Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 06:18:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cigen.package ...in the sims 2 folder  (Read 2859 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
whipstickgostop

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2008, 11:30:35 am »

Mines 15,639 kb

I just wondered if anyone knew what this is?
And if its safe(gamewise) to delete it?, as you can delete the group. file - which often becomes corrupted.

I'm asking this as my sims has started crashing and i'm certain its not cc or anything else as i haven't changed anything  at all on my  computer since last gameplay.

I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks =)
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 11:35:40 am »

You can safely delete it.  Cigen.package is created by bodyshop, the next time you will start it, it will generate a new cigen.package file.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 12:22:32 pm »

Quote from: whipstickgostop;1237134

... my sims has started crashing and i'm certain its not cc or anything else as i haven't changed anything  at all on my  computer since last gameplay.

Actually it could be CC.  It would helpful to know what the circumstances are when the crash occurs.

Crashes that occur in CAS or when trying to change the appearance of a sim could be happening because of a bad mesh, requiring an EP/SP you don't have or a corrupted file.  It may not have crashed before because you hadn't tried to use it.

Townies and NPCs that are slated to use a bad mesh can cause the game to crash whenever that sim is to appear.

Bad object/furniture meshes will cause the game to crash when that object is attempted to be placed, or if it's in a downloaded lot, when you attempt to enter that lot.

I've had bad meshes in my game for months before they caused a crash because I never tried to actually USE it before.  The mesh will load in memory at startup, but it cannot be displayed.  When I try to display it, whether by scrolling through Bodyshop/CAS CC or placing it on my sim/lot, I finally had the crash.  Since then I've found that mods/hacks not compatible will cause Object Errors or "jump bugs"; meshes not compatible or corrupt will cause the game to crash.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 03:34:34 pm »

my game often refuses to start (like today). but then I just delete those 3-4"safe" files, and then it starts. Smiley so deleting them helps.
the content in them confuse the game esspecially if you move downloads in and out of the DL folder.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
whipstickgostop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 07:39:28 am »

Thankyou all =)

I'm glad to say my games working now  ^_^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: