Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 01:21:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Time help!  (Read 5447 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tmsize

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2008, 07:10:38 pm »

So I have just installed Free Time and now my game is freaking out.  The first time I played it I didn't allow the CC to show and it was working fine.  Then the second time I booted it up I allowed the CC to show because I can't live with out my Insimenator.  But when I went to play my "test" sim she couldn't sit down to eat, or play on her computer or pretty much anything that involves gaining skills.  

I took out Insim but that didn't help any and I took out some other questionable hacks/objects that I had.  Still I am having no luck.  I feel like a idiot for not backing up my game before I installed Free Time.  Is anyone having this issue as well?

Thanks,
Tina
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 08:55:04 pm »

insim is being updated, and will propably be released next week, (according to a message from the site owner, Eri himself - see site news). the old version of insim can damage your game, and so can other mods you've goot in the CC that are not updated for FT. there's probably something still not right in your CC folder, since the game was working correctly before enabling CC.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
tmsize

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 08:38:18 pm »

so is there anything i can do at the moment to fix my problem, short of uninstalling sims???
 I do share the game with my sister on our computer. her's is working fine, and she hasn't loaded the insim yet for game play.
jeditechyrosemary

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 10:15:49 pm »

You could try taking all your CC out & see if it works, then slowly reintroducing the CC one item/hack at a time...  

... which is a huge pain, but let's you narrow down problem items.

Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the universe together.  I am a Geek Goddess (98.0957% on geek forum test) 
Call me Rose.  :saber:
Naaarrf! Poit!  :notsmili:
kokozas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 10:10:51 pm »

Try 50% method instead of one by one, if you have more than 2 cc/hack items it will save a lot of time.

It's easy, just divide your custom content in two parts. Then add first part in dl folder and start the game. If game runs fine, then first part is good. If not, the faulty file(s) are in there. Anyway, now you know which part causes the problems. The you just continue dividing, adding and taking until you have found problem files. This will take some time, but is definitely faster than than trying files one by one.

Here's the link with more info about 50% method and locating problem cc.

http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content
SummerStorms

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 04:58:20 am »

I had problems with my cc not showing.I had to get rid of inteen for BV.When I reloaded my game all my cc was there and I have insim and I haven't had any problems with it.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 05:13:06 am »

Its that annoying freetime,it just seems to hate custom content!,so I got rid of my freetime, I love my custom content do much to give it up.lol
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 08:33:58 pm »

When you install a new ep, many cc and hacks are in need of updates.

You should always make sure everything you have is still compatible with the new ep before placing it back in your game.
tmsize

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 07:07:53 pm »

I really don't have that many hacks for my game.  I do have Inteen, Insim, the triplet/quad hack, lovebed and the sinful shower.  The rest of my cc is objects, clothing, hair and make up.  I cleaned up my cc and put the updated Insim back but I was still having the same issue of the sims not sitting down. I also installed the patch from Maxis.  Not like it is helping much.  ARGH.

Is there any way I can just uninstall Freetime?  This new ep is killing me.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 08:55:45 pm »

Did you only updated the Insim?  If so, many of the other mods you mentionned were updated to work with FT.
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 09:09:17 pm »

Sinful Shower?
*Off topic, not helping.. sorry.

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
tmsize

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 12:43:02 am »

Ok, I took out Insimenator and the love bed and it was still acting up.  Didn't realize that the rest had updates as well.  That might resolve my issues.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 01:55:38 am »

Inteen and triplets/quads mods for example were updated for FT.

Make sure to check all of the mods you have and if not clear or simply do not remember from which site you originally got a mod, remove it/them which are not specify if or not are compatible with the FT ep.  In doubt, it is better to remove stuff then to leave them in.

The best way to know if it is CC that is acting up is to move your COMPLETE downloads foldler to the desktop and see if the game acts normal WITHOUT ANY cc at all.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 01:58:52 am by MissDoh » Logged
tmsize

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 12:58:44 pm »

Huzzah!  It is working again but with a new quirk that is livable.  I can use InSIM again.  Thanks for the heads up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: