Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 01:53:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Imac with intel core duo  (Read 3726 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
vikvac49

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2008, 09:31:37 pm »

I just bought a new Imac with intel core duo. The problem is some of my downloads are not showing up in the game. The hacks all show up but my hair, clothes, makeup and other files do not. Does anyone have a solution? Should I put them is another place other than the downloads? Aspyrs only solution is to use that **##@@ combo patch, which is a piece of @#**. With the combo patch NONE of my downloads show up in the game, so I reinstalled all without patches with the exception of Pets. I can't play without my favorite hair, clothes, and makeup!!! UGH!! My computer is G5 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 3 GB ram, ATI RadeonHD 2600Pro graphic card/256 MB ram. Aspyr said the games are not updated to intel so I hope someone out there knows how to make things work. Thanks for any help I can get. Vikki:smt120
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 10:23:50 pm »

Yea well the intel chips don't like the patches.  Objects turn different shades of blue.  I think there solution is to upgrade.  And honestly BV was worth the updated graphics for me.  

Try putting all your hair and skin, etc, in your SavedSims folder.  This used to be the only place they worked way back with the base game.  You CANNOT subfolder within there though.  Put a couple and give it a try.

If hacks work, downloads should as well.  Remove all cc and load bodyshop.  it will create a new Downloads folder, then move a little at a time in to test.  Make sure to check all yes enable boxes and restart.

And I posted in another thread, your game should be now installed in your Applications folder.

EDIT:  macgamefiles has patches.  The Pets one for sure is Intel compatible.

vikvac49

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 12:16:07 am »

Thank-you I will give these a try. Vikki
vikvac49

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 10:14:09 am »

I tried this and downloads work now but there is a unique problem. All of the women have a penis!! They look and act like women but talk like a man and have a penis.  LOL. I'm sure it is just a conflict of some kind with the crammy boy download but I don't know how to fix it and it is just bazzar. Any suggestions?
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 09:04:05 pm »

:toothy10:  well I don't have that mod so...is there different ones for different ep's?

vikvac49

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 10:28:02 pm »

I don't think so. It is just so strange to see the women like this and they can' t get pregnant either.
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 08:32:53 am »

I know I've seen this issue before, but cannot remember how to solve.  Pretty sure there is a question RE this at MTS.  You could try searching with those keywords in there help...

vikvac49

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 09:28:19 am »

Thanks so much for all your help and advise. I went ahead and just reinstalled all the games. I installed this time on the app. folder instead of just moving the game there and lo and behold the game works!!! No more woman-man. Lol. Downloads and hacks work also. I'm back to playing and loving it. Vikki
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 09:22:11 pm »

Your welcome.  Glad you got the game working.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: