Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 01:40:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Blank Blue screen in BV  (Read 3833 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
maniac19642003
« on: April 03, 2008, 11:51:24 pm »

I originally was posting this in the whats on your nerves? thread but decided to post it here instead.

Whats on my nerves now is the fact that since I haven't played Sims in months lately, now that I went to play the game, pre-FreeTime, I get a blank blue screen while loading in the sub-sections for my custom hood that I previously had no problems using before when I last played the game. It was loading in the colleges at the time and was on the very last one of adding all 3 when it came up wit this blank blue screen making the game not runnable so I had to unplug the wire from the tower and plug it back in just to get my pc to load again. Again, this is the very first time I've ever seen this problem at all in the game since I've had them all installed before without problems, now I just hope that when I try to load the game again that it will let me add the rest of the stuff for my hood so I can play the game without problems and yes I have the latest BV patch installed as well. The only things I have in my DL folder are self-sims, 2.7b dest insim, some default skins which again I've used since the base game and some recolors of the minivan from NL plus some personal pics in the Paintings folder to have my sims paint then on the easel which I've been doing since adding Pets awhile ago, nothing that should bork the game like this. Everything that has to do wit FreeTime is currently located in my My Pictures folder just til I got FreeTime. I also had my video card drivers updated before when my neighbor was here one time so that should be fine as well.
maniac19642003
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 06:36:14 pm »

I just encountered this new error and have no idea what to do now to get this one fixed. Any help is very much appreciated.

Eva Aisling

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 02:59:21 am »

It looks like a graphics issue judging from your error message so....try this:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Graphics_Cards

I started having a blue screen issue for the first time with BV and this helped me: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:nVidia_Blue_Screen_Issue
I have a nVidia card and that's a common problem, apparently.

Hope that helps!
maniac19642003
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 01:32:53 pm »

I found out yesterday that its not my card, and I have an ATI card, not nVidia.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 01:43:13 pm »

Could you let us know what your system specs are, Mark? That would give us a great starting point.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
maniac19642003
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 01:56:58 pm »

If you need to see anything else Joy, just let me know and I'll get it for you then.

EDIT: I should mention that I did reinstall BV last night as well, I just haven't ran it this time yet to see if my problems still occur or not and I did not install the bv patch this time as I did last time when having those problems.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 03:09:55 pm by maniac19642003 » Logged
maniac19642003
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 06:54:13 pm »

I just want to post here again now to say that I successfully got BV installed and had no crashes when adding the sub-hoods like last time so I am BV problem free again. Thanks to those of you who tried to help. I may need you again soon when I attempt Free Time! lol
maniac19642003
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 04:45:15 pm »

I wanted to post in here again now since I'm back to having my blue screen problem again and I also noticed as well that when it starts loading some of the stuff in my hood, as well as the hood itself now, the screen is just left wit a house figure in the middle and everything else is the blank blue screen so once again I have no idea what happened since I had this problem last time but I noticed the problem started again after messing wit FreeTime and having that taken out since my pc doesn't load it. If you need any info from my pc just let me know and I'll get it for you then.
maniac19642003
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 07:52:45 pm »

I just did the Can You Run It? test on my pc for BV and this is what I get for my video card.

The first pic here is the Minimum Specs for BV and my stuff.

This last pic is the Recommended Specs for BV and my stuff.

So as you can see, my video card just barely meets the specs for BV right now so I guess it very well could be my video card causing my problems.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 01:30:54 pm »

Do you have add something in the game ? It's since the neighborhood reinstallation ? I hope it's not somehow corrupted. :roll:
Have you try to load another neighborhood ? Wink
Ark_Sky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 01:50:54 pm »

I have the same problem...my videocard thingy only has 3 bars,though...but I've never had that video card error,though.

maniac19642003
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 03:49:18 pm »

Quote from: Mihura;1220879
Do you have add something in the game ? It's since the neighborhood reinstallation ? I hope it's not somehow corrupted. :roll:
Have you try to load another neighborhood ? Wink

Yes I have hacks, all BV versions, no I don't load any Maxis hoods, I hate those. I'm going to try other stuff later for this problem to see if it works or not cuz I have no money right now to get a new video card to help that.
Hokieman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 09:16:02 pm »

Just on the off chance,

1. Did you delete the maxis base hoods and just have a custom base hood without entering any of the maxis base hoods first?

2.  Are you trying to set up a sub hood, like Uni or OFB, without previously setting up any of the maxis sub hoods?  And have you tried setting up a built in sub hood then creating a new custom sub hood?

The reason I ask, is that when you create the template hoods, the programs sets up all kinds of stuff in the background.  So I set up the maxis hoods, then do I begin creating my custom hoods and subhoods.

But, based on your system specs, it could be one of 4 things.  1.  not enough hard drive space, 2.  not a big enough paging file  3. Overloading system memory, and 4.  Overloading your graphics card.

It looks like you have a smaller hard drive since you have a page file less than 1GB and just under 2GB available (mine is 2GB) so if you don't have enough hard drive space, the program will stop in the creation of new hoods since it can't save the files.

But the error you show is clearly a graphics card error and may be related to the driver updates.  You can roll back to your old drivers and see if that fixes it.

Only other thing I can think of is whether you're using the custom neighborhood terrain templates that came with the game or some you either created in SimCity4 or somebody else did.  If you get one that was too big, it won't work in the game.  Had it happen to me once with a neighborhood terrain file I downloaded.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 09:28:36 pm by Hokieman » Logged
maniac19642003
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 09:30:00 pm »

1. The maxis stuff hasn’t been touched, I just don’t play those ones as I hate those buggy hoods.

2.  I have my custom hood loaded and when adding the other sub areas is when I have the problem.

I don’t touch any of the maxis hoods for adding the sub-sections or anything.

But, based on your system specs, it could be one of 4 things. - 1. 2. 3. ? and 4. ?
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 02:25:29 pm »

Have you a lot of houses and Sims in your custom hood ? It's maybe the addition of the hood plus the sub areas who create the problem. Yep maybe a memory lack, I'm not technician sorry.:roll:
Try to use a Maxis base hood plus downtown and other areas to see if it's functionning. Even if you don't like them, just to see. You can delete them later. Wink
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: