Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 04:22:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Geneticizing skintones  (Read 2346 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
chris626

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2008, 02:18:39 pm »

Ok so I recently downloaded spacedolls addition to buffybots default skintones over at DLMulsow's"]DLMulsow's Sim Antics and I kept reading about how you can genetize them. I was having problems because neither buffy's nor spacesolls skins are showing up as defaults. But I understood that is was an addition. Or was I wrong? But i just wanted a little help how to use these. Thanks for reading Please help.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 02:28:23 pm »

chris - first you can only have one set of default over-rides at any given time

as for geneticising, I have not the slightest idea what that means and I have been on the front lines making genetics for 3 years.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
E'Claire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 02:45:31 pm »

Chris, these are just more skintones to go with the set buffybot made, they're not meant to be Defaults. The Defaults can be found in the first post on the thread Wink

Basically all they do is if you choose to breed two Sims, one with a tan skintone eg. (.75) and one with a light skintone eg. (.20), their children shall have skintone somewhere in the range between the two eg. anywhere from (.20) to (.75). So you could have a child with (.45) or any of the others in the middle.

They simply work as the maxis skintones do choosing from the range of shades between the skintones rather than selecting one or the other, in this case (.20) and (.75), as normal custom skintones do when you select them from the custom panel.

Hope it clears stuff up for you? It's rather confusing to try and explain :?

It all makes sense in my head, I swear! :angel:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:48:32 pm by E'Claire » Logged
FourTSeven

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 03:44:59 pm »

The geneticized skintones are an addition in the way they're added to pool of possible genetics.  They don't show up in the little boxes like the defaults do, but your children can still be born with a geneticized skintone, within the range of the two parent's skintones.

The geneticized skintones are set with a value, like E'Claire said.  Any defaults you put in your game have a value, e.g. .75....well, the geneticized ones stay in the custom area of the skins, but also have a value in between the maxis numbers.

Regular custom skins don't have values.

Hmmm, I went for a simpler explanation, yet seems just as confusing.

FourTSeven's Sims
The scientists said it only infects the mind//The little boy said it only infects the girls
The Preacher man said it's gonna kill off the soul//A bum said it's gonna kill the whole wide world
chris626

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 05:55:41 pm »

Thanks for clearing things up E'Claire and FourTSeven. I understood both of you guys. As to beosboxboy I knew that you can only have one set of defaults. Its just that spacedoll said in her post that they were an addition to buffys defaults. And sorry for confusing you with that word Cheesy Thanks anyways.

Edit: I went back into the game and the skins still werent showing. So I went into the downloads folder and noticed I had downloaded the non defaults a second time instead of the defaults. Stupid me!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 06:28:08 pm by chris626 » Logged
E'Claire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 02:50:58 pm »

Glad you sorted it out!

Thanks FourTSeven, mine was a bit of a long winded explanation! :rofl:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: