Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:43:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life- EP 8?  (Read 61655 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
FlowerMisty

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 04:11:31 pm »

I like this idea after reading the survey options, since its basically the Urbz for The Sims 2. The Urbz was the only console Sim game I really liked. It was a different concept(or setting rather) for sim game made up of a random set of mission based objectives. And the whole reputation and new social interactions in the Urbz made it entertaining to play and replay on occasion. Cool

I think the team might be worried about remaking Magic and Superstar, with those themes being optional rather than something the game needs like weather, pets, and hobbies; in order to be a more true-to-life life simulator.  Or at least things you can't argue against the game having them. They don't hinder people playing their neighborhoods they way they want with all the themes I've seen: retroville, Flintstones, medieval, etc. But Makin' Magic may be troublesome to those who play their game realistically. Superstar, hmm I see no problems. Personally, give me both remakes in a dual "TS2:Classic" expansion and I'll take back anything bad I've said about EA in the past 3 weeks. Cheesy

TS3, I hope something happens to it too. :muahaha: I have very little interest in it, and I've work quite hard over the years to make my neighborhood the way I want it. I'm not ready to do that all over again, especially with seamless aging in the mix.

Sim Stories: Coming Soon! :shh:
Sim Contests: Picture Perfect, Part of Your World, ANTM: Remixed Cycle 4, Mr. & Mrs. Rock 'n' Roll, King & Queen of the Screen, Age of Love, Creature Feature 2, MOTS: Winter, Happily Ever After, Mr. World.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 09:00:37 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1207991
- so let's pray for major disaster to strike TS3

It is so sad that we want to see TS3 fail to launch but there you have it! People on this thread mentioned wanting to see the return of Makin' Magic and Superstar for TS2. If Superstar would make a return, then I'd like to see a personal audio/video studio where a sim can record a song, make an indie film and what have you. Of the objects that were in Superstar originally, I'd like to see the return of the "swin in aquarium". I always that that was the coolest thing!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Vasculio

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2008, 12:06:35 am »

If there had to be another ep after Appartment. I'd say Make'n Magic would be my choice. I love the whole magic theme. Plus i wanna see Vikki Vampress and her circus friends again...

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Do you want to run this ship?
Jayne Cobb: Yes!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: [caught off guard] Well... you can't...
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2008, 11:48:49 pm »

I have been told - and this is purely a contengency plan not even yet in development - if The Sims 3 experiences a major set back, that 2 more EPs are listed as possibles; no details whatsoever, just a "back-up plan" - so let's pray for major disaster to strike TS3
You're one of the top tech geeks here.  Can't you send a virus or hack into EAxis or something?

Or is my mind going broke because it's almost midnight?

Sigs are for smokers.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 12:26:49 am »

PegasusDiana - I can't get any more "solid" rumours here :lol:

Tallsimsfan - you mean like "someone" did to Valve with Half-Life 2?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
ThatScaryChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 04:19:03 pm »

I really am excited and looking forward to Apartment Life, but I am afraid that it is going to be buggy. Hopefully this EP isn't just some rush job to make some more money...who am I kidding. :-(

kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2008, 08:45:56 pm »

As many have said, there is so much that can still be done in TS2 that Apartment Life should not be the last EP. Here is a question. If they are so close together, why are they called "apart-ments"? Sorry old joke but I'm an old man!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
kattenijin

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2008, 09:07:42 pm »

I have been told...that 2 more EPs are listed as possibles...

Quote from: PegasusDiana;1208813
Have you been nosing around EA's game lounge too? I went yesterday and from the looks of it your contact is correct. When the guy from Prima said it wasn't the last EP, I thought maybe one more but it looks like they still have two more EP's after Apartment life they're considering releasing. Or maybe I'm understanding that wrong, that's why I asked if you've been looking also. When they're asking if people would be interested in a couple more EP's after EP 8 is released...to me that means they already have them done or in the works? Yes? No?

From what I understand the base game was configured with 10 "slots" for expansions. It would make sense to me to use all 10 just from a point of making money; as I'm sure there will be a large number of people waiting on buying Sims3. Heck, if you got a cow that's still giving milk, why kill it?

I already know personally that I'm not going to like aspects of Sims3. I prefer to controll ALL my sims, ALL the time. I don't want them doing more "on their own" than already happens in Sims2. The whole concept of all sims moving a day forward at the same time, when you can only controll one household at a time makes me po-ed.

Q: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A: A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. Duh! Smiley
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2008, 03:27:58 pm »

Quote from: kattenijin;1212639
From what I understand the base game was configured with 10 "slots" for expansions. It would make sense to me to use all 10 just from a point of making money; as I'm sure there will be a large number of people waiting on buying Sims3. Heck, if you got a cow that's still giving milk, why kill it?

I already know personally that I'm not going to like aspects of Sims3. I prefer to controll ALL my sims, ALL the time. I don't want them doing more "on their own" than already happens in Sims2. The whole concept of all sims moving a day forward at the same time, when you can only controll one household at a time makes me po-ed.

Thank you for that information. I really don't care too much what happens to the townies I hardly ever play them. But if I'm investing my time in a family or 6 families I want to know what's going on in their lives. I don't want to come back and they have 6 more children I know they can't support. Or their career has taken a nose dive. They've lost friends. Or worse, they're dead. Does that make sense? I like the idea of the townies growing with them that's why I like the BFF thing in Freetime. It's weird when you have the same children playing/coming home from school with great-great grandchildren and they're still children. I don't even mind when Sims go and do things without me in control. But I don't want the game making major decisions in their little AI lives.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
E'Claire

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2008, 03:36:03 pm »

I'm not particularly fussed about the Sims 3. They don't look right. I think EAxis is trying too hard to recreate the success of Sims 2 and they're going in the wrong direction.
Personally I'd love a couple more EP's and a few SP's too as I don't think I shall be getting Sims 3 until there's a load of custom content available. I find the format of the Sims too limiting to play without hacks and stuff.
And I agree Diana. I don't think I could hack having my Sims dying whilst I was off the lot or gaining another three kids which I don't want them to have. Yes, it would be nice for them to age at the same rate as the Sims I'm playing, hence why I also like the aging thing that came with Freetime, but from another angle I enjoy being able to control all their lives and not just part of it.
So yay to Sims 3 going drastically wrong! Wink
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2008, 06:35:58 pm »

Quote from: PegasusDiana;1213416
It's weird when you have the same children playing/coming home from school with great-great grandchildren and they're still children.

That is why I love FT so much. I love growing up the townie kids with my family sim kids.  Very useful for sims that get pregnant by townies and now I don't have to make them playable to grow them to elders.  The only problem now, what happens when the playable elder dies, or the children are now elders. Should I make them playable and let them die naturally or kill them off at the same time the playable friend die?

Same thing with teen townies, should I play them thru Uni or send them to Uni and use Inge's transporter plus painting and turn them to Uni townies? Oh my, decisions, decisions. LOL Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2008, 06:55:11 pm »

lol@You! I actually did that once! I took every teen in the neighborhood and made them go to Uni, played them through. Of course the game regenerated them all. So I then had great grandchildren with the same sim teens. But at least the great-great grandparents teens were all gone. lol We can't win...

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2008, 09:14:11 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1211751

Holy crap.  I'm not sure what to say about that.  A part of me doesn't really care, but another part of me is like "pretty cool".

Sigs are for smokers.
kattenijin

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2008, 01:39:59 am »

Quote from: E'Claire;1213425
I think EAxis is trying too hard to recreate the success of Sims 2 and they're going in the wrong direction.

Well, of course they are trying to recreate their success, after all Sims2 is based on the break-away success of Sims1! The direction I feel they are taking is they are trying to market the game to their console customer as well as the pc customer. The bulk of EA game sales is still console based, with the pc games taking a far second. All they want to do is expand the market share and get more $$$. Of course, they are also listening to all the sheeple BAA! BAA! at the official exchange forum, most of whom are either twelve, or so scared of putting any cc or mods in their game for fear of getting a virus.

Q: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A: A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. Duh! Smiley
SVT

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2008, 08:33:41 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1206308
Thank you for that post, Junin, that pretty much cinches it then - Apartment Life is the 8th EP, even if they change the name, it will be dealing with multi-family residences.

Maybe it will have stacks of flats that operate a bit like the university dorms or Bon Voyage hotels: you control one or more Sims in one or more flats and the rest gets greyed out. *shrug*QUOTE]

I've made a request for that... I could have waited!
Isn't it technically possible for the modders to do that, using the dorm lot as basis, "just" changing the allowed resident characters?

:stop:SECUROM MUST BE DESTROYED:stop:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: