Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:47:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Headcrab, straight from Half-Life!  (Read 24450 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
The_French_Sim

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2008, 01:20:44 pm »

"A headcrab is a fictional alien parasitoid found in the Half-Life and Half-Life 2 computer game series created by Valve Software. They are the most numerous and arguably most iconic aliens in the series.

A headcrab's primary goal is to attach to the head of a suitable host using its mouth (typically covering the face and most of the head). The headcrab then burrows its claws and hind legs into the host, whereupon it takes control of its victim's body, rendering the unfortunate individual a mindless zombie-like being known as a headcrab zombie.

Once the headcrab is attached, it opens up portions of the skull with its mouth. By incorporating parts of its biological workings with the motor cortex of the host's nervous system, it is able to utilize motor functions of the host."

Charming, huh? You can put that large accessory on young adults', adults and elders, and although it was made for zombies, you can put it on anyone. Also, it won't turn your sim into a zombie.

Feel free to recolour (although that would be kind of silly), please don't include the mesh or claim your own. I *might* make a fast and a poison headcrab at some point. Headcrabs are the property of Valve software.

PS: The pictures are intentionally misspelt. If you don't understand them, watch that video.

* HeadcrabZombie1.jpg (69.21 KB, 600x450 - viewed 34249 times.)

* HeadcrabZombie2.jpg (52.54 KB, 600x450 - viewed 4475 times.)

* HeadcrabZombie3.jpg (57.21 KB, 600x450 - viewed 4460 times.)
* TFS_HeadcrabAccessory.rar (145.76 KB - downloaded 1312 times.)
chibspan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 07:34:29 pm »

Eww! I love it and it's so gross, just like a headcrab should be <3!
Centerman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 07:45:15 pm »

Yikes... Very nicely done. Thank you.

"Do not injure, abuse, oppress, enslave, insult, torment, torture or kill any creature or living being."

Jain scripture
AndrewM619

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 02:04:49 am »

Haha! This is great! I can't believe it hasn't gotten more comments here. I'm a big fan of Half-Life and Half-Life 2 and this looks just like a headcrab from the games. Now if only someone could make the rest of a headcrab zombie's body. You know, bloody scientist outfit with an opened stomach, long clawed fingers etc. It's a thought *Downloads!* Thank you for this.
Nouk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 01:24:50 pm »

hahahaha awesome Cheesy

J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 01:33:50 pm »

OMG! This is awesome! My boyfriend loves these games and will get a real kick out of his selfsim wondering around with a headcrab on. I love the captions too. *grins* Thank you!

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

fatimatillah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 11:17:56 am »

Half-Life is my first finished, no-cheat game!!! I love the headcrabs! Especially when they hide in the air vents in Half-Life 1, then they just jump and bite you and its really surprising! (I'm getting hyper!!!!) Wheeeee!!!! Thanks for this!

I Cats!!! :cat: <(^_^)>
timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 05:39:00 pm »

whyyyyyy!  i still have nightmares about these guys and i finished the game months ago!!  (although i called them dead chickens cus they look a bit like a plucked headless chicken to me.)

but thanks!  very cool.
LotsaSmiles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 07:03:41 pm »

I've played Half-Life in the past and all the creatures in the game freak me out. This looks just like the Headcrab from the game.  Good Job!
ovid

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 04:06:42 am »

Wow, this is awesome. Some much potential in these for new stories Smiley

Say, are you planning to do some more stuff we know from H-L?

Time, the devourer of all things.
Kisha

Hi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 10:13:50 pm »

EWW!! Yeah, I almost fell out of my computer chair when one of those things jumped out at me, anyway Great Job, Thanks!!! Cheesy

kelseysgr8

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 07:10:23 pm »

ewww! :tongue3: Terrific job! Cheesy

You don't stop laughing because you get old, you get old because you stop laughing!:notsmili:
Come join the Animal Army!!:animal: http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=262
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 03:24:06 pm »

hehe... love the reference to that story. xD For the poison one you should quote the second Full-Life.
Awesome job! I hope you do more of the half life characters... they are really creepy.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 04:20:06 pm by Elven_Song » Logged
tophatdan

iam a superhero in real life...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 06:04:58 pm »

wow, i have never seen a headcrab, i dont know what the hell it is, but i love it!

i cut the non sticky personal ads out of newspapers and burn then for inspiration
peridox

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 03:31:52 pm »

When I downloaded this into my game I got the dreaded blue flashing object error. I fixed the mesh to work now with the newer games.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/inucllnz20m/MESH_The_French_Sim_auheadcrab_nov2007.package

That is all.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: