Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 01:51:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2578 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
madfairy

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2008, 12:25:52 am »

I have all EP to Seasons- my Bodyshop doesn`t work even when I delete groups.cache!!!!! PLEASE, I need suggestions how to repair this!!!!!!!! I have read all the info on this site about the problems with bodyshop, and none of them helps!!!! So, any suggestions? Please:)?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 06:37:42 am »

Have you also deleted your Accessory.cache and cigen.package files?

madfairy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 12:37:53 am »

yes, all three of them! Do you know any other solutions because this is getting quite strange... at first I thought it may take a while to bs to work because of tons of cc, but my Windows Task manager says that it is not responding!!!
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 02:35:54 pm »

Can you clarify what "doesn't work" means? Is it...

*Not Loading?
*Crashing?
**Crashing before it loads?
**Crashing while doing something after it loads?

First, make sure you are running the correct version of bodyshop. If seasons is your most recent EP, you should make sure you are selecting bodyshop from there.

Secondly, how much time are you giving it to load before you declare it "not working" ? If you have a lot of CC it can take quite a long time for even the loading screen to appear, but it's still loading.
-After clicking on the application to open it, hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE to open the task manager and look at the processes.
-Find TS2Bodyshop.exe
-If it stays there and you can see the "Mem Usage" value increasing, it is loading, you just can't see it yet!
-If it is there and then disapearing, something is forcing the process to close. (Usually for me it's the .cache or cigen files)

Hopefully this will help...
madfairy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 12:26:11 am »

well after the loading screen appears, it goes half-way through loading and it stops! Then I open task manager and there is a message that it is not responding... :sad4: and yes, I am trying to open Seasons bodyshop, because I know that you must run bs from the latest EP:)
itsatrashylife

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 04:20:45 am »

i have that same problem. it loads half way then stops. anyone have any other surgestions?

where do i delete the above mentioned files from?

excuse while i destroy your reality.
madfairy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 05:03:18 am »

you delete these files from My Documents/EA Games/Sims2 folder...
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 08:10:20 am »

Hmmm.. is it possible that you have some CC file that your bodyshop just really doesn't like and freezes when attempting to load? Try removing all of your CC, delete those cache/cigen files, and try to load BS again. If it loads successfully, you might have a borked CC file.
madfairy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 12:03:19 am »

hello!!!! I solved it with that, thank you so much!!! I have found the broken file and now it loads!!!!!! YOU HAVE MY ETERNAL GRATITUDE!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: