Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 12:00:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freetime Still Crashing....  (Read 1287 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dream_of_Isis
« on: April 06, 2008, 11:16:17 pm »

I'm at a loss at what to do next. Since I installed Freetime, I load up this one family, it only plays for 5-10 minutes.Then, the game freezes, the screen goes black and my computer restarts itself. If I play another family, there's no problems.
Here's what I've done so far to try and fix it:
~Uninstalled/reinstalled Freetime
~Removed all custom content/hacks(Haven't re-installed hacks since removing them)
~Sorted through CC and tested all files
~Updated my video card drivers
~Installed Maxis Freetime Patch
What else can I try? Should I just remake the family? Could it be the house? It doesn't freeze at any particular point, it's just random. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them~ Smiley Thanks!
Krisana

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:34:26 pm »

I was having a similar problem with my game. Are you sure about removing all hacks? Some hacks don't apears when you run Sims2Clean Installer.
My sugestion is that you run Clean Installer and remove All hacks that shows in it, and after that you run Delphy's Download Organizer, looks for more hacks and also removes them.
I did this and I figure that I used to have hacks in my game that I had never heard about! They all came with some houses I had downloaded.
E'Claire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 02:47:10 pm »

I had this problem too although it was for all my families.

I removed all my hacks and downloaded them all again with all the updates for Freetime. I found I had a load of hacks I didn't even need so I presume it must have been one of those.

If it doesn't seem to be the hacks affecting your game I'd suggest reinstalling them eithe individually or in batches just to make sure it isn't those. Otherwise it may be something in your lot that makes it freeze and crash, liked a borked object for example.

Hope you sort it out!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: