Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 06:10:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Folders  (Read 1215 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dec12741

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2008, 11:32:08 am »

Can anyone help me,I have the following in my Downloads Folder
Automotive
Buy Mode
Build Mode
Clothes
Pets and so on

to
(1)Clothes
(2)Pets
(3)Buy Mode and so on

will the stuff in this folders show up in the Game?,HELPPPPPPPPP
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 09:39:05 pm »

Dec - that is a dicey call...

According to EA/Maxis if you have Nightlife or a later expansion pack (OFB, Pets, Season, BV, FT) you can have sub-folders in the downloads folder -- which indeed do work for most people without issues.

However - the stuff packs seem to exacerbate a problem with the catalogue function that allows your game to "see" stuff in the downloads folder.  This problem isn't limited to stuff packs, only made more frequent.

The catalogue function is buggy as bat skittles.  It will collapse and lose data, get corrupted, etc all too easily.  Using sub-folders only seems to make this happen more frequently.

So, short answer: If you have NL or later, then the stuff in folder MOST LIKELY will show up... however, that being said, I refuse to use subfolders for the bug I describe above.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 02:33:32 am »

Thanks BBB for your reply...I was thinking of trying to make sub-folders to organize things better also...i miss not doing it like i did with Sims1...but i've done alot of reading about it and have still been skeptical about doing it...i've read it works fine and then no i wouldn't do it....but i have read alot of your post and some i understand by the way some i don't totally understand but i have the impression you seem to be pretty knowledgeable on issues...so i think i will follow your advice and being you won't do it...then i'm not going to try it....

BEV
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: