Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:07:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XM Sims? Dissappearing Hair!?  (Read 3537 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Arialonomus

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2008, 06:48:36 pm »

I've been kind of lackluster in the Sims community for awhile now, and I haven't been on to many of the smaller sites in the past couple of months (I'd say it's been since December or November '07 since I went to this sight I'm speaking of). So recently, I got a new computer and installed Sims 2. I migrated my CC by way of burning to disc.

And off topic, I don't know if this is just me or it happenes to all, NEVER DO THIS! IT MAKES THE CC UNREADABLE AND YOU'D HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ALMOST ALL OF IT.

Anyway I went to do so, and I eventually worked my way to XMSims.com (formerly .net I believe) and OMFG, some (almost half of the female and a chunk of the male) of the HAIR is gone not to mention the sights been redone and now has brighter colors and about a BAGILLION more ads then nessecary...

Anyway, I have two reasons for this post, 1: Where has there hair gone, and is it still possible to download it, and 2: What happened to the sight, why is it now .com, ad overrun, and revamped with some of the uploads missing... :blob6:

Science makes everything sound painful.
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 12:53:43 am »

Not sure which ones you are missing, so it's hard to help. Their site was hacked and they had to go through a lot to get it back up. I don't mind the ads since the site is almost all free.

Here is where I go for the hair:

http://xmsims.com/sims2/ehtm/hair/hair01.htm

Instead of one hair per page there is at least two (scroll down a bit). I hope this helps!

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

Shadowkiss19

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 01:06:47 am »

The hair is not gone. There's two hairduo per page and they are reorginizing them. They changed the names of them and not all the links match but I have found all the old style there plus some new ones.
Kab75

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 10:05:14 am »

Quote from: Arialonomus;1209115

I migrated my CC by way of burning to disc.

And off topic, I don't know if this is just me or it happenes to all, NEVER DO THIS! IT MAKES THE CC UNREADABLE AND YOU'D HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ALMOST ALL OF IT.

This happens to me everytime I have to reformat which is unfortunately often with my old pc. I always back up to disc's.

I just re-install them all in small chunks and make sure the files are not set to "read-only" as most are after burning.

I change them all back to "normal" instead of read-only and they seem to work just fine. Smiley
Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 10:25:36 am »

Oh, there's TWO per page, thanks Smiley

When I posted this I didn't even consider that, plus I was kinda irritable, but anyway thanks.

And... that's right their sight WAS hacked I remember reading about that here.

Science makes everything sound painful.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 07:15:07 pm »

hehe.. I had to find a mesh from that site, and I couldn't understand a thing! it was gone!
I did figure it out, though.... but suddenly having to scroll down on a site you've using for a while, is a bit confusing...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: