Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:02:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated Monique's Computer/Laptop Variety (FreeTime and Bon Voyage) 9-22-08 - UPDATED  (Read 129044 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
pandoraprincess80

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2008, 09:55:39 am »

Quote from: Chaavik;1262150
Heh Cheesy Pescado already had that taken care of with the FFS Lot Debugger where you can smite Sims walking by if you like it that way.

I've tried what I called the Empty 'Hood method where I would download the empty templates for the neighborhoods like Downtown, Bluewater and etc and follow the directions to completely clean out everything including Sims. I had no ugly Sims in my clean neighborhood now that I don't have to do anything like smiting ugly Sims!

Anyways, good to know you found a way around that issue with ugly Sims.

LOL... ughh... my plan didn't quite work as well as I would've liked. Exactly how did you do that clearing the neighborhood thing?

"Listen to your Uncle Cox, Dorothies!" Dr. Cox - "Scrubs"
zaleth

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2008, 09:40:03 am »

Any plans on updating MQ's Reward computer to FT?  

I love the updates thus far thanks so much!
misstickles1980

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2008, 02:55:23 am »

Thanks for this.
blackvelvet

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2008, 04:56:00 am »

Hitting the 'Thanks' button.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2008, 08:37:21 am »

There are two tutorials done by SaraMK and Jordi (before he retired) to follow and create clean-empty neighborhoods. I used both tutorials to make my own and to get rid of most townies in HP's Megahood.

Keep in mind that these tutorials won't affect existing neighborhoods and townies in those 'hoods.

This tutorial by SaraMK has a bunch of templates to suit your needs - a bunch of cleaned up templates with only playable Sims and townies they knew and a bunch of empty templates with no playable Sims and townies. The templates for Desiderata Valley are found in the last 2 or 3 pages of the thread.

Emma also have templates in a thread at MATY. Whatever floats your boat.

This tutorial by Jordi is basically instructions to totally clean out the neighborhood and create new townies/npcs. It refers to the templates in SarakMK's thread and a bunch of mods by Pescado. I used both tutorials for the types of 'hoods I wanted in my game. This tutorial works up to FreeTime although it stated Seasons.

I haven't been able to locate the LS reward (that big red computer) although I remembered having it before. But if someone knows where I can download it to look at and see if I will do it, then I appreciate any help finding it to download.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
zaleth

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2008, 01:18:04 pm »

The LS Computer is included in the DL for the cheap computer for Bon Voyage the dl file is http://chii.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=628737

after unzipping the file its at the bottom MQ_Reward_Computer_LS.package
ronnie211797

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2008, 09:31:44 am »

Thank you very much, I love this computer!

"Remember the past but don't dwell on it, Prepare for the future but live in the present!":worship:
                            by: "Ronnie" Ronetta Bryant
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2008, 10:35:47 am »

Quote from: zaleth;1285980
The LS Computer is included in the DL for the cheap computer for Bon Voyage the dl file is http://chii.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=628737

after unzipping the file its at the bottom MQ_Reward_Computer_LS.package

The link is invalid. Thank you for the link anyways.

I remembered now where I got the computer from. I will look into this and see if I will update it for FreeTime and possibly include one other feature that's been asked for in an earlier post.

I don't know when I will upload the new updated computer, but I won't get around to looking into the computer until this weekend or after.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
zaleth

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2008, 12:02:22 pm »

Sorry the link didn't work, but I copied and pasted from the MTS site yesterday. MQ's work is still there and the links work I redownloaded it just in case you needed me to email the file to you.  

Thank you for looking into it and if possible updating it.  You are great asset to this community!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 08, 2008, 03:54:18 am »

No, there isn't a global version of Monique's work. There used to be one, but I think a good number of people didn't want that per se her original thread at MTS2.

Dancing Squirrels
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2008, 09:28:52 am »

I was playing my Uni student the other night and had no problem getting her to write her term paper on the Expensive Computer version. She got credit for the term paper she completed.

Do you have any college-related or computer-related mods beside the Monique computer versions for FT you use? And what is your latest expansion pack? I saw that you're using these computers for FT, but if you didn't have FT as your latest pack, then that may be the problem. I wanted to be sure that I understood what you have or don't have.

The Action Bhavs for both the Cheap and Expensive versions are different because Monique did not base the Expensive version on the Cheap version. She redid the Expensive version with new bhavs. I don't know why she did that since it was much easier to base the newer version on the Cheap version and add new features/badges to the old code. The Laptop version is based on the Cheap version. That is why both of these versions are the same.

Thank you for telling me about this. Let me know what college-related and/or computer-related mods you have and what your latest expansion pack is. I try to track as much info as I can when there is something going on with any version of Monique's computers for FT.

Dancing Squirrels
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 18, 2008, 03:50:01 am »

The IKEA pack is a stuff pack, not an expansion pack. I also have it. In two months, Apartment Life will be released as an expansion pack. I planned to update all of the computer/laptop versions for that if they needed any more updating.

Smonaff's No Jealousy hack isn't updated for FT as far as I know. Heck, he hasn't updated any of his mods in a long time. I used to have a couple of his mods in my Downloads folder for PMS and Jogging, but I have since removed them when I installed FT.

There are better no jealousy mods out there that are updated for FT.

No, the Study -> Parenting skill couldn't be added. Even Alexx58 couldn't add it to his computer versions. He based his own version off the BV version Monique released last year, just like mine. But he has a different approach in not having any online banking, shopping and I think clothing functions on his two or three versions. One is Enthusiasm-based. But none of his versions has the Parenting skill added either.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 04:04:35 am by Chaavik » Logged

Dancing Squirrels
darcee

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 18, 2008, 08:45:13 am »

A question for you, Chaavik, or anyone: Is there a way to update to the new FreeTime version without losing all of my Sims saved bank balances?  I've been putting off updating because I don't want them to lose their money, but this update sure does look appealing Smiley

I would just go an withdrawl their money, but I have something like 80 playable sims and a lot of them have bank accounts, and that would take forever.

Thanks so much for updating this!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2008, 12:57:29 pm »

To be on the safe side, I would withdraw my Sims' money from their accounts and then install the new FT version for the game before putting their money back into their accounts. But that is up to you.

**NEW VERSIONS FOR BV AND FT OUT WITH NEW FIXES**

I will also be including the fixes for the BV versions that the FT versions were based on. So if anyone has only BV as their latest expansion pack (and does NOT have FreeTime), they can download the fixed BV version of their choice here.

All of the versions for both FT and BV contains an old bug that had been addressed in Monique's original thread at MTS2 but weren't fixed, causing the Sims to throw errors repeatedly and force players to exit their games without saving. This particular bug only affects clean/empty and merged neighborhoods.

Only the Expensive and Sunair Computer versions have an extra fix to address the Write Term Paper issue being pointed out in this thread. The college Sims were writing their term papers but they weren't getting credit for their completed term papers.

Credit goes to ancienthighway and teskitty (and possibly other people for the Write Term Paper issue). Thank you for helping.

The BV versions will be uploaded later today.

Dancing Squirrels
harrtenn

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2008, 04:23:22 pm »

thanks.

Send me flowers while I'm alive. They won't do me a damn bit of good after I'm dead."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: