Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 03:34:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Camera rotating in the opposite direction  (Read 1795 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JudeMG

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2008, 09:34:00 pm »

I'm having a weird problem and I've done numerous searches but can't find any solution. My in-game camera has suddenly gone wonky in that when I click on the arrows to change the view, the camera actually tracks in the opposite direction.

It's very disorienting because I'm clicking to go left, and the camera turns right, and so on. It just started happening, and I can't figure out why. I've also had trouble recently in that the view seems to be too high; for example, I can't see my sims' thought bubbles unless I zoom way out.

I have to admit that I've always had a bit of trouble controlling the camera, but this is really, really frustrating.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 06:37:48 am »

maybe the "use sims1 camera" setting in game settings is on? (I'm not completely sure of the name, but it should say something like that)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
JudeMG

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 09:53:45 pm »

I'll check that, thanks. It seems to be getting worse, since now I can't make the camera level out anymore by using the middle mouse button. I'm afraid my neighborhood's so big and so full of errors at this point that everything's starting to go. Sad

I don't understand why they'd make the game so that you can't get permanently rid of the sims you don't want so they don't clog up your game. This way, the neighborhood keeps growing and growing until there's no more place for it to go. Makes no sense to me.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 11:46:02 pm »

have you ever downloaded a camera hack? that  might be the problem, especially if you've installed a new EP that the hack don't support.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
JudeMG

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 08:20:03 am »

No, no camera hack ever. I hadn't done anything new to the game before this happened --but I had noticed that the camera view was higher than it should be and I couldn't seem to get it back down to normal, even using the mouse wheel. Now, as I said, I can't use it at all.

I think what I'll probably have to end up doing is extracting all the sims I really like with SimPE and then starting all over. It kills me to think of losing my beloved neighborhood that I've been building for almost a year now, but I don't know what else to do.

Thanks so much for trying to help, theraven, I really do appreciate it.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 12:00:38 pm »

I suspect somehow a camera mod hitchhiked into your game on a downloaded house.  I had those exact symptoms with Gunmod's camera mod.  Try using DDO (Delphy's Download Organizer, from MTS2) to see if you can find it.

Suggestion if you have to do the old uninstall and reinstall: Package all but one lot with the lot packager.  Write down how much money each family had. Move all the Sims you want to keep into one house, so they'll keep their relationships.  Write down all their names!  Package that lot from the neighborhood screen.  Close the game.  Open each lot with CleanInstaller.  From all the houses you intend to have "unpopulated," uncheck anything to do with the Sims that previously lived there, as well as any downloaded content.  Save with a different name!  From the lot with all the Sims, uncheck anything to do with the Sims that are not on your list, as well as any downloaded content.  Save with a different name!  Move all the modified packaged lot files to a safe place, like a folder on your Desktop.  Move your entire Downloads folder to your Desktop.  Then unistall and reinstall.  Put your Downloads back in.  Use Clean Installer to install all your lots.  Start the game and make a new hood.  Place all your lots.  Open the one with all the Sims and use the phone to move them out in their original family groups.  Go back to the neighborhood screen and use the family funds cheat to fix up their money from your notes.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: