Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 08:01:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free time patch?  (Read 2818 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Karla!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 04, 2008, 09:48:01 pm »

you see, when i installed my free time game
i saw everything going right. but then
i started noticing that people would post pics
ith their tots learning nursery rhymes and playing football
and i figured out that my game didnt have it. so today i went to the sims2.com and downloaded the patch and when i went in my game all those interactions
were going right. i closed it and when i opened it again, a popup came out
that said deleting and i was all like..ok
and then i went in and the interactions were gone.
well..i decided to install the patch again, but its not in the sims2 anymore!
does anyone know whats going on with my game and where i can possibly
find the patch again? pleasee..im desperate!:h3lp:

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 10:48:57 pm »

karla - the patch is a one-time install - after you install it - you cannot uninstall it or install it again.  You would have to uninstall FreeTime (don't do that without doing a back of your downloads and saved games!!) in order to install the patch a 2nd time.

There were obviously serious flaws with the patch that was released - otherwise EA would not have removed it (they did remove it, that much is for certain)

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 10:24:08 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1200774
karla - the patch is a one-time install - after you install it - you cannot uninstall it or install it again.  You would have to uninstall FreeTime (don't do that without doing a back of your downloads and saved games!!) in order to install the patch a 2nd time.

There were obviously serious flaws with the patch that was released - otherwise EA would not have removed it (they did remove it, that much is for certain)

Exactly how detrimental is it to keep playing the game patched. Should we really do a full uninstall and reinstall?  (I just don't know if I have the patience for that.)

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Karla!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 10:45:41 am »

thanks for the help guys =)
i guess i'll just have to stay
without football..i dont have time
to install the game again, and i
gave the rest of the games such as univerity
and nightlife to my cousins, so hard to get back =(
thanks anyways =)

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 09:08:49 pm »

ilikefishfood - I don't know - I didn't install it since none of the items listed in the bugs for the patch they pulled seemed to address anything I had experienced.  Check lewisb40's FreeTime patch announcement thread for details on what it seems to do : http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=78024

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 12:03:49 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1202017
ilikefishfood - I don't know - I didn't install it since none of the items listed in the bugs for the patch they pulled seemed to address anything I had experienced.  Check lewisb40's FreeTime patch announcement thread for details on what it seems to do : http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=78024

Thanks. So far I haven't seen anything particularly weird.  I swear, I'd rather give up the game that have to face a reinstall!

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: