Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:58:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life- EP 8?  (Read 61666 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2008, 01:10:19 pm »

SVT - I suppose yes - I am not versed in all the subtle mods available for TS2, MissDoh or Inge would know far better, let's hope they chime in.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
jason7871

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2008, 09:54:24 pm »

Hey! Just my thought what they said about taking care of meddlesome neighbors, could loosely have a connection or aspect of the original sims 1 game Makin' Magic combined with the sims2 apartment life. Even considering out of their own mouths; they said one Ep would be a new take and/or remake of an original sims 1 game and one would be a totally new game. Again just speculation, mixed with confusion, added to a conudrum, wrapped around some highly complexed enigmas............... LOL
And on the BBS in The Sims 2 Apartnet Life they said to speculate. LOL
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 09:57:11 pm by jason7871 » Logged
lisa-bee

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2008, 09:24:16 am »

This sounds so cool. I am gonna love this expansion.

Lisa

Patience is a virtue I have yet to learn!
Vasculio

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2008, 03:31:18 am »

It would be awsome... if we had the option to turn our home lot into a community lot.
Instead of forcing us to make or select existing ones. That option could be added to this expansion.

*praying*

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Do you want to run this ship?
Jayne Cobb: Yes!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: [caught off guard] Well... you can't...
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2008, 11:37:53 am »

hmmm.. like having more families in one building... I do that in my game with small families or signles.. just 2-3 floor appartment buildings and lock the door for everyone else but the family...Smiley

Check my sims out!
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2008, 03:15:39 am »

Apartment life... are you KIDDING ME?? WHY?
This will inevitably end up in the "lame" bin with OFB.
I just dont think it will be viable... seeing as the amount of sims on a lot slow it down that much... on an average pc more than 8 people already slow the game down, imagine 4 families of 3-4 sims..? thats crazy. and weird.

This seems to be just another previously introduced idea that they kinda recycled... think 'dorms'... Ive never had any interest with playing those horrorshows. Also, this brings to mind the 'home business' part of OFB. anyone who ever tried that and liked it, raise your hand. The flock of people that descend on your poor house and invade your house and privacy... its just way too much. Dont go there, and sure as HELL dont go near Apartment Life!

What is WRONG with EA?! Do they not listen? Do they just not care what will bring them in the most money..? Why rely on your sheep ('dont worry, we've got them so hooked, they'll buy anything!'), when you can actually try and do something worthwhile for once?

Im NOT saying they should remake Makin Magic for TS2. But take that as an example. People have been crying out for that since TS2 was released. Why dont they explore their options there like they did with Pets when people cried for that?
Kudos for trying a "new idea" ep, EA - but seriously... apartment life..?
Vasculio

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2008, 07:18:08 pm »

Quote from: ThamiCappuccino;1220758
You mean something with a different effect of the changelotzoning cheat?

Yea... it would be great for me, because i'm mostly a legit player.

If not.. thats okay. Theres a small emty shop i can buy out to make into a my store instead.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Do you want to run this ship?
Jayne Cobb: Yes!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: [caught off guard] Well... you can't...
DevilishCherry

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 02:38:51 am »

Apartment Life would be great, I'm hoping they'll release it for their Stories Series as well. My Pc just can't handle Sims 2 + ep's + all the cc I dl >.<
fway

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2008, 04:26:24 am »

Ohh, as I've said over @ S2C, I truly hope that we get to sell our homes with OFB! As well, I hope we can rent out two spaces in our apartments, one part well the apartment, and the second a home business. Also, I hope we get to rent out a part of a "mall space" so we don't have to go through the hassle of running 500 stores on one lot, ohhh that'd also mean we're competing with other businesses on that one lot Cheesy I'm already getting my hopes up. :rofl:

vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2008, 05:20:44 am »

Superstar and Making Magic are both very much wanted by community members on all sites,so I don't think wi'll get them on sims2,they are maybe saving them for sims3.
I'm a slave under this game so I'll buy every sim game(EPs,not SPs)the rest of my life,LOL.
And I agree with Tomkat,what kind of PCs are we going to need?
Is EA getting provision from the PC sells?(My english is so poor).

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
twoftmama

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2008, 09:37:56 pm »

AL sounds really interesting, but then again so did OFB which got boring in less than a week. Most of the creators of my fave mods have retired, so I doubt I'll be getting AL, unless I see lots of posts saying how great it is. Then I'll decide whether or not I can live without my mods.

As for Sims 3, all I can say is Yuck!!! I am a serious control freak, (I play with Free Will off...), and I don't want my Sims doing whatever the hell they please. I want them to do what I want, when I want. LOL I typically start a family, get all the kids to teen, and send them to college. Then I play the teens through college by age (birth order). When they graduate I play the parents to grave. Then rotate through the households. If time progresses for them when I'm on another lot, then I'm toast. LOL I want time to stop for my Simmies when my RL calls.

I have wasted my money on several console versions of the Sims. They aren't fun with specific goals/challenges. I want to challenge myself. If that is what EA is going for, they can count me out!

verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2008, 02:25:18 am »

Maybe AL will be showing a little blink of the new "freedom" the sims will have in Sims3.
Like being able to walk around town and greeting and meeting other Sims, hmm, then it could be interesting to see how they make different families selectable in one appartement block.
Do they have only the memories of having met their neighbors, or is it the same time and season on one block?
I´m curious and looking forward to any news. If I can´t get along with the new style, I´l keep on playing Sims 2 till I drop. Cheesy
hotbeeyatch

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2008, 05:00:55 pm »

I am apparently in a small minority here. My sister and I have been wanting to have actual apartments since Uni came out. We were so excited to hear about EP8. I think if they manage to pull it off properly (and I know that's a big if) I think it will be great!

I also see people talking about Superstar and Makin' Magic, and how they are hoping for Sims 2 EPs in that vein. I am now in a very small minority when I say, I hope they don't. I thought they were the two worst EPs from the Sims 1. I would rather see new content than just recycling old ideas.
dradra1995

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2008, 10:40:38 am »

What if that brochure thing is fake? Sorry if this has already been said... i didn't read the entire post.

I desperately need siimers Admins for Draven Sims 2
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2008, 11:09:22 am »

That's a good concern, but it's not fake. My best friend just bought the Sims 2 yesterday (finally, after much coercing ^_^) and that exact same brochure was in hers. It's definitely not fake.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: