Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:07:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Won't Load  (Read 2870 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Diamond-Heart

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2008, 07:01:02 pm »

Yesterday I was using the game fine all day, then I came back after I went to the store, and it got to the video sequence thing before it starts to load, did the loading thing where it tells you the things it's loading, then it just totally stops and it's like the game quits after that. I have tried loading it again over and over, I've tried restarting my computer, and nothing works. Help? Has this happened to anyone else? Do you know what to do? Any suggestions on what to do or what the problem is? Anything at all would be appreciated! Thanks!
Belongstoasailor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 07:20:42 pm »

Did you try deleting the groups.cache files in the EA Games folder?

That always makes my game work.  Hope it helps! Smiley

* Britt *
Proud USN Wife

:love6:
LynSky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 07:49:47 pm »

Something like that happened to me like 3 months ago, I woke up one morning, finding that my game doesn't run. but I think it was because of something I downloaded, because I've tried and tried (uninstalling my last EP, restarting my PC, etc) and nothing, but when I finally decided to delete all my custom content, the game was running again. That worked for me.

Now I've been downloading things again, and have lots! I think I have more now than the last time, but my game is still fine, normal. So I think it was because of some custom content.

(I'm sorry for my very bad english, I'm still learning. ^^')
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 07:52:54 pm by LynSky » Logged

“Hope is the Dream of a Soul Awake” Proverbio Francés
Rainy321

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 10:37:40 am »

I'm having the exact problem as Diamond-Heart. I can't bring myself to delete files yet. I'll try deleting the groups.cache files. I hope it helps. I haven't played for 3 days!!! I'm having Sim withdrawal. So wish me luck!! Thanx
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 01:02:35 pm »

you don't have to delete the downloads. only remove then to a folder outside the EA games folder. then they won't conflict, and you can move them back if you want to use them later.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 04:32:43 pm »

omgoodness!  this thread just saved my life!  my game wouldn't even get to the loading screen.  but then i deleted groups.cache and eureka!

what is groups.cache anyway?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 12:00:20 am »

one of the file that remakes itself (or grow bigger) when you start the game again. can't say for sure what it stores of information, but I think it's got something to do with the simmies themselves.

I recently discovered that one of the thumbnails files in the thumbnails folder had grew to 200 mb (the one named CAS). now i've deleted all five files (not the folder!), and for the first time the override recolors of some maxis clothing I had is showing their correct color. (it takes the game some time to remake the thumbnails - just a small time lag, a few seconds each time I change the page of furniture/clothes.)

you can also safely delete the .cache files and the cigen.package file

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Belongstoasailor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 03:34:25 am »

Wow!  I didn't know that about the Thumbnail files!  I have 2 that are over 200 MBs!!

Thanks so much!

* Britt *
Proud USN Wife

:love6:
krazyredd

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 07:00:47 pm »

Quote from: gbgg9409;1246315
I'm having the exact same problem as Diamond-Heart. It won't work when I have custom content, and I tried deleting some of it, but it still won't work! I also deleted groups.cache, but that didn't work either. It will only work if I delete the actual downloads folder, not just the files. Somebody please help!

gotta be something in your download folder.  Sad to say but you probably gotta start over and find new items to put in your game, and the worst part is you may have to test them to make sure they work first.  I had a problem similar to yours for the past week and finally i had to settle for less cc in my folder.  sometime these things, cc, just stop working and mess up your whole game.  sorry you are having a prob wit ur game. :~(

There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
 Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad,
she was horrid. Grin

by, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 09:36:54 pm »

Well, if your game doesn't start up, even after deleting your .cache files and cigen.package files, or even playing without custom content in your Downloads or SavedSims folder... I'm inclined to think it has something to do with Deluxe and SecuRom. (NOT the brand new version, but this site has very good info of why you should be wary of it, now and in the future...)  

Some people have had luck with playing that and all the newer EPs (post-Seasons) without any problems whatsoever, but there are a lot of people who have had a time with SecuRom disabling the use of certain programs and disk-drives.  Hoping this is not the issue for you, though, but if nothing works... :dontknow:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: