Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 04:27:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Offer Clothes without The Sim?  (Read 1956 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Kivak

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2008, 06:16:28 pm »

There has to be an easy way to do this. Because people do it but I can't find it someone told me Clean Installer does this but I can't figure it out.
TIA
Kivak

There is one thing in this world you can give others and still keep, and that is knowledge.
Ok maybe I will find a better siggy for now, keep on rockin!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 09:52:04 pm »

Kivak

When you complete a new Body SHape project, the final version of the file is saved in the SavedSims folder

~(My) Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\SavedSims

When you started the project you gave the project a name, for our illustration, let's use MyNewClothes

Youw would then look in the SavedSims folder for a new file named something like 12345678_MyNewClothes.package - in the part of the file name 12345678 you will find a random arrangement of the following numbers and letters:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 A B C D E F

The complete file is ALWAYS in the SavedSims folder - never in the Projects folder, BodyShop saves a sort of "open project" version there that does not work.

If you aren't sure which is which in the SavedSims folder - you can make a sim in BodyShop, save it to your desktop, then extract only the "clothing" category items to a safe location to create your ZIP/RAR file (just uncheck everything but the clothing and install to the folder you are using for the ZIP/RAR - be sure to delete the "extra" .package that Sims2Pack Clean Installer adds to the name)

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Kivak

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 08:38:32 pm »

That makes a lot of sense and easily done.

I work with a lot of meshes like yours that people dont want destributed.

I don't know why any of the skinning tutorials I have read have covered this.

It should be in them.

Kivak

There is one thing in this world you can give others and still keep, and that is knowledge.
Ok maybe I will find a better siggy for now, keep on rockin!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: