Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 05:02:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life- EP 8?  (Read 62583 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2008, 12:28:20 am »

One of the things that really bothered me about TS2 was how basic it was when it first started. For me, a game sequel should have at least the same features as the first, but TS2 came with only straight stairs, no openable windows, etc. I hope they revamp the stairs system for this one, or at least include some decent spiral/curved/bent stairs for those who like a little more variety. As for this alleged EP, I'm all for it! I'd love to have my sims live in an apartment, that would be rad.
tweeter

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2008, 01:43:19 pm »

I'm really stoked about this new EP.  I've wanted proper apartments for ages now, and if they manage to get it right, I can see it becoming one of my fave EPs (yes, I actually loved the dorm thing from University).

With regard to TS3 - I'm not in the slightest bit excited about it - there's too much life left in TS2 to be bothered about a new game.  The screens I've seen don't jump out as brilliant and I'm sure it'll take a PC of NASA proportions to run it on.

"Strange is just a different point of view"
raindrops84

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2008, 03:34:54 pm »

In my opinion appartment life didn't need to be it's own EP. There are only a few key features like Landlords and rent system and such to really make it work...This could easily have been added with OFB no? It would have gone well with the theme too (and I had also expected this feature to come with OFB back in the day) :-P
Spiral staircases, I got as a CC a lil while ago.
Ceilings sound like a neat idea though so they do have my curiosity on that one...

Oh sims 3..... I am not ready for it yet, I finally feel like I have a good collection of CC that I love and I am not willing to give it up just yet...

Keep your words soft and tender for tomorrow you may have to eat them ~ Author Unknown

Join the fight against SecuROM-> http://reclaimyourgame.com/
DocFX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2008, 04:03:56 pm »

Hmmm?, I really hope it's just not a case of throwing 'Uni' & 'Urbz' together to make a quick buck and/or to drum up a bit more interest in the brand - before ramming 'TS-3' down our throats!... Shocked

Just one more go!.. Wink
Empathy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2008, 06:39:43 pm »

I always look on bright side of sims 2 expansion packs but im like :O nooooooo what the heck is this [poo] theyre giving me?? but i like the appartment and why is there so much negativity about open for business i love it lol. Maybe because im a business student but awell innit!!

Does anyone know if a friend could "move in" into the flat with you??
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2008, 03:41:02 am »

though i'm not opposed to the apartment ep, i would have liked to see a mm ep out first... a loooooong time ago, actually. i mentioned it sometime after ofb came out. had it named and all. personally, i'm one of the least likely to buy s3 simply because 1 all the cc for s2 has given me a god complex, 2 my pc probably can't handle it, and 3 i can't afford a new one if it can't. plus, there's the bug aspect and the fact that this so called 'upgrade' wasn't needed when all they really had to do to keep customers happy was keep making eps. and no, i don't include their selected sheeple. they don't count.

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
SuperFake

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2008, 05:58:01 am »

Well, sounds much more interesting than EP7. But if they really want to make me happy, they should release some kind of great-complete-overall-patch for all EP's. Or some kind of real-life-fix with adults behaving like adults again (and not pillowfighting all the time, for example) or even "more" adult, it's time for sims to get drunken and smoking cigarettes and taking drugs and having real problems (instead of wants like "buy me a toy" and "wanna play on the couch").
veralex

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2008, 05:34:25 pm »

You took the words right out of my mouth!
I wonder what kind of preparation or trendspotting EAxis does before working on EPs (uhmmm...reading sims-related forums? No, no, too simple....must be Tarot-cards or the flight of the swallows), as far as i can see, with my limited knowledge, there could be made lots of money with a rated 16 or 18 version, that provides adult behaviour (where teens can woohoo from the beginning without mod, for example, like they do all over the world -sigh- ),
and with themed EPs too, that contain consequent and concludent overrides for in-game-structure (cars, schoolbus, service, etc.).
That could be SciFi (i do miss the teleporterstairs of Sims1), Western, Medieval, Victorian, the 50s, those i'd buy all.
Or other themes i noticed recently, like sufficient farming (a real deal petEP) or hospital. But obviously EA wants to keep it rated 0. They are not keeping customers happy that way, at least not for long. Instead they (indirectly) make the customers do, what should be their job, and i bet, they're complaining about so much mods and hacks circulating, in addition.
Absurd, isn't it?

Around 80 worlds in 1 day...
raindrops84

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2008, 03:05:44 pm »

Oh I totally agree with you both! I would be in heaven if they made an 18+ version of the Sims. LOL! I would buy that expansion pack over Apartments any day!

I doubt they would make it but I still wish they made it as an ep so that people could CHOOSE to have those aspects in the game if they wanted to.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 03:13:57 pm by raindrops84 » Logged

Keep your words soft and tender for tomorrow you may have to eat them ~ Author Unknown

Join the fight against SecuROM-> http://reclaimyourgame.com/
ForeverCamp

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2008, 12:14:32 am »

So when I bought my K&B SP last week, I always look at the leaflet inside to see what's coming out next... And I literally squealed in delight when I saw APARTMENTS! I've been wanting apartments in the game for so long - I've tried to make my own, but the stupid people keep invading each other's spaces. I'm sure there's a mod or hack out there somewhere for it, but I try to keep my hacks and mods to a minimum to avoid conflict (Just the well-known staples: InSim, InTeen, ACR; and a few fixes).

As for Sims 3... Took a look at the previews for it when I first heard about it, and I'm not entirely sure I'm ready to give up the few hundred dollars I've spent on Sims 2 to go Sims 3. For what they're offering - sure, more flexible CAS would be nice, don't really care about the moving-from-lot-to-lot thing... I really don't see much of a difference.

We're a million strong and getting stronger still
They'll remember we were here
With a million voices breaking silence 'til
They'll remember we were here
:headbang:
Million Voices, BarlowGirl
Ultravixen

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2008, 12:45:57 am »

Quote from: SuperFake;1252923
Well, sounds much more interesting than EP7. But if they really want to make me happy, they should release some kind of great-complete-overall-patch for all EP's. Or some kind of real-life-fix with adults behaving like adults again (and not pillowfighting all the time, for example) or even "more" adult, it's time for sims to get drunken and smoking cigarettes and taking drugs and having real problems (instead of wants like "buy me a toy" and "wanna play on the couch").

I second that.

Sim Idol 2008 - 4th | Picture Perfect - Mentor
Ultravixen's Simmies
courtneybby
my cat eats wooden tables

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2008, 04:32:20 am »

Quote from: Ultravixen;1258532
I second that.

I thought that.
SuperFake

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2008, 08:39:53 am »

It's awesome. I'm building up a whole city for years now, and everyone has his own charakter, his own story, his own family and traditions, his own job and intererests, his own biography, and when those individuals meet in the park, what do they do? Throwing waterballons and dancing the hula dance... the 80 years old mayor, the 0-points-playful general- the only person not  behavin like a child is Mrs. Crumplebotton. Thanks, EA. Don't want to know what appartment life does my town. Although I think things cannot become worse, but that's what I thought after EP1 and EP 2 and...
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2008, 11:39:21 am »

Unless my eyes are decieving me it looks like Apartment Life is going to have aspects of Makin' Magic. Check it out!
http://www.infinitesims.com/component/zoom/?catid=162

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
grad3zer0

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2008, 12:09:03 pm »

Personally I hope they add alot more content to Apartment Life than well.....apartments, because the apartment hack from simlogical has been workin' out pretty good for me so far.

"I like him, he says okie dokie."
~Dean Winchester
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: