Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 09:37:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dazed and confused!  (Read 2523 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Bishopsire

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2008, 06:13:56 pm »

Hello all, just a small(lol) problem here, and this is the only place I can think of to get an answer.  Is there a limit to how much you can download into your game? I recently installed free time and upgraded my video chip and added more memory, but some of my downloads are not showing up in game. I have checked and they have the required meshes and everything but still they don't show up. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance, and love and gratitude to all here.:angel:
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 02:41:43 pm »

there might be a limit, but you have to download a lot to fill it. (I've had over 11 GB installed once, and even though the game was slower than a couple of snails, it still ran). it depends on how much your computer system can take. (I've got an 3 year old somewhat good laptop, all EP/SP's installed and a few gigs of dl's - and also most of the graphics on high. I get messages almost each time I play about minimum memory limit reached or something (512 MB), but I just unclick it and continue playing Wink.

Exactly which downloads don't show up? if it's maxis recolors, you probably need the newest CEP download over at MTS2. it enables recolors for maxis meshes without recolor possibiilities. (just search for CEP).

if it's clothes/hairs/custom furniture, you probably miss some meshes. just go back to the sites you found the hairstyles/clothes, and read what it says about meshes. some follows the download, and some you have to download elsewhere.

some downloads need a certain EP (expansion pack) or SP (stuff pack) to work, so make sure you've got the EP's you need for the download.

there's also the possibility that they've hid somewhere you didn't think they would be.

hope this helps Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 02:48:10 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Bishopsire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 07:09:49 pm »

Dear Raven, it was that I had not taken all of them out of .rar format, and once I did that I was fine.  Thank you for your help
                                        Happy Simming,
                                        Bishopsire
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: