Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:50:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated Monique's Computer/Laptop Variety (FreeTime and Bon Voyage) 9-22-08 - UPDATED  (Read 127513 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tootle54

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2008, 12:42:37 pm »

Thank you so much for updating this for freetime....will enjoy using the computer again
White Queen

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2008, 05:36:14 am »

thank you! this was much needed! Wink
afcb_gayle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2008, 01:16:14 pm »

Oh thank you so much - my sanity has finally been restored Cheesy
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2008, 06:17:52 pm »

I will upload a new computer later, FT_MQ_Sunairlight_Computer, after I do more testing on the functions and appearance of the computer model at one of my University dorms. This is to be sure the holographic screen and keyboard look correct when the computer is turned on and when the computer is turned off.

May be later tonight or tomorrow.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Firestaar1

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2008, 10:45:25 am »

Thank you...I can't wait to try this in game and discover everything it does!  Sounds awesome!!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2008, 01:54:34 pm »

The new Sunair Light Computer is available now!

Remember to delete the old version and download the new version IF you have FreeTime. Otherwise, download the appropriate version for your most current expansion pack at Monique's original thread on MTS2. The link is provided on the first post.

And make sure to place the new version in a separate folder from other versions of FreeTime computers because it has a newly updated bank controller. This -may- overwrite other bank controllers for the other versions and the ATM version if they're not kept in separate folders.

This new version retains all of the original features and functions as well as new FreeTime functions. This one also has no autonomy just like the other versions.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 01:57:31 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
pandoraprincess80

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2008, 06:36:46 pm »

Okay, first of all, Chaavik, I too would like to thank you for continuing to update this wonderful mod for all of us! It is VERY much appreciated Smiley

I have read all the posts here just to make SURE I'm not re-stating what someone else has already said. I have tried to purchase lottery tickets for my Sim using this computer... turns out I can *purchase* them, but I never get a notification saying whether I won OR lost every weeknight @ 7p.m. That was how I used to make my college Sims a LOT of $$$ before they moved out and got put into the Sim bin. It helped to buy a good house straight out of college w/out cheating. Any idea what might be causing this?

I have ALL EP's and stuff packs. Honestly, I do not know if I have the most updated version that you have posted... I probably don't, but I haven't seen anyone else mention this problem. I figure if you didn't know about it in the first place, how could it have been solved? But I thought I'd ask anyway
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 06:46:38 pm by pandoraprincess80 » Logged

"Listen to your Uncle Cox, Dorothies!" Dr. Cox - "Scrubs"
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2008, 09:58:48 pm »

Quote from: pandoraprincess80;1250104
Okay, first of all, Chaavik, I too would like to thank you for continuing to update this wonderful mod for all of us! It is VERY much appreciated Smiley

I have read all the posts here just to make SURE I'm not re-stating what someone else has already said. I have tried to purchase lottery tickets for my Sim using this computer... turns out I can *purchase* them, but I never get a notification saying whether I won OR lost every weeknight @ 7p.m. That was how I used to make my college Sims a LOT of $$$ before they moved out and got put into the Sim bin. It helped to buy a good house straight out of college w/out cheating. Any idea what might be causing this?

I have ALL EP's and stuff packs. Honestly, I do not know if I have the most updated version that you have posted... I probably don't, but I haven't seen anyone else mention this problem. I figure if you didn't know about it in the first place, how could it have been solved? But I thought I'd ask anyway

Which version did you download - Cheap, Expensive, Laptop or Sunair? And from which site did you download from - MATY or here? The reason I asked was because I uploaded a different version of the Cheap Computer version at MATY before I uploaded the work here. And which lottery ticket did you buy? I need all the details to replicate the problem if you can. Smiley

Also, I'm curious if you put different versions into the same Downloads folder or kept them in separate subfolders? They will conflict with each other if they're in the same folder. Thus a good idea to keep them in separate subfolders and also if you use the ATM from Monique's other thread, then that one will conflict too. A couple of versions have newly updated bank controllers and the rest were okay.

Let me know which version you were having problems with, and I will do testing with one of my Uni students to see if I have the same problem. And no, no one else mentioned it previously.

One other thing you could also do if you haven't already done it. Get HCDU from Paladin's Place and run it to see if anything else is conflicting. You will see conflicts with the different FreeTime versions (Cheap, Expensive and etc)  but as long as they're kept in separate subfolders, they will work fine.

I'm sorry if I repeated alot of this stuff, but this is just a checklist to go through and eliminate any problem.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 10:01:01 pm by Chaavik » Logged

Dancing Squirrels
pandoraprincess80

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2008, 10:30:55 pm »

I believe I actually downloaded it from here (thought it was MATY... can't remember really)... it was several weeks ago. I do not have 2 versions, as I figured that would conflict anyway... so I just deleted the one I had from Monique, and put the new one in.

I do not use the ATM, as I figure the online banking feature takes care of all my Sims' banking needs, so I see no point.

As far as using it on Uni. students, well... that's what I used to do back when I had a current version of InSim, and I would use the Lottery feature then. But I tried to use it in a normal residence, and they'd pay for the tickets, but it yielded no results. So when you go to re-create the circumstances, you can just use a normal household of adult sims with kids. Oh, by the way... I bought 20 tickets of each type.

With regards to HCDU from Paladin's Palace, the computer I'm playing my Sims game on is not connected to the internet. I actually have to put mods on a writeable cd and transfer them over to my other computer. It generally doesn't work too well when I try to transfer programs I've downloaded.

I have downloaded the "Expensive" computer (from here), and am about to go and delete the other version from my Sims game so I can put this new one in.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 10:36:15 pm by pandoraprincess80 » Logged

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2008, 02:38:07 am »

Okay, let me know first how that turns out with the Expensive version you recently downloaded.

I will try to recreate the problem with one of my families who have the $$$ to buy 20 of each type of ticket. Heh I thought.. Wow that is alot of tickets! Anyways, I will do this tomorrow and see what happens.

As for the computer not connected to the Internet, yeah it can be difficult to burn programs onto CDs and then transfer them over without a way to download HCDU from the site. This -will- be a problem if something is conflicting. Oh hmmm, just an idea.. Is this computer connected to your other computer on a home network? If so, you can set up a way between the two to share a folder containing HCDU. It's probably easier that way.

Anyways, I want to wait to see first if you continue to have that problem or if the problem resolves on its own. Smiley

** UPDATE **

I loaded up one of my Uni dorms and played my college student for awhile last night. I bought 20 tickets of each type of Lottery for her and played for about 2 weeks to see if I got notifications about my Sim winning or losing each night at 7 p.m. I wasn't sure which version you used, but in my testing, I used the Laptop version. All versions are the same except for looks.

I did get notification every night at 7 p.m. Also tested on a community lot to see if I got notification at 7 p.m. and got that too.

So, I looked back here to see if you added any more comments to the issue. This is a tricky issue to track down. From what I am guessing, you could have something blocking your messages from showing up on the screen.

I recommend looking through the Downloads folder for any mod that is not compatible with FreeTime and checking back with the sites you downloaded your mods from to see if there were new updates for FreeTime. One of the most common misunderstandings is Insim.. Insim hasn't been updated for FreeTime, and there have been people saying that Insim doesn't work right with the latest expansion pack. Although Insim "seems" to work right, but it doesn't under the hood. So if you got Insim tucked away in the Downloads folder, take it out. You can get Sim Blender to replace Insim at TJ's site.

Please do let me know how it is working out for you!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 03:50:33 am by Chaavik » Logged

Dancing Squirrels
fairydavanasim
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2008, 07:55:10 pm »

My first post ever here and it is to Say a HUGE Thank You for these computers. My game hasn't been the same without them...so Thank you. Thank you and again Thank you.
Tamorain

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2008, 10:16:49 pm »

thank you
pandoraprincess80

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2008, 10:31:58 pm »

Okay, Chaavik, it's working now Smiley I'm not really sure WHAT it was that I changed that made it come back or whatever, though. I uninstalled EVERYTHING that had ANYTHING to do with "Monique's Hacked Computer", and then installed your new "Expensive" version of it. I have not had the BV version of InSim installed for some time now, and I DID install the Simblender.

By the way... I had an idea for it as I was playing tonight... I thought it might be neat to have an "online dating service" where you can pick any man or woman (depending on gender preference) from the neighborhood log, and go out with them on a date. The candidates can even be listed in order of highest chemistry to lowest. Just a thought before I forget it. I know that the Gypsy lady serves as a matchmaking service, but let's face it... she sucks! You're stuck with whatever piece of crap that drops outta the sky Tongue

So there's all the info I can think of right now. Thanks for your help, and I'm sorry for bein a little late getting back to you. Again, AWESOME job on this mod!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 07:21:34 am by pandoraprincess80 » Logged

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2008, 01:26:23 am »

Glad to hear it's working for you again! Smiley I figured it was something blocking your messages from showing up onscreen, but again, I'm glad you're able to get it sorted.

For the online dating service, there is one that does it for free and doesn't require a computer heh. The crystal ball does that and better and is available at Simbology where the Sim Blender is located. From what I read, you get to choose one out of five Sims available (chosen with the highest chemistry in the neighborhood) after you tell the crystal ball what you want for free, and your chosen date will show up for your Sim. That was the gist from what I understand.

Thanks and happy simming. Oh yes, I hope you guys will have a great Memorial Day weekend. I know I will!

*grabs BBQ stuff to get ready for the weekend*

Dancing Squirrels
pandoraprincess80

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2008, 06:28:35 am »

Quote from: Chaavik;1252793
Glad to hear it's working for you again! Smiley I figured it was something blocking your messages from showing up onscreen, but again, I'm glad you're able to get it sorted.

For the online dating service, there is one that does it for free and doesn't require a computer heh. The crystal ball does that and better and is available at Simbology where the Sim Blender is located. From what I read, you get to choose one out of five Sims available (chosen with the highest chemistry in the neighborhood) after you tell the crystal ball what you want for free, and your chosen date will show up for your Sim. That was the gist from what I understand.

Thanks and happy simming. Oh yes, I hope you guys will have a great Memorial Day weekend. I know I will!

*grabs BBQ stuff to get ready for the weekend*

Yeah... I have the "Find A Mate" crystal ball, but that only gives 5 choices, and usually they're REALLY ugly, LOL! So I was just thinking maybe you could add an online dating service that really lets the user choose from a pool of eligible bachelors/bachelorettes. Now, of course not all of the eligible bachelors/bachelorettes will be a perfect fit chemistry-wise, but hey... that's how real dating sites ARE Wink Ya gotta keep trying till ya find the right one! Oh, and maybe they could narrow their search by skintone and hair color too.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: