Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 09:04:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any insight?  (Read 2048 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Belongstoasailor

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2008, 05:31:36 am »

My game has started doing this:

Everything will be fine, then all of a sudden spikey things shoot out of my sim, then this weird body shape fills in instead of the clothes.  My baby grew up into a toddler without a head.  A neighbor came to visit and during his visit, his hair disappeared.  All is well when I exit the lot and re-enter a new lot.  But tonight a brand new lot started doing it, too. Sad

I really am at a loss for what could be causing this.  Maybe we need a new video card?  

Thanks for your time. :happy8:

* Britt *
Proud USN Wife

:love6:
fatimatillah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:51:52 am »

Err... Did you download mods that are for EPs that you don't have? Or whatever mods you have... List the mods that you have downloaded... Hmm... Maybe the video card didn't have anything to do with it. Video cards don't make your game all freaky and creepy. On second thought, the video card could also be relevant. Maybe some mods got mixed together and formed super-weirdness into your game... Maybe you installed/added something on your PC before this started. Or maybe there's some sort of virus that got into your PC... Did you do something with your PC before this happened? (That Sim looks creepy that way... Nightmares!!! And the disappearance of the neighbors hair seemed kinda... I dunno.) You can scan your computer, just to be sure. All of the stuff I said are maybes. I am not assuming that what I am saying could be the problem(s). I hope this weirdness doesn't get much worse. Smiley

I Cats!!! :cat: <(^_^)>
Belongstoasailor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 03:00:50 pm »

Well, I have a couple Mods.  

I have InSim, the new version for BV.  
I have Squinge's Wear Anything While Pregnant.
I have the No Autonomous Water Balloon Fight.
And I have the Pizza on a Counter mod.

That's it. Sad

* Britt *
Proud USN Wife

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 04:05:06 pm »

What is your most current expansion pack? If it is FreeTime, you need to take Insim, Squinge's Wear Anything While Pregnant and maybe the No Autonomous Water Ballon Fight out. Insim hasn't been updated for FreeTime and could be unsupported for now. There is a new object similar to Insim called Sim Blender, which you can pick up at Simbology. Twojeffs also updated that Squinge mod at the same site.

If you don't have FreeTime, let us know what your current expansion pack you have. All I can think of is that one of those mods is not compatible.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Belongstoasailor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 06:30:55 pm »

I have:
Base Game, Uni, Night Life, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons and Bon Voyage.

Fun packs:
Celebrations, Holidays, Glamour Life and Family Fun.

I just ran a system check with Norton and they didn't find anything hinky in my computer.  I'm going to yank all the mods except for the InSim because I know I downloaded the right version for BV.  Could it not be working right because InSim is suppose to work with Teen Stuff and H&M Stuff packs?

I just don't know why it's doing this. Sad

* Britt *
Proud USN Wife

elpemmy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 06:14:33 am »

Norton antivirus you say? That causes a couple of problems in game, although that's supposed to be just game crashing. Try playing the game with Norton disabled, and see what it does.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: