Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:41:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me please =]]  (Read 2102 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hayley705

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2008, 11:05:09 am »

hey =], well about a month ago i brought the sims 2 bon voyage and i installed it and it was fine, then when i put it in to play it wouldnt load up :S Sad anyone know what i can do to solve this problem i really want to play it =] lol

thanks xxxxx
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 03:15:23 pm »

You have never play with Bon Voyage ?

Do you have the launcher when you click on the icon ? If the "play" button don't react you can maybe delete the cache files in My documents / EA Games / The Sims 2 (accessory and groups cache). It can help. Smiley
Annoree

Check out my new site!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 03:26:22 pm »

I got that same problem I think.  When the disc is put in the game doesn't load up on its own anymore for me. (After I installed BV)

Now, I have to click on the icon on the desktop, vista does its usual "aahh noo the program wants to run gimmeyourpermission" thing, and it comes up with a funny launcher.  From there you can tell it to play.

xxx

15 April 2010:  Hey everyone!  I'm sorry to disappear for a while.  My life got busy.  My new site where I will host all my uploads is http://annoree.blogspot.com  ^_^
hayley705

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 07:53:01 pm »

ooh ok thanks for the help ill try it when i get home as i dont have it on me atm =]] i hope it works Cheesy

xx
fyr54

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 09:24:01 pm »

I have a go around because i was having the same problem, mine started with seasons but now also happened with bon voyage:
find your icon on your desktop that you use for launching...
next right click and go to properties...find the shortcut tab at the top of the window..
where it says Target ..EAGames\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSBin\ (launcher exe.)...the ending is all you change...where i have the launcher info.
change the launcher to Sims2EP6.exe'  From then on when you put in your disk all you do is double click the icon to launch from the cd. It worked for me.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 03:14:01 pm »

I have had the same problem since I don't know when, probably OFB but maybe even before.

Each time I remove and then replace the TS2 EP disc I wait and wait and wait. I have always, it seems, had to double click on the desk top icon for the game to finally get going. I have VISTA so I don't know if that's the cause. I don't seem to remember having this with XP.

If I don't need the CD-Rom for anything I just leave the current version of TS2 in the bay. Then all I have to do is double click!

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
gali

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 08:35:17 pm »

It's the Securom fault: whenever you "touch" another application, or even surf on the net - the game won't upload.

Solve:
1) Restart the computer each time you want to play BV.
2) Start the game from "all programs" (don't double-click on the shortcut).

...Very annoying.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 08:47:40 pm »

^ I'm happy I've never noticed any securom faults on my computer. I can quit and restart the game anytime I want, start the game from the short cut, and also be on the net in between playing. (I've got all the EP/SP's).

maybe you should delete the files groups.cache, accessory.cache and cigen.package from the The Sims 2 folder? (might be one more, but since it's not in my game folder right now, I can't remember the name of it) these files can cause trouble with your game, especially when launching the game. they recreate themselves when you play, so don't get worried about deleting them. I've had troubles with those files before, but I could start the game again after deleting them.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:50:40 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: