Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:04:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Screen of Death  (Read 2957 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
elpemmy

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2008, 05:51:23 am »

I'm only getting this when I play sims, and it's worrying me, because it happened twice in one day. The only thing I can tell is that it's a problem with my nv4_disp.dll, which is my nVidia driver. I have the nVidia 7600 GS.
Do I need a new driver? We only installed one last week, cause we had to buy a new hard drive for the computer, the old one was breaking. I've had no other problems with this, and as it's the easter hols, I've been on it around 12 hrs a day. I've not played sims for a long time (like the 4 hours yesterday, when I lost everything, then lost everything again!) but I have played oblivion for long periods of time, so I'm not entirely sure. I've heard that I'm supposed to turn off my anti-virus before playing, but I'm not sure about that, since I often have internet running in the backround while playing, and I have AVG free, and the problem appears to lie with Norton Antivirus.
Also, if it is a problem with AVG, how do I turn it off, and disconnnect from the net so I won't get viruses?
Some advice please?
Hacks I have: Inteen (freetime), Pescado's Humble choice hack, Sim Wardrobe predestined hobby adjuster, and the freetime aspiration critical fix.
EPs: Nightlife, Open for Business, Bon Voyage, Freetime, all are patched, unless freetime didn't update the previous games.
SPs: Teen Style, H&M
Much appreciated,
Em
If you need more information please ask!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 06:01:10 am by elpemmy » Logged

pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 10:56:25 am »

If there is a new version of your driver available, download and install it.

Also try minimize the amount of programs you have running in the background - they take memory away from your game.
elpemmy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 11:24:53 am »

I tried earlier without internet connected, and anti virus off, and no problems whatsoever! My drivers are definitely updated, only got 'em last week!
People: AVG also causes this crash!

megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 01:09:24 pm »

this may be a silly question but- did you uninstall the old drivers,
before installing the new ones?

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
elpemmy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 09:30:04 am »

Well, we had to buy a new hard drive, and get rid of the old hard drive, so everything got wiped, including windows.

kalynn06

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 03:09:36 pm »

You might have a look at this article: http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:nVidia_Blue_Screen_Issue  and see if either of the fixes help you.  I'm running a similar configuration (7600 GT with AVG) and have had no problems even with shaders onsince I used a driver cleaner to clear out the old drivers and then reinstalled the latest one.

"All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it." ~ Samuel Butler

You can find more of my stuff at MTS2
HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 04:27:57 pm »

I used to get the BSOD CONSTANTLY when I had Seasons installed,and it drove me crazy,I could barely play the game,after I got my new harddrive I installed a driver update,and now I can finally play Seasons again with no problems:angel:Perhaps you need an update,it sure worked for me

Lover of lederhosen
axron27

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 07:18:23 pm »

When I had a Nvidia 7600 card my sims 2 game crashed constantly after I started using EPs after Night Life. The problem is 128 mb video is not enough once one starts using OFB or higher EPs. The Sims 2 is a pig on video resources. I now use an Nvidia 8600 256 mb card and I no longer have that problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: