Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:32:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Leopard+Sims 2  (Read 4622 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Simz

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2008, 01:05:00 pm »

Hi, my dad brought home leopard a few days ago but before wwe install it, I got a question. Will it work? Will Woohoo work? And will I still have all my sims data? Anything would be great.

I have always hated the darkness.
The darkness within the human soul.
Within my soul.
I have always hated a part of myself.
~Raven
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 10:18:31 pm »

Sims works on Leopard.  You may have to reinstall everything.  Actually since you now install in your Applications folder you probably will have to reinstall. Make sure to back up on an external anything you want to keep, as I've heard not everything transfers over all in one piece.  

As to WooHoo, I don't have Leopard, well actually I do I just haven't been able to upgrade it due to school.  But anyway so far no reports on how it works.  Try it.  Let us know.

Simz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 09:11:03 am »

Ok. I'll try it.

Within my soul.
~Raven
Undercoat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 09:00:13 pm »

My Tiger fell over and unfortunately I stuffed up the reinstall. So I upgraded to Leopard. As far as Leopard goes it works well. I think reinstalling must have defragged the system and improved the performance. I miss some of my Tiger applications, some I think I am glad that they have gone as I was sure that they were turning themselves on at inappropriate moments and stuffing up the game.

The first reinstall which i somehow stuffed up I could not get the Sims 2 to work at all. I could see the data there but the applications would not open.

After the upgrade to Leopard. The Sims 2 back up copy worked once again at least as well as it did before and so far so good. I have installed all EPs up to BV, the first patch and the combo patch. Not too bad for a G4 but my video card is the weakest link. Sometimes it runs sooo slowly and freezes. I have one problem in one neighbourhood with one family with a jump bug which I had before when everything went ummm haywire. I may get round to fixing it one day. IPhoto is not working for some reason but I don't need that for the sims.

Currently getting used to the new functionality in Leopard. My sims have been on holiday so to speak but not on BV.

WooHoo - the most useful feature in WooHoo was the Backup which I think tidies up the files. I was not able to use any other features for any practical purpose but it was fun looking at the files in more detail. Not sure if  WooHoo works under Leopard. The Activity Monitor says that it is ticking over but it seems so slow. It seems to be stuck on 'Initializing' and then I give up on it. Oo Oo oo just as I wrote that WooHoo kicked in and Backup worked. Nooo must have a corrupt file it quit unexpectedly. Must get back to the game now; excuse me for babbling on thanks for listening.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 06:31:01 am »

HugeLunatic why haven't you been able to update? Shouldn't be a problem at all.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Simz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 08:08:34 am »

Sorry, i haven't been able to install yet guys, i've SO busy.

Within my soul.
~Raven
yeegreen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 09:47:43 am »

yep simz2luvr22 all the sims games work but woohoo doesnt work ........ SORRY.

Note:
PACKAGE INSTALER RECOMENDS A POWER PC PROCESSOR RUNNING AT 500 MHz OR FASTER, thats why i cant instal insimenator downloads.

IF YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT MEET THE RECOMENDED PROCESSOR SPEED REQUIRMENT THE GAME WILL SUFFER AS A REULT AND ASPRY TECH SUPPORT WILL NOT BE ABLE THE ASSIST THIS MATTER

strong words dont you think?

and yes you will have all your sim data if you go from tiger to leoperd
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 09:50:08 am by yeegreen » Logged

Life is like a walking cat ~ Nanami Feung Hanfanyo & Akihito Wan Kangino  (my mother & father)

In memory of my mother & father Nanami Feung Hanfanyo & Akihito Wan Kangino who both died May 9 1:37 AM *CRY SOD
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 11:58:11 pm »

Mi-Chii I wasn't able to update during the semester.  I didn't want to take the chance of the install of windows getting corrupted as well.  All my classes are online, and require windows sometimes.

As to WooHoo and Leopard...it works...  I have finally upgraded to Leopard on my macbook pro, and WooHoo seems to open packages the same way as before with no issues.  It actually seemed to open the program faster in Leopard than it did in Tiger.  I have yet to install TS2 on here.  Classes start in a couple weeks, so I probably won't be able to.

qtpie3552

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 10:21:52 pm »

I have a question. It's not really about the original question but it is about the sims and leopard. So I have leopard and I really wanted to put sims on it cuz it would be faster. So I did but when I build or play the screen will like flash spots of blue. It won't go away!! Can anyone tell me how to fix it? If you can, thank you so much!

Edit: The blue screen thing only happens if I click on or use any of the foundation tools. Otherwise I'm fine but please tell me how to fix it. I would like to use the foundation!!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 11:16:56 pm by qtpie3552 » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: