and more than one Sim on a home or university lot. Similar to LAN Party, but available at all times.)

Write Novel - (Completely revamped to be compatible with FreeTime. This new function enables Sims to choose the plot elements and book cover for their new novels just like they would on the FT computers.)

Pottery and Sewing Badges - (Added to the functions for studying badges on both home and business lots.)

All of the original options (except Write Novel) are available on these versions for those of you who want everything -but- the kitchen sink. All versions have autonomy removed, meaning that there should be -no- reason for your Sim(s) to touch the computer without you telling them to.

The Cheap and Expensive Computer versions can use recolors made by Monique and/or happygolucky.

You can use either JM Pescado's "nohumble" (MATY) or Jfade's "djshumblechoice" (DJS site) mods. For descriptions of their mods, visit their sites/threads to check them out. Whichever floats your boat.

I request these versions not be uploaded to any paysite or Exchange please.

A few screenshots below to check out some of the new features and computer versions.

Fixed 4-4-08:

A minor label fix was implemented to address the issue brought up by jsalemi in Alexx's thread at MATY. The old label "Sell Community Lot" was changed back to "Sell Owned Lot" to reflect the option(s) to sell both vacation homes and business lots back. "Sell Community Lot" was Monique's own label for the original "Sell Owned Lot" function that was seen on Maxis computers.

Fixed 4-4-08:

With Alexx's permission, I incorporated his fix for the Write Novel issue he addressed in his thread at MATY. Monique's original Write Novel function was re-introduced into the FT version of Monique's Cheap Computer.

4-5-08:

Redownload if you don't have the current version to be sure you have the most recently updated version of Monique's Cheap Computer for FreeTime. Remember to remove any old versions of Monique's Cheap Computer and install the newest version. Just a reminder to watch for new updates.

4-7-08:

The Expensive Computer version is up for downloading now. This one can use the recolors made by Monique at her thread. Same features, shiny whistles and new bells but the kitchen sink is still not included!

4-9-08:

Readjusted the prices on these two versions to bring them back in line because in reality, computers cost more if they have Vista and have more features than Windows 98/XP. That same idea is applied to these computers in Sims 2.

4-20-08:

I uploaded the fixed version of Monique's Expensive Computer version with the correct Write Novel function to allow Sims to choose plot elements and book covers for their novels. The fixed version also allows the Sims to enter the "zone" (in other words, gain Enthusiasm) when they begin writing their novels.

Apparently, I uploaded the wrong version of Monique's Expensive Computer and didn't notice anything odd about this version not giving one of my Sims any enthusiasm. Thank you for pointing it out, Sanati.

The new version is labeled FT_MQ_Expensive_Computer_v.1.4_FIXEDFinal.

4-25-08:

The laptop version is now available! This one retains all of the original features and Freetime functions (based on FT_MQ_Cheap_Computer_v.1.7Final) with a slimmer and shinier look. Many thanks to Taka for letting me use the laptop with permission because I really liked the laptop myself for my game! Smiley

4-26-08:

**LAPTOP version now available**

Re-download if you don't have the current version please.

*CAUTION*: If you don't have FreeTime, don't download this. Go to Monique's thread to donwload the appropriate version for your current expansion pack.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2008, 06:17:17 am »

I'll look into this and return to comment here about what I observe. In my game, the computer did accrue interest.

Anyways, I'll be back to comment here later in the morning.

**Obviously I didn't have my caffeinated drink this morning because I didn't ask further questions to replicate the problem.**

How much money did you put into the account and what kind of account was it used for?
Was the problem noticed on a home or business lot?
What were you trying to get your Sim to do when you noticed the problem?
Was the Cheap Computer version downloaded here or at MATY?

No, I don't believe not having Pets would affect the computer. There were a few options specifically for Pets such as buying the Lycanthropic vials to either become a Lycan or cure a Lycan, buy collars for dogs and cats, buy pet online and etc.

Let me know soon before I could try replicating the problem in the exact same way you tried to with your game.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 09:05:46 am by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
K_L_Carten

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2008, 11:45:33 pm »

Thank You so very much, I loved this computer, now I can use it again!!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2008, 07:34:51 am »

You're welcome. Smiley I appreciate the thanks and hope you all will enjoy the updated versions!

I might take a stab at the Sunair Light Computer version and see if I can get the model (the look of the computer) to work correctly ingame. But I can't say when I will be able to release this version to complete all of the computers Monique has done for the community.

Anyways, I do hope you all have a great Mother's Day weekend. Don't forget to send a card, flowers, candies (chocolate Wink ) to your mothers!

Dancing Squirrels
jphill11

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2008, 01:34:06 pm »

Chaavik, I just wanted to mention one thing.  I have the FT patch even though Maxis officially took it down.  Since I installed it, playing games on the computer doesn't give enthusiasm for gaming.  I realize you might want to wait until the official patch comes out to even look into this, but I just thought I'd mention it to give you a heads up, since it might happen with the official patch too.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2008, 08:25:30 pm »

Yes, it sounds about right. I did have a Sim who deposited at least 1000 simoleans into her bank account on a Monday, but the interest didn't accrue until a week later. This is how I believe Monique intended for it to work.

As for the FT patch, I heard the patch borked alot of people's games (and later, Eaxis pulled the patch offline), so I didn't update my game. I just went and grabbed twojeff's critical fix from his site and updated my game. Worked fine as far as I am concerned with the gameplay and whatnot. I can't really trust Maxis (Eaxis) to come out with a patch that didn't work well. It seems they have gotten really sloppy and careless with the patches and game content, but I do hope this time, they do it right.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 08:37:54 pm by Chaavik » Logged

Dancing Squirrels
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2008, 10:07:45 am »

Ah.. You should keep the ATM mod in a separate folder from the folders you put the computer versions in because all of these versions and ATM mod use different bank controllers. I updated one of the bank controllers that was conflicting with FreeTime itself.

I created separate folders for each computer version - FT_MQ_Cheap, FT_MQ_Expensive and etc. This way, the newer controllers don't overwrite the other controllers. I think that might be why you couldn't accrue any interest if they were put into the same folder, and yes, you have to enable the mods and exit the game first before you load the game completely to the neighborhood.

You don't have to create separate folders. I did this just out of my penchant for a neat, orderly and painless Downloads folder. Cheesy If I suspect a problem mod, then I know exactly where to go and kick it to the curb.

I personally didn't use the ATM mod and don't really have a say in this matter. Someone said he changed the load order of this mod. You could page back through the thread to find Llial's post about the ATM mod.

Dancing Squirrels
odettesmom

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2008, 01:46:37 pm »

I know its redundant but just want to get my thanks in for a really appreciated mod!
genecyst

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2008, 11:03:29 pm »

tl;dr will the light computer be updated as well? (   MQ_SAobj132_lightcomputer_v6.1_BON_VOYAGE.zip)
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2008, 11:49:10 pm »

I did state in Post #149 that I would try again with the Sunair Light Computer and see if the model (mesh and textures) will appear correctly ingame. FreeTime must've done something in the way the Teen Style Computer and Mr Humble's Computer appeared when they're in the "On" state (or mode if you will) and other custom computers (like Sunair Light Computer) appear.

I can't guarantee when I will upload the Sunair Light Computer version, but I will try. Just the matter of getting the model itself to appear correctly.

Dancing Squirrels
genecyst

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2008, 04:22:48 am »

Quote from: Chaavik;1238752
I did state in Post #149 that I would try again with the Sunair Light Computer and see if the model (mesh and textures) will appear correctly ingame. FreeTime must've done something in the way the Teen Style Computer and Mr Humble's Computer appeared when they're in the "On" state (or mode if you will) and other custom computers (like Sunair Light Computer) appear.

I can't guarantee when I will upload the Sunair Light Computer version, but I will try. Just the matter of getting the model itself to appear correctly.

Wonderful to hear, I'll await progress and i hope you can get it working right cause i used that one the most.
nappyme

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2008, 08:44:37 am »

Amazing work...Thanks!!!

***Requests taken for MAXIS conversions ONLY!!***<br /><br />I have The Sims 2 plus ALL Expansion Packs!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: